The 700 Club

• Per his responses on Instagram $13,700. That may be the price on this build. Maybe the start a little cheaper if you chose different options...
    I personally could care less on what anyone "calls" it when a quad kit is installed. All I know is that this type of setup will just kill any Slingshot in the typical stock 3 wheel configuration. This type of setup is not for someone that worries about classifications. To appreciate this, you really need to understand the performance and how it relates to other very fast and expensive vehicles. It is a legitimate go cart with 4 wheels that you can drive legally on the street and will likely embarrass Arial Atoms, KTM X-Bows, and other super cars in performance metrics.

I have one of the fastest, if not the fastest, track Slingshots in the country. I am quite literally out of things to add to it that would make it faster on a track in a 3-wheeled configuration. I like the looks of a 3-wheeled Slingshot better, but you never get the crazy fast acceleration feeling in a Slingshot because rear traction is such an issue. At some point you just hit a performance wall with 3 wheels, to go any faster you would need to add a quad kit.

Props to Bob and making this kit a reality so people can buy it. For around a $50k budget/build, this is a tremendous value compared to other vehicles with this type of performance.

I know Bob will say I'm being a troll again... that's life, the 4 wheels from what I saw was no better or worse when we were in Colorado last year and @otter hit the guard rail in his "quad" SlingShot! No one in my opinion can argue that @otter aka Tracy is not an excellent engineer and mechanic. He builds and flies his own planes, he has since re-built his sling that he wrecked in Colorado, but I know that even he admitted the 4 wheels did not really contribute or detract from the driving experience. I believe that for the Slingshot to stay a Slingshot it needs to at least be a three wheeled vehicle, close to the body design and lite weight as possible, thus, when I finish off this season of SlingShot events, I will proceed with my quest to build the 1st ALL-Wheel Drive Slingshot with the Subaru WRX turbocharged drivetrain we have!

I just feel that is the next logical step after I did the 1st Honda Powered Sling and proved it is viable and fast, Jamie Roy has taken that concept to the next level with his Honda 2.4K motor build that will debut in MV, and since I don't want to be in that crowded arena of "a Honda....., So?" I'm going to go AWD! :D:D

• I know Bob will say I'm being a troll again... that's life, the 4 wheels from what I saw was no better or worse when we were in Colorado last year and @otter hit the guard rail in his "quad" SlingShot! No one in my opinion can argue that @otter aka Tracy is not an excellent engineer and mechanic. He builds and flies his own planes, he has since re-built his sling that he wrecked in Colorado, but I know that even he admitted the 4 wheels did not really contribute or detract from the driving experience. I believe that for the Slingshot to stay a Slingshot it needs to at least be a three wheeled vehicle, close to the body design and lite weight as possible, thus, when I finish off this season of SlingShot events, I will proceed with my quest to build the 1st ALL-Wheel Drive Slingshot with the Subaru WRX turbocharged drivetrain we have!
    I just feel that is the next logical step after I did the 1st Honda Powered Sling and proved it is viable and fast, Jamie Roy has taken that concept to the next level with his Honda 2.4K motor build that will debut in MV, and since I don't want to be in that crowded arena of "a Honda....., So?" I'm going to go AWD! :D:D

So, StickerDick, just to be sure I understand are you saying you are going to build a 3 wheel drive Slingshot?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• that is exactly what we've been talking about for the last year or so when I first finished the Honda and I found a Subaru WRX wrecked car that we bought and put into storage so yep we're going to build an all-wheel-drive three-wheeled slingshot two wheels in the front driving and one wheel in the back driving that we're going to drift or autocross and hilll climb and it will be street legal and it will look just like the slingshot from the outside until you start it up or open the hood

• and in my opinion it will still be a slingshot cuz it is just three wheels not four , it'll have the look of a slingshot on the outside but it will obviously be modified like everybody seems to doing it will just be my interpretation of what a personal slingshot should look like.

• that is exactly what we've been talking about for the last year or so when I first finished the Honda and I found a Subaru WRX wrecked car that we bought and put into storage so yep we're going to build an all-wheel-drive three-wheeled slingshot two wheels in the front driving and one wheel in the back driving that we're going to drift or autocross and hilll climb and it will be street legal and it will look just like the slingshot from the outside until you start it up or open the hood

Based on the amount of snow we get here annually in Florida, that totally makes sense to me.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• So does the extra tire help much with traction, or is the light weight rear the limiting factor? Can bob not track one before and after to quantify the difference? I think the quad is awesome, but assume it has relatively the same issues as 3 wheels. I’ve not been watching though... plus I think there needs to be a body kit for the rear of the quad, just my opinion.

• So does the extra tire help much with traction, or is the light weight rear the limiting factor? Can bob not track one before and after to quantify the difference? I think the quad is awesome, but assume it has relatively the same issues as 3 wheels. I’ve not been watching though... plus I think there needs to be a body kit for the rear of the quad, just my opinion.

This is not a performance quad (in my opinion), but did do something different with the rear (body kit)...

Underground auto styling work... Just sharing...

Also notice he cut the front inserts they sell a little different... Better lines IMO...

The weight spread over 2 wheels is a factor. What makes them work is the limited slip rearend they are installing.

• What I would like to know, and it may be different in different States, Is there a point in changing the physical layout of a vehicle where the law would require it to be re registered as something different than it was from the factory? I know that in California there is a special registration process for kit cars if I am not mistake this process is the only one can legally register an Arial Atom for use on the street. I wonder if changing a slingshot to 4 wheels could in some States actually invalidate the classification it received from the factory as a motorcycle. Knowing how messed up California is when it comes to having silly laws it really would not surprise me if they had some law like this on the books.

Not to worry Edward your not talking apples to apples here , trust me I have much experience in kit car, custom built motorcycles, and even built and registered three of my own two seat aircraft. The kitcar and Arial Atom registrations you speak of are just that , the first registration of a motorized vehicle after the point of manufacturing for the purpose of titling . The title on every vehicle is created after it is manufactured and assigned a vin, and only when it is transferred from the manufacturer to the first owner. That title then follows that vin from cradle to grave. Irregardless of how many times it is resold and or modified . No States or Provinces eh . requires a person buying a used vehicle from a previous owner to claim or testify in an affidavit , the vehicle is in original O.E.M form and has not been modified. Of course it can be modified , haven,t you watched what has been done in the lifted truck industry, there is nothing O.E.M. left under there.
    What every State and Province does have on the books is legislation that says, no person shall tamper with or remove a Vin from a chassis. they also say , no person shall tamper with or alter a vin on a title. As soon as a Polaris Dealer sells a Slingshot the first title is created in the first owners name ATTACHING THAT TITLE TO THAT VIN , AND CONSEQUENTLY THAT CHASSIS. That title registration remains attached via that vin to that chassis, from cradle to grave irregardless of how many times it is transferred into another owners name !
    As long as Bob's customers continue to use that original Slingshot vinned chassis and just bolt on accessories there will never be an issue with regards to titling, or transferring that title to a new owner. My point is, A title is only created once, by the original vehicle manufacturer ,whatever make, model and type he registers it as, it stay as that from cradle to grave. The local DMV only actually transfers title from person to person , they are not creating the title, they have no authority or desire to go outside and inspect a vehicle, nor do they have the authority to ever change the make or model. If Polaris registers that original title as a motorcycle or whatever, that's how that title reads from cradle to grave. There are brands, flood, salvage , rebuilt etc that can be added to a title along the way and removed with the appropriate paperwork but the blonde behind the counter with the big watermelons is checking the appropriate paperwork to see if the brand gets changed , she is never qualified to go outside and determine what has or hasn't been done to a vehicle nor does she ever have authority to change the make or model . A Slingshot MOTORCYCLE IS ALWAYS A MOTORCYCLE, OR WHATEVER THAT ORIGINAL TITLE READS IN YOUR APPROPRIATE STATE, adding bolt on accessories cannot change that .

Insurance with some carriers may be another issue, some original policies state the vehicle insured is and must remain as equipped by the Original manufacturer and not be modified from original manufacturers specifications. But more and more carriers have quickly learned if they want to stick to that thinking their market share will quickly shrink and so now many just ask that you pay an extra premium for the dollar value of mods you wish to have insured.

• Car guys get this build! IMO its a Slingshot still just one withOUT a traction issue! The quad kit has fixed the traction problem and am able to put this 525hp to the ground. I'm in search of traction loss again, The LSA build should be fun. See ya'll much later
    Haters are my marketing team! :thumbsup:

In that case I AM GOING TO BE YOUR BEST MARKETER,,, because ,,,, I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT I DON'T HAVE ONE !