1 shock 3 shock

• i see everyone bashing Demon Speed Shop and their products. Do you have any actual proof their Turbo is a “disaster” like you say? Just because a vendor is not present on the forums does not mean their products should not be given a chance. They actually seem to have decent products at much more affordable (realistic) prices compared to the competitors absurd pricing on some products. If people don’t allow enough competition in the slingshot field we will never stop seeing over-inflated prices on aftermarket products.

I know of 2 engines blown from that kit. I also know of 3 people that traded them in before ever installing them for better kits. The big issue with the kit...No intercooler. That means a lot more engine heat. That means your engine is literally sucking in hot air which is never good. Add to that...no Fuel injectors included...not enough fuel + extremely hot air from the lack of intercooler = boom. Now for the trifecta... no tuning. Letting the factory PCM that is configured for non turbo application...try to adjust for an additional air pressure increase (hot air) and no adjustment for additional fuel (engine starvation) pretty much equates to paying $2k to blow up your engine.

I'll sum it up like this. Imagine if you get off your couch and decide to go to the middle of Death Valley on the hottest day and decide to run a marathon with out food or water. I don't think you would fair too well. That is what you are asking the engine to do with that kit.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I know of 2 engines blown from that kit. I also know of 3 people that traded them in before ever installing them for better kits. The big issue with the kit...No intercooler. That means a lot more engine heat. That means your engine is literally sucking in hot air which is never good. Add to that...no Fuel injectors included...not enough fuel + extremely hot air from the lack of intercooler = boom. Now for the trifecta... no tuning. Letting the factory PCM that is configured for non turbo application...try to adjust for an additional air pressure increase (hot air) and no adjustment for additional fuel (engine starvation) pretty much equates to paying $2k to blow up your engine.

I'll sum it up like this. Imagine if you get off your couch and decide to go to the middle of Death Valley on the hottest day and decide to run a marathon with out food or water. I don't think you would fair too well. That is what you are asking the engine to do with that kit.

Well I understand. They also state what they include and what they do not include with the kit on their ebay page and website. One would assume customers would do their homework and add whatever neccesary part + tune to an incomplete kit in order to be safe (which you never are anyway with a turbo setup). Thanks for that information though. I ordered some cheaper parts from them yesterday that i thought were fairly priced to give them a try and really want to see what their customer service is like.

• Well I understand. They also state what they include and what they do not include with the kit on their ebay page and website. One would assume customers would do their homework and add whatever neccesary part + tune to an incomplete kit in order to be safe (which you never are anyway with a turbo setup). Thanks for that information though. I ordered some cheaper parts from them yesterday that i thought were fairly priced to give them a try and really want to see what their customer service is like.

I actually think Demon Speed isn't terrible. They have been in the import market for a lot of years. Cold Air Intakes and stuff like that. I would just be leery when you see a turbo kit for $2K when others are pushing $4500. Makes one wonder where the corners are being cut.

• http://www.ddmworks.com/DDMWor…ris-Slingshot-_p_905.html comes with Intercooler, programming and even an exhaust. The only thing to add to this to make your install go easier would be add the oil pan option, so you don't have to tap it yourself.

His stage one doesn't need injectors.

• Well I understand. They also state what they include and what they do not include with the kit on their ebay page and website. One would assume customers would do their homework and add whatever neccesary part + tune to an incomplete kit in order to be safe (which you never are anyway with a turbo setup).

Are you trying to troll us or are you serious? the kit is not advertised as an incomplete kit, last I checked it was sold as stage 1 kit, which means that you have everything you need for it to work safely, instead you get a ticking time bomb.

If you are not trolling then I suggest to do some research on force induction and what has happened to the owners of that kit, to my knowledge there is not a single happy ending story.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I don't know anything about this company, but as a consumer, if I bought something, I'd expect it to work out of the box without any additional components (unless noted somewhere). Yeah, my recent activity shows that's not always the case, but that's another story.

If this company has had a history of turbo's causing issues, and after all of this time, it hasn't been corrected, that's a huge red flag in my book. I've been in the sling scene for about 9 months now researching and then buying, and hadn't heard of this group, so it sounds like something that happened a while back.

We have known good forced air kits available now that are reasonably priced. You get what you pay for, I wouldn't want to go cheap on something that could harm your engine if done incorrectly.

just my $0.02 worth

• Are you trying to troll us or are you serious? the kit is not advertised as an incomplete kit, last I checked it was sold as stage 1 kit, which means that you have everything you need for it to work safely, instead you get a ticking time bomb.

If you are not trolling then I suggest to do some research on force induction and what has happened to the owners of that kit, to my knowledge there is not a single happy ending story.

I’m not trolling anyone buddy. On their Ebay page they explicitly state there is no intercooler included in the kit and no tune included as well. Like I said, anyone buying a Turbo kit ( for any car) should be aware of what is needed and what is not included in whatever kit they are buying. Now i only came onto the slingshot forums about 2 months ago and honestly all i want is to learn about every company out there making products for the sling, whether they are here in the forum as vendors or not.

• also, they don't just offer a turbo kit. They have other products such as splitters, steering wheel hubs + adapters, lighting etc. There’s a couple of other companies i have discovered that are not even mentioned here in the forums.

• also, they don't just offer a turbo kit. They have other products such as splitters, steering wheel hubs + adapters, lighting etc. There’s a couple of other companies i have discovered that are not even mentioned here in the forums.

Saying that it doesn't include XYZ is different from saying it is an incomplete kit that will kill your engine if used as sold, it is common sense that when you buy something and it doesn't say in BOLD big letters that you have to buy other things to make it work, then it should safely work with just the contents of the kit sold.

Their hub adapters are cheap chinese versions that rust and break, their steering wheel adapter fade right away and have no strength (bend easily) which is a safety hazard, plenty of pictures were posted on TDS so unless they deleted the threads(they do that) it should be just a search away.

All these issues have been discussed ad nauseam 3+ years ago yet you are coming in hot and arguing without doing your due diligence and trying to make it seem like we are bulling them for no reason.

To me it sounds that you have a dog on this fight or have no idea what you are talking about and unfortunately you are not as amusing as bigdog so this is my last reply.

Good luck with your purchases from DSS.

• Yea i have no clue who bigdog or what you are talking about “coming in hot”. Obviously there are more and more new members signing up to the forum every month and not everyone has had the “luck” to be here for years and know everything about all these companies. Also, the search function works sometimes but other times it is simply useless. You have been rather hostile towards me since your first reply, perhaps you misinterpreted my post regarding DSS or you are simply on your cycle? Who knows.

• Thanks for the information. I am definitely doing all the research I can before i pull the trigger. Sounds like after all DSS is not the best company to go with.

• Price is always the first ting we look at, but you also have to consider customer service. I have never heard of this DSS, but I know if I buy a part from DDM or ZZP, they are a phone call away if I have questions or need support. Dave has the tech support phone with him constantly, you can call or text him anytime during an install or if you need help with a product. I'm sure ZZP has something similar.

• Price is always the first ting we look at, but you also have to consider customer service. I have never heard of this DSS, but I know if I buy a part from DDM or ZZP, they are a phone call away if I have questions or need support. Dave has the tech support phone with him constantly, you can call or text him anytime during an install or if you need help with a product. I'm sure ZZP has something similar.

I have someone offering a superb deal on a stage 2 turbo with full kit. I am very tempted since Hahn guys are 3 hours away from me in Florida and i could have them install for me... 🤫👀

• I know quite a few on here have the Hahn setup, I'd talk to them before going that way, if it were me. Seems a lot of them have minor issues.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Were you here or did you hear about their last group buy fiasco?

Or the fact that they deleted the threads with all the negative feedback, so new members wouldn't know, sometimes cheaper is not always better but I have heard they are really good when dealing in person since they can't hide behind a screen .

They offer quality product but it has always been the case that getting them to deliver on any reasonable amount of time is near impossible.

That has been their track record in the past, haven't dealt with them since the fiasco so don't know what they are like these days.

DDM and ZZP have never let anyone down and are always a phone,text or pm away.

Kyle's service at ZZP is spectacular!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Some people just know more than other's and do not listen too well?(

• Were you here or did you hear about their last group buy fiasco?

Or the fact that they deleted the threads with all the negative feedback, so new members wouldn't know, sometimes cheaper is not always better but I have heard they are really good when dealing in person since they can't hide behind a screen .

No, I wasn't here, just read about it. I also read that when you need support, it can be hard to get hold of them at times, and then others very responsive. I know they are not active here or TDS, are they on facebook?

For such a small market as Slingshots are, I would be active at least somewhere in the community.

• I have someone offering a superb deal on a stage 2 turbo with full kit. I am very tempted since Hahn guys are 3 hours away from me in Florida and i could have them install for me... 🤫👀

I have a Hahn stage 2. If you can get it for a great deal, jump all over it. I know a few people have had issues with Hahn, but Bill has always been quick to assist me and help out when needed.

• No, I wasn't here, just read about it. I also read that when you need support, it can be hard to get hold of them at times, and then others very responsive. I know they are not active here or TDS, are they on facebook?

For such a small market as Slingshots are, I would be active at least somewhere in the community.

Lets just say after witnessing that group buy, they could offer a 50% discount and i would pass, I don't like to "spit in the air because it always lands back on you" but I wouldn't buy from Hahn after that group buy and how they handled it and they have the balls to "clean the thread" to prevent new customers from being discouraged from an "isolated" incident that happened under the "old management(Hahn himself)".

To me a person's worth is only as high as his ability to keep his word, as I said before mistakes happen and every vendor will have issues here and there but running away, ducking calls, ignoring request for updates and not owning up to one's mistake are the wrong way to run a business, instead being open about their mistake and keeping their customers informed specially when you just collected close to 50k on a group buy is a bare minimum.

As they say fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.