The 700 Club

• OOPS I think I rubbed him wrong with my, The Canadians are coming for yah thread , Good thing he has a sense of humor ! don,t wanna be the guy poking the bear . lol

• No. You didn't poke the bear.... :D

I just think these 4 wheel creations are a whole new category. A category that absolutely can not be compared in any way with a 3 wheeled slingshot..

When they reach significant numbers they will even need a special section on the forum for technical and general information.

• Agree ^^^^

In my opinion, if you're going for speed, might as well start with the 4 wheel conversion... Otherwise, if you're sticking with 3 wheels, then be all about CURVES and drifting...

With traction control having some issues on my Sling since the impact, she's really squirrely and I'm loving it! I'm slipping and sliding all over the place, but no impacts yet! And being able to make the rear squeal so easily without being boosted, well I get enough rush for now... For now... :rolleyes:

• OOPS I think I rubbed him wrong with my, The Canadians are coming for yah thread , Good thing he has a sense of humor ! don,t wanna be the guy poking the bear . lol

I'm not a hater. I think it's cool, but like I said earlier, it's not a slingshot when you add the fourth wheel. Sorry guys, you made a kit car.

• Well if follow Harley Davidson's model of what mods make it not a Harley.
    Original engine
    Transmission
    Frame
    If any one these have been changed it can not be sold as a HD.

That would put anyone out who is using a different variance of the LE9.
    Sorry I don't agree with you all. They are slingshot's at the core, just someone else's interpretation. Just because someone has came up with a way to make it better in their eyes doesn't change what the title says. Especially if the performance is beyond what you are doing.
    A quad is still a Slingshot at its core. Is what @oneshots making not a Slingshot because it is a Honda motor? Is what @rabtech is running not a Slingshot because it has a sand cast block with different internals, boost, cooling system, etc etc? If a quad is installed but the engine and transmission are still the type installed by the manufacture, why is it any less than those two?
    If we are going down the road of what is or isn't a Slingshot, well I guess I would have to congratulate those who left it stock because they own the real Slingshots.

Checking out.

• Oh my my fellow Slingshot riders , now I agree that we all deserve the right to make our slingshots our own and I agree that a Slingshot that polaris designed is a three wheeled vehicle with a 2.4L GM powerplant and a GM 5 speed manual transmission. Now with that being said , it is true that I’m installing Honda 2.4L engines in the slingshots to create more horsepower and push the limits of what the slingshot can handle with three wheels because that’s my thing . Some people want to seek more horsepower with turbos , SC , NOS and other bolt on goodies . That’s all cool in my book !
    Now let’s talk about drag racing or even street racing , I will say that the Slingshot that has a V8 and throw in a quad kit and now we have something that should hand any 3 wheeled Slingshot its lunch and send us home with disappointment except for the few of us that can’t wait to try the new potential king of the mountain to put our creations limits to the test .
    Please don’t take my comment offensive for anyone who throws hard earned money at what brings us joy because I have thrown more than I ever planned at mine , I just like to go fast on tracks and on the street and in the twists and I really enjoy the disappointment on the automobiles that I have raced and beat even though most have got me out of the hole until I caught them when I hit 3rd and passed them .
    at the end of the day I still like to attend all the events and look at what everyone of us has modified and anyone who wants to have fun burning rubber with me and let’s see what our machines can do . Let’s plan a day . Or atleast video what our machines can do on the track and share with everyone else .
    For the record , I can’t wait to see what my 10,000 rpm Honda 2.4L can do with a Goliath v8 . In a good sportsmanship kinda way of course ! If I loose , the drinks are on me ! If I win , I’ll still buy a round of drinks !

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• 3 wheels, stock and/or NA mods... Well, even a basic turbo or SC... This is what Slingshots were made for... :thumbsup:

Yes, 4 wheels can do this too, but in my opinion, it's not the same experience... Love my Slingshot and that slippery rear!

• Must disagree @Slingrazor look a Fiero if I put a lambo body on it, is it a Fiero or Lambo? A friend has a 50 Merc. Cool as hell, and has everything under the skin as a corvette. Is it a vette? No , it's a kit car. sorry, don't hate me

Dean, I think you answered the question in your first sentence..... It’s a Fiero with a Lamborghini body. It may look like a Lamborghini, but is still runs like a Fiero. IMO, if someone put 8 wheels on a Slingshot, it is a “Slingshot with 8 wheels”!
    One of the very first things I did was to yank off those stupid reflectors and start searching for “mods” on the internet. Found 3 and got all of them! Modification and innovation is in our blood and it certainly will not be me who limits what is or is not a Slingshot.
    Sure.... Some of us will put in big motors, Auto trannies, an extra wheel and things not thought of yet. Kudos to all! And, as in drag racing, there will be different “classes” to make things more even. Will EJFord be able to run with the big motors? No. Will a stock 2.4 be able to win a drag against a boosted 2.4? No.
    Will a 5speed manual be able to beat an auto trans off the line? Probably not.
    To say that a “mod” would outcast a Slingshot is like saying any computer not made by Microsoft is not a computer! We must be very careful to avoid become “Mod Police”. Almost as careful to avoid being “Politically Correct”!
    If I were to show up at Maggie with 8 wheels, I guarandamnteeyou the first words out of everyone’s mouth would be “Look at that Slingshot with 8 wheels”!

• “Look at that Slingshot with 8 wheels”!

:00008359: I'd end up saying something like "what the hell is that 8 wheeled thing? It's no sling! :00008356: I think things may have gone south with my comments. I mean no disrespect with any mods, I think they all are awesome. A 4 seater sling is still a sling, a cut hood, bigger motor, or any other mod with a sling is still a sling. With me, if you add a 4th wheel, it's kit car. :00008172: If you showed up with 8 wheels, I'd wonder how you put 5 extra wheels in the passenger seat :00008356:

• I want to make my position a little clearer.

As I said in my first post. I think that they are awesome. I would love to have one. And I think they would be a ton of fun. However when I said it's not a slingshot when u put the 4th wheel on the ground I think some of you took me literal...I know it still has the VIN of a slingshot and I know it's still a considered a Slingshot on the highway.

I just dont see how we can compare the two versions without having some way to separate them when discussing the technical specs.

On the forum it's pretty easy. We just have a separate section for them. Just like the example someone posted earlier about the Harley trike. The trike has it's own section on a Harley forum. Right now there is not enough of them to worry about a separate section. But in the future who knows.

I didn't mean to stir the pot when I posted. I was just trying to bring to light that there is huge difference in a 4 wheel slingshot with a Chevy V8 and the regular 3 wheel version with the 4 cylinder in it.

• Dean, I think you answered the question in your first sentence..... It’s a Fiero with a Lamborghini body. It may look like a Lamborghini, but is still runs like a Fiero. IMO, if someone put 8 wheels on a Slingshot, it is a “Slingshot with 8 wheels”! One of the very first things I did was to yank off those stupid reflectors and start searching for “mods” on the internet. Found 3 and got all of them! Modification and innovation is in our blood and it certainly will not be me who limits what is or is not a Slingshot.
    Sure.... Some of us will put in big motors, Auto trannies, an extra wheel and things not thought of yet. Kudos to all! And, as in drag racing, there will be different “classes” to make things more even. Will EJFord be able to run with the big motors? No. Will a stock 2.4 be able to win a drag against a boosted 2.4? No.
    Will a 5speed manual be able to beat an auto trans off the line? Probably not.
    To say that a “mod” would outcast a Slingshot is like saying any computer not made by Microsoft is not a computer! We must be very careful to avoid become “Mod Police”. Almost as careful to avoid being “Politically Correct”!
    If I were to show up at Maggie with 8 wheels, I guarandamnteeyou the first words out of everyone’s mouth would be “Look at that Slingshot with 8 wheels”!

Must disagree @Slingrazor look a Fiero if I put a lambo body on it, is it a Fiero or Lambo? A friend has a 50 Merc. Cool as hell, and has everything under the skin as a corvette. Is it a vette? No , it's a kit car. sorry, don't hate me

It would kind of look like that mini truck I saw at Charlotte years ago. It had 3 rear wheels in a row on each side, not something that I liked but had to give the kid the credit for doing something different and making it look good

• One of the reasons I love this place (Thank you @rabtech) is that we all have opinions and are free to express them without personal attacts unlike what the world has become!
    I try to be careful with my opinions to not force them on any one else and I love and respect the opinions of others as long as they are not “exclusive”. Excluding thought or innovation has never been acceptable here and I hope it never will.
    You say “Potato” and I say “Potatoe”..... it’s still a damn root! LOL!

• One of the reasons I love this place (Thank you @rabtech) is that we all have opinions and are free to express them without personal attacts unlike what the world has become!
    I try to be careful with my opinions to not force them on any one else and I love and respect the opinions of others as long as they are not “exclusive”. Excluding thought or innovation has never been acceptable here and I hope it never will.
    You say “Potato” and I say “Potatoe”..... it’s still a damn root! LOL!

Yea, that is so right @Painter. I say Pe-can and you say Pe-con