Small claims court

• I did, 4 months ago. Think they'll still take action on it?
    Or, might be easier, I just shoot the motherfucker in the chest with a Nosler boattail at 300 yds. (Course, I cant do that now that I mentioned it, but...)

But seriously on the credit card?

you have a warranty so yes!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• OK!! All great ideas above but this is the skinny. The first step is small claims court and secure a judgement. That done it puts no money in your pocket plus you are out filing fees and court costs. NOW - gettin paid!! It varies on your state laws how to collect. You need to find out what you can about who you are suing. If your state is a garnishment state you can file paperwork to have the judge decide how much to take out of each check to satisfy the judgement. Find out if they have been on the job long because they will quit when the first garnishment kicks in and then you have to find them and start all over again. Check the Real Property records and see what property they own and file paperwork to attach judgement. Won’t get any money until property sells. Think I would start out with a real mean letter - @KayTwo - gimme a call and I’ll help you draft it if you like !! Bottom line small claims court is a real crap shoot as to whether or not you will actually collect some money. BTW - have you thought about threatening him with @sideseatdriver - she is pretty scary :00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• OK!! All great ideas above but this is the skinny. The first step is small claims court and secure a judgement. That done it puts no money in your pocket plus you are out filing fees and court costs. NOW - gettin paid!! It varies on your state laws how to collect. You need to find out what you can about who you are suing. If your state is a garnishment state you can file paperwork to have the judge decide how much to take out of each check to satisfy the judgement. Find out if they have been on the job long because they will quit when the first garnishment kicks in and then you have to find them and start all over again. Check the Real Property records and see what property they own and file paperwork to attach judgement. Won’t get any money until property sells. Think I would start out with a real mean letter - @KayTwo - gimme a call and I’ll help you draft it if you like !! Bottom line small claims court is a real crap shoot as to whether or not you will actually collect some money. BTW - have you thought about threatening him with @sideseatdriver - she is pretty scary :00008359:

or you can give us an address to his shop and we can burn it down and rape his sheep!

• The first step is small claims court and secure a judgement. That done it puts no money in your pocket plus you are out filing fees and court costs. NOW - gettin paid!! It varies on your state laws how to collect. You need to find out what you can about who you are suing.

Well, if the credit card company can't do anything, then we'll see what happens in court. He owns the business, and hes got money rolling in, because he's "the busiest shop in town," according to him, plus there are a few other folks who he has run up for thousands of dollars.

I'll call you soon, brother.

• BTW - have you thought about threatening him with @sideseatdriver - she is pretty scary :00008359:

Yeah... That happened, minus the threats. I wrote something on his paper, so he wouldn't let me sign it, so I refused to sign anything and he verbally rescinded his warranty on the transmission (which was written on the paper). I called his Bullshit and he got angry, said he'd "see" about it. If I was any less the crazy bitch he would have actually scared me.

• Coincidentally, I took my Sling to my buddy's tranny shop today just to show it off. He's been doing tranny's for 40+ years and has been the owner for the last 25 or so. He told me that 25 years ago, they would be into a rebuild about $800 or $900 in parts and make $500. Now they are into a rebuild $2,800 - $3,800 in parts and make the same $500. Tough business to be in. When I walked through the door his brother, the lead tech, was in a foul mood. When I walked into his office, he was in a foul mood. Things weren't going well and it showed. The increase in technology has not been kind to the techs that fix these. That being said, your shop should be able to provide timely invoices for the specific parts your tranny requires for the 'rebuild' they charged you for. They simply cannot keep parts in inventory anymore. You won't get this info without filing suit but that is what I would be asking for. Good luck my friend.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well, if the credit card company can't do anything, then we'll see what happens in court. He owns the business, and hes got money rolling in, because he's "the busiest shop in town," according to him, plus there are a few other folks who he has run up for thousands of dollars.
    I'll call you soon, brother.

ALSO - you indicated that you had several of this scumbags’s customers were dissatisfied. If you could get all of them to file small claims suits thus proving a pattern and practice of substandard service it would bolster your position. OR find you a young hungry lawyer that will represent your group and sue for deceptive trade practices, additional transportation expenses, pain and suffering, loss of consortium...bout everything you can throw against the wall and possibly make stick. File lengthy interrogatories with request for production of all complaints for the past 10 years. Depose him numerous times asking the same questions in a different form to catch him in a lie. Guys like this can be usually mashed like a piss ant and will be crying like a little bitch to get out. We just need to formulate a plan of attack. He can be got - just got to have a complete battle plan prior to pulling the trigger.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it