New seat recall

• mine is on the list, but I won't take it in until I need something that makes it worth the hour drive -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• one thing I will say about all of these recalls - - I havent heard about people getting injured by any of these things. It seems in the past when I hear about cars being recalled it often seems like they dont do the recall until they are forced to because people have been injured.

makes me wonder if these would even qualify as being worthy of recalls if it were Ford or GM

• one thing I will say about all of these recalls - - I havent heard about people getting injured by any of these things. It seems in the past when I hear about cars being recalled it often seems like they dont do the recall until they are forced to because people have been injured.

makes me wonder if these would even qualify as being worthy of recalls if it were Ford or GM

Since the beginning there have been scattered rumblings hinting at problems encountered with the seat belts in major accidents, I am speculating that some of this is due to those rumblings...............

Bill

• Since the beginning there have been scattered rumblings hinting at problems encountered with the seat belts in major accidents, I am speculating that some of this is due to those rumblings...............
    Bill

I had heard about seat belt issues, but I was under the impression it was because it was easier to be ejected because of the way the belt is backward from how it is in a car with it crossing over the inside shoulder to down low on the outside making it easier to slip out from under it toward the outside of the slingshot where as in a car it comes over the outside shoulder down toward the center of the car.

• It says there could be missing welds....so the frames could be weak if stressed in a crash....so now do you drive it? Or take them out and get them welded so you can ride it with peace of mind.....if you are involved in a crash and the frames fail....your lawsuit will go out the window...

If you have them welded they will claim they are not responsible. If you drive with them ....they will claim they aren’t responsible.

Now unless the dealer is going to take them out and weld them.....it’s going to be a long time for Polaris to mail out replacement frames....that means removing the seats and then removing the frames ...putting on the new ones and reinstall the seats....several hours...

• I had heard about seat belt issues, but I was under the impression it was because it was easier to be ejected because of the way the belt is backward from how it is in a car with it crossing over the inside shoulder to down low on the outside making it easier to slip out from under it toward the outside of the slingshot where as in a car it comes over the outside shoulder down toward the center of the car.

I thought the same thing and someone pointed out the fact that with the way they are now...your body will spin toward the center of the vehicle...makes sense to me..

Your inside strapped shoulder will stay put and your outside shoulder will want to swing in.

• I thought the same thing and someone pointed out the fact that with the way they are now...your body will spin toward the center of the vehicle...makes sense to me..
    Your inside strapped shoulder will stay put and your outside shoulder will want to swing in.

might be true in a direct impact to the front of the slingshot, but if you are hit from the side it could push the person on the side away from impact out from under the shoulder portion of the seat belt and potentially partially out of the slingshot where they would be more exposed to injury