New Polaris recall notice : Seat belt buckle or seat back could detach from the seat base.

• Polaris Industries is recalling 24,235 model year 2015-2018 Slingshot motorcycles.
    The driver-seat and passenger-seat seat belt and seat back anchoring bracket may have been improperly welded.
    Additionally, differences in the seat assembly may prevent proper latching of the seat slider, allowing the driver's seat to move unexpectedly.
    If the seat belt buckle or seat back detach from the seat base, there would be an increased risk of injury in the event of a crash. If the driver's seat unexpectedly moves, it can cause the driver to lose control of the motorcycle, increasing the risk of a crash.
    What to do
    Polaris will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the seat belt bracket and seat back welds, and the seat slider latching function.
    If the weld is missing or incomplete, or if the slider doesn't latch properly, the seat bases will be replaced, free of charge.
    The recall is expected to begin April 16, 2018.
    Owners may contact Polaris customer service at 1-855-863-2284. Polaris' number for this recall is T-18-01.

• So why revive a thread about a several months old recall that is small potatoes(not a single known failure)....... :00008862:

PS. the accident that had a head on collision and people are claiming that the person died because of the seat belt doesn't count, I mean does anyone really expects to survive a head on collision on a motorcycle?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Excluding head-on collisions which are rarely good on any moorcycle, the Slingshot seems to have done a pretty good job protecting occupants compared to a two-wheel motorcycle or bicycle up against a car/truck.

Edited once, last by BKL ().