New seat recall

• I was taught that while on a motorcycle assume that you WILL die if ever in a crash, avoid it as best you can and don't worry about the rest or don't ride.

Regardless of what many of you think or hope the slingshot is a MOTORCYCLE and therefore as safe as skydiving with a hole in the chute, no matter how you look at it the odds are against you so don't sweat the small details.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• Now unless the dealer is going to take them out and weld them.....it’s going to be a long time for Polaris to mail out replacement frames....that means removing the seats and then removing the frames ...putting on the new ones and reinstall the seats....several hours...

Please let us know where you were able to find that Polaris does not have enough parts to service the "small numbers of Slingshot vehicles may have been manufactured with improper seat base frame welds" recall?

If you have the recall then you saw that the remediation is to replace the base frame not to have the "dealer is going to take them out and weld them"

Interested in hearing from anyone with actual experience that has contacted their servicing dealer and have been given information. IE, have to order parts, already ordered parts for you, parts are already here, etc.

I'll be calling our servicing dealer next week but if it is anything like other recalls I'll probably hear that they have ordered the parts for us and expects to have them in hand before the 2 hour drive we'll make to them in early May for the pre-MV oil change and checkup

• It says there could be missing welds....so the frames could be weak if stressed in a crash....so now do you drive it?

Well, we've been riding our SlingShot now for nearly three years, we're really not too concerned over a couple of more weeks/months..................

So far there doesn't appear to be a "STOP RIDE", so you can sue Polaris to your hearts desire if you get into a major accident and can prove that the seat belts were the cause of your injuries.................................

I expect that after all of this practice that the dealers will be getting this down to maybe an hour or so to switch out the brackets............

OK, I just called "a" dealer and their understanding is that the seats need to be inspected first, and if found faulty, a claim will be filed with Polaris and then the parts would then have to be shipped, so not a same day process........... (I am thinking that this will not be the dealer we will be choosing to do our recall?)

Bill

• With or without a seat belt....if you get T-BONED in your SS plan on death. There is nothing between you and a car bumper a seat belt will stop....

friend of mine got T-boned in a big car and he broke his back when he went out the side window....car seat belts are the opposite of the SS ones. He landed on the cars hood...

Most likely if an SS gets T-boned it won’t stop until it reaches the other side of the SS. Meaning you’ll be in the passenger seat....

• OK, I just contacted the other dealers within 230 miles, (our closest), and they each confirmed that the process will be to bring your SlingShot in to be inspected and if the brackets are found to be faulty they will order the parts for replacement to be installed on a future date. So, one day to take our SlingShot in to be inspected, come home, if new parts are required wait however long for them to be shipped, another day ride back up to have it repaired, so nine hundred and some miles total! Sure wish our original dealer had not quit the SlingShot X(

Bill

• I’m more worried about testers and this....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news…autonomous-023342063.html

Why do we need self driving vehicles....

So that tomorrows kids can play with their smart phones and not have to learn how to drive...................
    Bill

For the same reason you wear clothes instead of walking around naked like they did back 10k BC....... evolution.

How many people died on the first airplanes,boats and cars?.... given the amount of people in the city the few deaths involving SDV are nothing but a rounding error, in the same instant that the lady died i guaranteed you at least one person was involved in an accident due to DWI and at least one involved texting.

90% of the population can't drive properly to save their lives and not all is due to people being on their cell phone, you have people with ADD(there should be a test for this before you get a DL), bypolars who get triggered and go on rampages, elderly who can't physically drive but are too stubborn to willingly give up their license and the list of reasons why SDV are NEEDED goes on.

Bad drivers are an illness, what do you do when you have an illness? you create a vaccine and while I agree that today's SDV a far from total autonomous safe driving, I enjoy the heck out of driving my tesla with its limited self driving and trust it about 98% of the time, can't say the same when my GF is driving(We almost got dropped from state farm due to her driving prowess) so I can only imagine what it will be like 5 years from now.

Trying to fight evolution is like fighting gravity in the long run you will loose so just get on with the program.

• Had mine in for some other stuff this week. The seat recall just came through this week at my dealer. He said mine was the first one they did. He said mine passed I don't know what that means but oh well. Going to pick her up in the next couple days hopefully no rain.

• Dropped off @HeRSlings for the master cylinder bleed earlier (in the rain and 48 deg I might add ;( ). They told me about the recall. Took all of two minutes to check both seats. Hers were fine. Taking mine by tomorrow (not supposed to be raining and should be 60). He told me he will show me where to check when I bring it in. They have had at least 10 to check so far this week and none were missing the welds.

• Dropped off @HeRSlings for the master cylinder bleed earlier (in the rain and 48 deg I might add ;( ). They told me about the recall. Took all of two minutes to check both seats. Hers were fine. Taking mine by tomorrow (not supposed to be raining and should be 60). He told me he will show me where to check when I bring it in. They have had at least 10 to check so far this week and none were missing the welds.

You will be 'certified' To check out the Slingshots in Maggie...or just to Girls???

• I’m ok with you being a victim of a driverless car....but I really don’t want to be on the road with them...we don’t need them...and there really isn’t one good reason for them.

Now I will admit some of the technology used could be good additions to vehicles for safety reasons... we just witnessed a major failure of the system and the supposed driver attendant that clearly was distracted right before the moment of impact..

You test new technology in safe testing environments...not on public unwilling test dummies.

• Had mine in for some other stuff this week. The seat recall just came through this week at my dealer. He said mine was the first one they did. He said mine passed I don't know what that means but oh well. Going to pick her up in the next couple days hopefully no rain.

Dropped off @HeRSlings for the master cylinder bleed earlier (in the rain and 48 deg I might add ;( ). They told me about the recall. Took all of two minutes to check both seats. Hers were fine. Taking mine by tomorrow (not supposed to be raining and should be 60). He told me he will show me where to check when I bring it in. They have had at least 10 to check so far this week and none were missing the welds.

any chance you can get us a photo of a good base frame - might help some plan for the warranty work if they feel they can do a good enough compare of theirs to the photo

• "I’m ok with you being a victim of a driverless car....but I really don’t want to be on the road with them...we don’t need them...and there really isn’t one good reason for them."

I can't believe this A $$ hat just posted that about anyone, especially someone that is family to the rest of.
    Please go play somewhere else Jack....

• I’m ok with you being a victim of a driverless car....but I really don’t want to be on the road with them...we don’t need them...and there really isn’t one good reason for them.
    Now I will admit some of the technology used could be good additions to vehicles for safety reasons... we just witnessed a major failure of the system and the supposed driver attendant that clearly was distracted right before the moment of impact..

You test new technology in safe testing environments...not on public unwilling test dummies.

This right here shows how much of an ignorant douchemaggie you are, sometimes I read your post and think you are just trolling everyone and having at laugh at our expense but that just proved that you truly are an insensitive moron that lack all manner of common sense or decency.

A statement like that is not something you EVER make but i guess you were raised by wolves because even if you were raised by homeless bums in the streets without a home they would have taught you that you never wish harm onto others just because you have a philosophical disagreement but again expecting any sort of intelligence from you is like expecting a wall to move on its own.

• OK, I just contacted the other dealers within 230 miles, (our closest), and they each confirmed that the process will be to bring your SlingShot in to be inspected and if the brackets are found to be faulty they will order the parts for replacement to be installed on a future date. So, one day to take our SlingShot in to be inspected, come home, if new parts are required wait however long for them to be shipped, another day ride back up to have it repaired, so nine hundred and some miles total! Sure wish our original dealer had not quit the SlingShot X(

Bill

I just sent a message to Polaris to see if they will provide instructions to do the inspections just until we can get it into a dealer.............

Bill

• My point was if you think it’s ok to be testing driverless cars (which we don’t need) on public highways full of innocent people, volunteer your street for their tests. I don’t want them on streets I have to drive on.

They just paid off the family and they are going back to the drawing board and it will be business as usual...who we gonna kill next?

This is only a test....some sacrifices wil have to be made in the name of progress...

So everyone is ok with this?

I’m never going to ride in one. I don’t want one behind me or in front of me.

Everything fails. Airplanes still fall down, titanics still sink, cars still crash. Mechanical parts fail. Electronics fail. Human drivers fail.