Introducing the DDMWorks Skunkworks White Beast!

• @Lost soul, since many of the speed freaks on here have incrementally increased hp and love their Slings more each time, I would say your percieved optimal HP and theirs are many ponies apart. ;)

If you are strictly talking twisty roads or tracks, you are correct, more than 225hp doesn't help much in the twisties. There is however a lot of road between the curves.

• @Lost soul, since many of the speed freaks on here have incrementally increased hp and love their Slings more each time, I would say your percieved optimal HP and theirs are many ponies apart. ;)

If you are strictly talking twisty roads or tracks, you are correct, more than 225hp doesn't help much in the twisties. There is however a lot of road between the curves.

So you think a heavy modded ss takes a stock z06 in a straight line? I mean I understand the z06 is cheaper and has ac

• So you think a heavy modded ss takes a stock z06 in a straight line? I mean I understand the z06 is cheaper and has ac

@Lost soul, not sure what you’re doing on this forum because you’re apparently not an SS fan, but let’s get a couple things cleared up for you. In a straight line from a dead stop A moped can take an SS. However, a semi modded SS can easily go head to head with a z06 if not at a dead stop, on a track, and even in a straight line. Without a doubt on mountain roads your z06 driver is not going to fare very well going against a relatively good driver and a semi modded SS. Question is, will the z06 driver be willing to go well into the 140’s, because thats where the semi modded sling will hit a wall (no pun intended). Most of the vette, mustang, camaro, etc drivers I’ve run across start backing off once they start crossing into the triple digits. Not all, but very few will actually push them to do what they’re capable of. Of those that do, every single one that I’ve run across has given me the thumbs up at the end of our excursion. See the thing is Mr. Soul is that many of us that are after more hp are not looking to drag race. We’re well aware of the sling’s shortcoming where traction is concerned, but rather we’re looking for higher top speeds. Another thing, I don’t see where you’re getting your figures comparing a Z06 pricing to a modified sling. With very few exceptions, even a well modified sling is less than 50 and most are barely into the 30s. There’s a few exceptions to that, of course, but I’m pretty sure I’m no where near the cost of a z06, and I’ve got quite a bit invested in mine. Straight line from a dead stop aside, you put a vette, camaro SS, etc against one of our modified slings and in most cases neither of us is going to be at much of an advantage, exceptions to that are the afore mentioned higher triple digits.
    Again, not sure what you’re doing on this forum other than to rattle a few chains, but whatever your reasoning, at least get your facts straight!

• Honestly, is this thread anything but kissing rabtechs ass? The setup of this vehicle imo is optimized at give or take 225 hp, anything more is just tire spin. Split seconds gained after a 100k investment. Could have gained more by adding a wheel... or buying a 100k v8 that has ac.

I have SEVERAL of these
    slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/73577/
    To wager @rabtech @StickerDick@Slingrazor @MACAWS - any one of these guys will spank a z06 like a mother spanks her little boy for stealing Skittles from the convenience store. BESIDES —— if we wanna kiss @rabtech s ass we been here long enough we can do it if we decide it is necessary. You Sir - have questionable manners !! Clean up your act!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• So you think a heavy modded ss takes a stock z06 in a straight line? I mean I understand the z06 is cheaper and has ac

Hey @Lost soul

I have to bite the bait.... :D

First, I do like ass kissing..... But who doesn't... :thumbsup:

Second, I have already entered the stock Z06 12 second time slot ( 12.2 to be exact) and had no problems being in front at the 1/4 mile point. As a matter of a fact I believe ALL the Slingshots that were at Ocala were picking them off. And if memory serves me ,,,, the BMW M3's and the Mustangs were also being outrun by us in the 1/4.

Third, I have been at waaaaaaay over 400hp for a long time. And I have had so much fun with it. If I need it to stick to the track I put the super sticky shoes on her. If I want to play in the mountains I put some sporty shoes on her.

Fourth, I understand that you just registered here. I am glad to see new members. But when you say things like 225hp is the optimal HP for a Slingshot.....That is just telling everyone your a troll out for an argument.

Fifth and lastly,, Its amazing what kind of HP a sticky tire can put down on the ground when properly warmed up. I can send you a worn down Mickey Thompson if you need an example of one to carry to your local tire store when ordering your next rear tire.

P.S. If I wanted something with 4 wheels and air that was fast I would buy something like that to drive. I am driving with 3 wheels and the Ecotec engine and wouldnt have it any other way...

• @Lost soul you have actually stumbled on my absolute target. On average a Z06 is about 8 to 10 car lengths behind at 140 MPH from a rolling start of 40 mph (Highway). Off the line the Z06 still is kissing my ass from about 2 car lengths at 140.
    Now if you understand speed and would have said a Ford F150 with a 3.5 Ecoboost motor, I would have had to listen (Google it). The Z06 is not the wicked machine it is made out to be. Anyone who has been against one will tell you.
    Your assumption that 225 HP being the optimal power is just that. Theory gets its ass kicked everytime by facts. In the real world facts always win.

• Honestly, is this thread anything but kissing rabtechs ass? The setup of this vehicle imo is optimized at give or take 225 hp, anything more is just tire spin. Split seconds gained after a 100k investment. Could have gained more by adding a wheel... or buying a 100k v8 that has ac.

welcome aboard @Lost soul - looking forward to pictures of your ride and adventures

What's your vision for your Slingshot? What mods have you made? What's on your mod list? Attending any of the rallies? Where are you located?