Water temp?

• What temp should the engine have when fully warmed up? I get 155 to 165 when running 65-70 mph, only time it gets hot is when I'm idling around in parks and places where speed is held down. I know an engine that is not running at the proper temps has a tendency to sludge up the oil.

Also oil pressure is what I think is low 13-17 psi at idle when warm, 35-40 at speed.

LC

• The water temp numbers all sound normal. Some basic rules of thumb: 160F-190F is "normal" running temp, up to 212F (? somewhere right in this range) the fan comes on usually at idle or slow stop and go driving. Death occurs above 240F, which I doubt anyone will ever see as the fan works really good on bringing temps down.

Oil pressure numbers vary depending on where the gauge is placed. Most are plumbed in the back of the restricted head.
    Normal idle PSI from this placement when warm is 15-20psi and around 40psi at higher RPMs. Your post/feedback sounds very normal here too.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

Edited 2 times, last by TravAZ ().

• OP is taken off the galley that runs under the header on the right side. Water temp just seemed to low to me, maybe I been driving diesels to much.

Thanks guys for the posts. Just think it was kind of funny the thread sat for so long and only got answers after I poked the bear.

LC

• It is important to bump treads if you need the answer, or tag people. If the fall of the "dashboard" link/page, I would guess that a lot of people like me never see the thread.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D