1 shock 3 shock

• I run my tire pressures before going out and with a GOOD dial tire pressure gauge, 26psi in the front running Sumitomo's 205/50 and 28psi in the rear 265/35. Handling with the different tires was a step up, not a jump. It's just mostly the rear end hop and ruff ride I'm trying to mellow out. The new shock will be here next week, I'll take pic's and let y'all know how it goes. As I stated I would like to have gotten the GT's but $$$$ as well as wondering just how much difference just the rear shock makes.

• Pretty sure A Welter. My Alpha side blew up two weeks after install. The replacement was already rewelded it blew up I have had to patch it a few more times don’t think I can do anymore patching. I have a DDm supercharger so the Welter for mine is costly but from what I can tell worth the price. Hopefully mine can last long enough for me to save up for the Welter. If not I will have to buy something cheaper to keep riding. Almost had the money but then my furnace went out.

• Yes please let me know I’m saving my pennies for exhaust but rear shock will be next after that.So looking forward to your feedback.

I put on new shocks all the way around last fall.. 38,000 miles on the slingshot at that time. My wife noticed the nicer ride more than I did. I still run with the OEM seats for the 2016.

• Pretty sure A Welter. My Alpha side blew up two weeks after install. The replacement was already rewelded it blew up I have had to patch it a few more times don’t think I can do anymore patching. I have a DDm supercharger so the Welter for mine is costly but from what I can tell worth the price. Hopefully mine can last long enough for me to save up for the Welter. If not I will have to buy something cheaper to keep riding. Almost had the money but then my furnace went out.

$ to money.gif $ to money.gifGeorgia wanted a new kitchen and than the IRS pulled an audit for 2015 & 2016 --- I'm going to have a hard time paying attention for a while....

• Put the new DDMW rear only shock in last night. The main difference is the stock shock is over sprung and under damped. Hence the "pogo stick effect" Try and push down the rear or your SS with stock C.O. Good luck, couldn't get mine to budge. With the new DDM I can get 2+" of travel without too much effort. Installation was a breeze. I recommend you remove the rear wall of the SS to gain access to the upper mount. To hold in the upper tubie thingies during install, I put a dab of Polident on each one. Did not adjust either of the damping regulators yet. factory setting which I presume are 50/50. Only did a trip around the neighborhood visiting a few of the 2" deep manhole covers that the DOT put in the middle for us SS drivers enjoyment. Much better period. Normal road surface travel is smooth. The rear wheel traction is better at launch so I figure I'll save on rear rubber. I'll play with the damping later on to see the effects. So far, Yup, worth the $400.

• @tguy543, Easter eggs are a small SS pic that shows up occasionally at different places on the screen. You have to touch/click on it and it adds to your total. My wife has the highest number. Don’t know how she gets so many. She says she isn’t competitive but I know otherwise. :D

• I would avoid the Demon Speed Shop like the plague if I was you, their turbo is a disaster waiting to happen, their steering wheel are cheap chinese wheel that can be bough on ebay for 1/2 the price and bend like wet noodles, they have no presence on the forums that I know of, which means that if and when you have an issue you would be shit out of luck.

If you are interested in shocks and have to crunch your pennies then just get DDM new set of coilovers but if you can afford an extra hundo get the JRI GT from DDM(what i personally use and highly recommend for a non track fiend)

i see everyone bashing Demon Speed Shop and their products. Do you have any actual proof their Turbo is a “disaster” like you say? Just because a vendor is not present on the forums does not mean their products should not be given a chance. They actually seem to have decent products at much more affordable (realistic) prices compared to the competitors absurd pricing on some products. If people don’t allow enough competition in the slingshot field we will never stop seeing over-inflated prices on aftermarket products.

• i see everyone bashing Demon Speed Shop and their products. Do you have any actual proof their Turbo is a “disaster” like you say? Just because a vendor is not present on the forums does not mean their products should not be given a chance. They actually seem to have decent products at much more affordable (realistic) prices compared to the competitors absurd pricing on some products. If people don’t allow enough competition in the slingshot field we will never stop seeing over-inflated prices on aftermarket products.

Do you understand how a turbo setup should work?

As far as proof..... how about the first people who bought the kit blew their engine and those that did not blow their engine had to quickly modify it making the kits more expensive than one of the " overpriced" kits with no room to grow.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.