Heat shield kit from Polaris

• The aluminum heat shield is on the muffler. The muffler's proximity (too close) to the passenger footwell is one of the primary sources of heat for the passenger's foot area.
    In the first picture, the airbox can be seen at the extreme right portion of the pic. Immediately below the airbox, you can see some black plastic cabling cover resting on an aluminum crossmember right in front of the engine. Just below that crossmember, you can see a dull black box-like piece that is the new heat deflector that deflects hot air from the radiator down under the engine instead of allowing it to flow back to the opening in front of where the Infotainment system goes. The air deflector comes factory-installed on the 2016.5+ models and, in Polaris' magnanimous approach to its customers, costs extra for those early purchasers who've been suffering thru the heat. Earlier models had only a thin piece of smooth aluminum shielding attached to the wall of the foot area. You can see it at the left side of the first picture and along what would be called a firewall on most vehicles in the second picture. I'm hesitant to call that piece of plastic a firewall on the Slingshot, though.

• Had the Heat Reduction kit installed Friday. I could tell as soon as I was about 10 miles away at a stop light. There was still a little heat, but nothing like it was. I can live with this. I recommend getting it. Charged me three hours of labor to put it on, well worth it. It looks like it would have taken me many hours to install.

• I just installed the DEI heat kit form Slingmods. This is the second kit I installed. Installed it on my '15 and now my 2016.5. I am sure the new radiator shroud will make a difference but I don't think it will a night and day difference. If you plan on changing the stock muffler this shield will not work with the majority of after-market exhaust out there.

• I just installed the DEI heat kit form Slingmods. This is the second kit I installed. Installed it on my '15 and now my 2016.5. I am sure the new radiator shroud will make a difference but I don't think it will a night and day difference. If you plan on changing the stock muffler this shield will not work with the majority of after-market exhaust out there.

Hahahaha, you said "tranny tunnel."

• Today I got the Polaris Heat Shield kit. After about 3 hours of disassembly of the right side and using some words that haven't been said since my military days I finally got the exhaust side on. I have decided to wait a few days before trying to put on the radiator shroud part. It will take that long to recuperate from the arthritis aches that I aggravated today. And so goes this episode of "As the Wheel Turns".

You know your getting old when your wife says "Honey lets run upstairs and make love" and your answer is " I can not do both"

• Today I got the Polaris Heat Shield kit. After about 3 hours of disassembly of the right side and using some words that haven't been said since my military days I finally got the exhaust side on. I have decided to wait a few days before trying to put on the radiator shroud part. It will take that long to recuperate from the arthritis aches that I aggravated today. And so goes this episode of "As the Wheel Turns".

Yep...rest up!! Installing the radiator shroud is a project all it's own!! I did the full install myself, and it's not super hard, just time consuming and you need to plan your moves ahead of time. I was able to install the shroud with out removing the radiator or disconnecting any radiator hoses. I used a floor jack to support the front sub frame, instead of removing it. Saved myself some extra work that way. It's quite the job and you won't want to do it twice ;(

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Yep...rest up!! Installing the radiator shroud is a project all it's own!! I did the full install myself, and it's not super hard, just time consuming and you need to plan your moves ahead of time. I was able to install the shroud with out removing the radiator or disconnecting any radiator hoses. I used a floor jack to support the front sub frame, instead of removing it. Saved myself some extra work that way. It's quite the job and you won't want to do it twice ;(

There's enough slack in the wires (if you remove the clips where they are tied down) to let the subframe drop down to the floor without having to disconnect a bunch of wires. Also, the hood comes off easy enough to not try and struggle with it in place.

• I saw this heat protection product "Xmat Sound Deadening" for $90.00 that comes with a total cover area of 34.8 sq ft. The video looks like it will provide some sound and heat protection. I am going to order and see if it cuts down the heat on the floor board and let you all know it it works. $90.00 investment.

http://www.eastwood.com/xmat-s…-ft.html?SRCCODE=1GKD3107

• @ Chad Warren - I have the 2nd gen mats from Cycle Springs which do help but I live is South Texas where the temps get pretty hot in the summer months. Going to add it to the passenger side and where the pedals are to see if it reduces the heat a bit.I think your recommendation of changing the exhaust is a good idea. My friend added the headers and exhaust combo and he said it cut down the heat in the cabin. Thanks.

• I cannot find this kit by polaris anyplace. Does someone have a link?

Cycle Springs has them in stock. Call Jimmy in Parts, 727-771-1211 if you want to order & install kit yourself. If you want your dealer to install it, have your dealer order it for you.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• I cannot find this kit by polaris anyplace. Does someone have a link?

Part # 2206370 Description, K-Heat Management ,MY 16 Price $84.99 from Dealer. They should be able to order the kit At your dealer in your area.

You know your getting old when your wife says "Honey lets run upstairs and make love" and your answer is " I can not do both"

• I finally got mine put on. Did it myself and it was no party. Glad I won't have to do it again. It might have been easier if I had someone to help with some of the heavier things like the hood and finding all the body bolts. Whew glad it's done.

• Just clip the zip ties that hold the wires in place so you can move them out of the way to drop the front subframe. Just remember to tie them back in place so they don't flop around and get pinched by something later on. The hood is pretty heavy so have some help to take it off and put it back on.