Received report their was trouble with android app.....

• I received a report that the app for android closes immediately after opening. I haven't heard of any issues with the IOS (apple) version of the app suffering this issue. If you have an iPad or iPhone with the app and are having this issue please post below. I am currently debugging the android issue....

Will have it resolved shortly.....

• I mustn’t Tapatalk. It has an occasional issue where is will just close the app on its own. Been worse since the last update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• The IOS {apple version ) seems to be ok and those users will not need to do anything.

The android users will need to install the new version. The app has been updated and published to the Play Store. It is ready to download and install.

Mine didn't ask to update when I went to the store. It just had the choice to uninstall or open. You will need to uninstall it and turn around and install it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Awwww... so cute. Android made a boo boo.

TIME TO BUY APPLE FOLKS ~> no muss, no fuss ~> it just works!! :00000014:

Hey wasn't it Apples boo boo getting people lost and in accidents, because their maps app sucked so bad? And they had to crawl back to Google/Android begging to use Google maps again?

I tried Apple when the 6s came out. It dropped every third call, took forever to load a webpage, buffered every video, and had issues texting, all on the same network my Androids had no problem with. So, if you don't need a "Smartphone" to surf the net ,make calls or text, yeah...it works. :/:D

Disclaimer: My wife is all Apple and even she said the 6s was a bad choice to try as a first IPhone. She liked her 6 much better and had no issues, yet had the same 6s issues. They did eventually work out those bugs(couple months) but I was back to Android after a week of use. She in the end, must have grown fond of the 6s, because she only recently turned it in on an IPhone X.

#toeachtheirown ;)

• Back in the late 1980s, I had an Atari Mega ST4. At the time, I also used the Magic Sac Mac adapter on it as well as an IBM PC emulator.
    Not happy with Atari because of their management philosophy (they'd redesign their computers to save a few pennies, causing incompatibilities with existing software), I eventually switched entirely to PCs as I never liked Apple's insistence of only doing things their way (Steve Jobs always felt he knew the best way and no other way could possibly work).
    I also never liked Apple's lack of true expandability and lack of SD memory card support. Smart from a sales POV, but I'd rather be able to upgrade a memory card rather than be forced to buy a new device when I need more storage. It wasn't too long ago that Apple was elling a 16GB iPhone that basically forced people to buy extra online storage from Apple since they thought they'd save money buying the 16GB iPhone only to learn it was woefully short on storage capacity. My Son even betrayed me :D<X when he bought my Wife one of the hard-disk-based iPods and I constantly hear her complaining about problems with iTunes, but she's afraid to try one of the iTunes alternatives. Since she's so addicted to her iPod, I overlooked my distaste for Apple stuff and bought her a backup 160GB iPod. Those things are just about impossible to find now.
    Apple products are designed to reduce customer choice and lock them into the Apple universe of take what we offer without any additional choice. That is probably the main reason Apple users have fewer problems since Apple so stringently controls their hardware options.
    I just prefer the more open PC architecture where you can choose from a wide variety of components and accept the fact that trying to design software for such a wide possible range of hardware can introduce some problems, but freedom of choice is a cornerstone of American life. It's funny how Apple's groundbreaking ad pictures the PC world as too controlling, yet Apple does their best to lock their users in step.
    Obviously, I also prefer Android over iOS. Do I think Google should tighten control over how much Android device makers should be allowed to customize Android? Yes, if for no other reason than to force more frequent updates. I cited Apple's lack of expandability in their devices and that's a large part of my preference for Android devices. Here's an interesting article from How-To Geek - If You Want to Use A Phone as Your Main PC, You Should Buy Android.
    In case you can't tell from my diatribe, I don't care for Apple products. It's bad enough having that darned iPod in the house! :D

• Understand your rant. My path was from TRS-DOS to MS-DOS to Windows. Been a fan of open archetchure since the late 70s. However, MS has done an excellent job of making the system big, complex and no more fun to program. Ah, where did all the elegant programmers go?

I did have a Droid phone for a couple of years. Gave up on it because it was so buggy. I wanted a damned phone, not a system I had to program to make a call.

Love my 6s. Looking forward to replacing it with an 8. Leary of wireless everything. My truck isn’t ready for that either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• I'm an Apple fan girl for sure... cause ain't nothing you can do on an Andriod or PC, that I can't do on an Apple! :P

If you like Apple, stick with Apple. I just didn't like overpriced stuff with a less flexible architecture that restricts you to working the way Apple wants you to. Having total control over architecture definitely makes it a lot easier to develop your OS.

The need to accommodate a very wide range of hardware not available to the Mac world necessitates a lot of the complexity in the various Windows OSes.
    Don't know what Android phone you had problems with, but everyone we've had (probably around 10 over the last 10 years for the five of us) has operated w/o problem.
    Apple fanatics will always pick Apple, but I think for a lot of people, the camera is the main decision-point among Android phones.

• If you like Apple, stick with Apple. I just didn't like overpriced stuff with a less flexible architecture that restricts you to working the way Apple wants you to. Having total control over architecture definitely makes it a lot easier to develop your OS.

The need to accommodate a very wide range of hardware not available to the Mac world necessitates a lot of the complexity in the various Windows OSes.Don't know what Android phone you had problems with, but everyone we've had (probably around 10 over the last 10 years for the five of us) has operated w/o problem.
    Apple fanatics will always pick Apple, but I think for a lot of people, the camera is the main decision-point among Android phones.

It's all personal preference. I still use a PC for my computer but prefer my iPhone for mobile. It works for me, that is what counts.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter