I just got a 8.5' X 16' enclosed trailer to haul the slingshot around. Pretty sure it'll fit....... right?

• $4200 for my all aluminum trailer. 8.5' x 14' box, 3' V-nose, 1100lbs empty and about 3000lbs + or - with the sling. About 12 mpg from Vermont to Maggie Valley. Secure and dry anywhere I go.

Now that is LIGHT LIGHTWEIGHT. Very nice!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Need to go at least 7 x 14 flat bed with a 6 ft tail gate. Single axel will work.

I have a 7 x 14 duel axel with the 6 ft gate and still need to jack up the front of the trailer when hooked to the truck when loading and than scrape a little.

EjFord, I need a light trailer to tow behind my GMC Acadia. I was going by the wheel base of the slingshot as for length. I didn't take ground clearance of SS into account. And the only reason I would need to haul my SS is long distance gatherings like maybe Maggie Valley. I'll look for a 7x14 single axel trailer. Thanks

• EjFord, I need a light trailer to tow behind my GMC Acadia. I was going by the wheel base of the slingshot as for length. I didn't take ground clearance of SS into account. And the only reason I would need to haul my SS is long distance gatherings like maybe Maggie Valley. I'll look for a 7x14 single axel trailer. Thanks

The 'tow dolly' that kev makes is a very good unit. I got the full trailer (tax write off) and can use with my business.

• The 'tow dolly' that kev makes is a very good unit. I got the full trailer (tax write off) and can use with my EjFord

EjFord, A dolly might be easier to pull but I just don't like the idea of towing my SS backward. I believe it puts to much strain on the windshield and can cause it to break. My F4 windshield is 5 in. taller than stock and is to expensive to replace.

• EjFord, A dolly might be easier to pull but I just don't like the idea of towing my SS backward. I believe it puts to much strain on the windshield and can cause it to break. My F4 windshield is 5 in. taller than stock and is to expensive to replace.

I also have the F4 5+ tinted (4yrs and 70,000 miles) love it. I have the trailer for Florida in Jan so use the trailering cover. However I use the cockpit cover when traveling (riding) and it will fit with the F4 5+ windshield. Just trying to share Ideas that I have seen work. (Some people --- my wife --- think I get a little pushy with my ideas.

• canegrinder while that appears to be a fair consideration at first glance ,I can assure you we have never had an instance of any windshield issues , nor will we. Reason being , the dolly operates in the low pressure area created behind the tow vehicle and by the tail of the ss too, Think Nascar Drafting . I have even tested towing with a cover on and there is no great tendency to rip the cover rearward .

• canegrinder while that appears to be a fair consideration at first glance ,I can assure you we have never had an instance of any windshield issues , nor will we. Reason being , the dolly operates in the low pressure area created behind the tow vehicle and by the tail of the ss too, Think Nascar Drafting . I have even tested towing with a cover on and there is no great tendency to rip the cover rearward .

kev I do believe the Donnie "Scottertrash" uses the cockpit cover when towing his.

• can anyone say weather or not is it not recommended to backing the Sling? I’ve seen where several riders feel it is so much easier to secure when backing it in. I’m trying to decide if me being a person with a bad lower back, which is easier.
    Thanks

• You can back in or pull in. I find it easier to back out then back in but you have to watch the front wheels close you only have a couple inches to spare between wheel wells.

NOW.
    With that said you need to make sure you don’t have to much weight in the rear or it will cause the trailer to fishtail. It’s important to get trailer pulling level with proper tongue weight and load balanced. A load bearing hitch is nice but not a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Probably depends as much on the trailer you our using as any thing. In general the Slingshot is difficult to back up so I always load pulling on to and backing off. I don't trailer a lot, but have a 7 x 14 open dual axel which handles the Slingshot very well. Trailering needs a combination of tow vechiel and trailer and load.

Using the open trailer I use the Polaris Trailering cover to keep the Slingshot clean when going down the road. .

• A camera helps loading if you are driving in. I have 2 different cameras one is mounted in the trailer facing out and it connects to a iPod touch via Bluetooth. The second camera which is mostly what I use is mounted in the nose of the sling, it is basically a back up camera and if you leave the camera with the guidance lines on you can just align them with marks in the trailer and pull right in without much effort.

Just a note I still do occasionally smack the wheel wells so I carpeted them to avoid damaging the wheels

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I like to winch mine in trailer. Very little clearance between fender on enclosed trailer. I also like that I can control it a lot better. Most of all is this is from loading street mod cars and trucks and the easier I can do it alone I am for it. If you have open trailer most probably you will have about inch and half between fenders if stock wheels, but you need to check width of your SS first . To me just little more control is better. Problem on loading could be wet ramps or just bad angle. Just my .02$

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I like to winch mine in trailer. Very little clearance between fender on enclosed trailer. I also like that I can control it a lot better. Most of all is this is from loading street mod cars and trucks and the easier I can do it alone I am for it. If you have open trailer most probably you will have about inch and half between fenders if stock wheels, but you need to check width of your SS first . To me just little more control is better. Problem on loading could be wet ramps or just bad angle. Just my .02$

I agree winching is much easier, unfortunately due to my front spoiler I have limited attachment points. I have a set up with a winch just in case it can't get her in under her own power but for me it is faster to drive in. Thankfully I have only had to use it once.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Keep in mind that your weight distribution should be roughly 60% front and 40% rear. This can be adjusted to get the desired tongue weight. If you overweight the rear you can get fishtail as mentioned but if it's too extreme, you can end up with negative tongue weight, meaning there is lift at the tongue which you DO NOT WANT. Trailers of identical size can load significantly different depending on axle placement.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I agree with you MACAWS but I have to reflect on our favorite slinger, Anita, when the front wheel fell off trailer. Yes for sure it is faster to drive on but kinda just my experience with putting any vehicle in a trailer, caution and control are first, since I do most of the loading solo.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• A camera helps loading if you are driving in. I have 2 different cameras one is mounted in the trailer facing out and it connects to a iPod touch via Bluetooth. The second camera which is mostly what I use is mounted in the nose of the sling, it is basically a back up camera and if you leave the camera with the guidance lines on you can just align them with marks in the trailer and pull right in without much effort.

Just a note I still do occasionally smack the wheel wells so I carpeted them to avoid damaging the wheels

This was my solution along with a mirror at the front of the trailer so that I can see how well I am lined up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• What are people using for race ramp alternatives? Seems a bit steep for $300 - 500 for some plastic ramps. 2x12 may work just as well, maybe a bit heavier

I got a hell of a deal on the trailer, so have some room in the budget, but don't want to just throw money away, well, not this time :)

• What are people using for race ramp alternatives? Seems a bit steep for $300 - 500 for some plastic ramps. 2x12 may work just as well, maybe a bit heavier

I got a hell of a deal on the trailer, so have some room in the budget, but don't want to just throw money away, well, not this time :)

Race ramps are foam not plastic - I use them because my front splitter will not clear but most Slings do not need them to make in a rear door if the trailer has a dove tail.

You can make a fold out wood ramp but you will need taller bumpers on the door - if you need more info PM me and I give you my cell

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!