My new toy... :)

• Just took delivery of a 2016 Volt with Bose sound system this morning. Very impressed with this car vs my 2012 Prius, which I hated after 2 months of owning.

Already got a turbo kit ordered for it, Alpha is shipping it in 2 weeks... Oh wait ! :D

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• Tesla looks nice, a bit expensive, but its the price of leading technology.

My only gripe with full electric cars is the range and recharge time make them impracticle in some situations. Having to charge 8H for 200-250 miles can be a problem if you need to cover more than that on occasion, which is my case.

For my daily usage, I will be almost using 100% only electric, and for the times you need to ride farther away and come back in less than 3 days, the Volt has got me covered.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• I think that is why Chevy is really going to be lost unless they can adapt Tesla's supercharging network in to their Battery tech. With Tesla you can do a 70-80% charge in under 25 min. That would get you close to 200 miles in the currently tesla S and maybe 150 miles in the new 3 when it gets built. I only have a 32 mile work commute and actually have charging stations that are free at work so it works out great for me. I know it doesn't fit everyone but it's a great solution for those that only do city driving.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Your lucky, snd you are right about the Tesla technology. All cars makers are going to get there in time I am sure. For the moment, I think chevy has got a solid car with the Volt, considering that the charging network is not up to par in most cities.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• Looks nice. Good Luck with It. This cheap gas issue has thrown a wrench into the electric car development process. How much does it cost to fully charge a car to gob200 miles? Also until the electric generation process gets clean, we are just swapping who's doing the pollutin, cars or power companies. But we have to start somewhere. I've always been a fan of the hydrogen cars that use a system based on water and sunlight in re-fuel for little or no money. They take water and a process using electric from sunlight to split the oxygen and hydrogen from the water, keeping the hydrogen and releasing the oxygen. Seems like a good solution...

• I'm in the process of designing an electric vehicle myself. So far the drawback seems to be the enormous costs involved. Preliminary retail figures don't look promising at all. I can't seem to find a way to get the retail price below $75,000. It breaks down as being $25,000 for the car and $50,000 for the extension cords.

extensioncords.jpg

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Looks nice. Good Luck with It. This cheap gas issue has thrown a wrench into the electric car development process. How much does it cost to fully charge a car to gob200 miles? Also until the electric generation process gets clean, we are just swapping who's doing the pollutin, cars or power companies. But we have to start somewhere. I've always been a fan of the hydrogen cars that use a system based on water and sunlight in re-fuel for little or no money. They take water and a process using electric from sunlight to split the oxygen and hydrogen from the water, keeping the hydrogen and releasing the oxygen. Seems like a good solution...

Here is Quebec, Canada, our electricity is generated by hydro electric dams. Its a pretty clean way to produce it.

Of course if you live in a place where is produced by coal, its hard to validate the environement side of it.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• @iNewton
    Here in Alberta electricity is created by wind and coal. Most people are unaware that Canada has a process of treating the coal so that it produces the cleanest and most efficient burn than of any other coal burning country. I still get a kick out of people here with electric cars who state that they do not produce or create any emissions because of their electric car. I always ask them "when you plug it in for a charge where do you think that power is coming from the sun?" I like the idea of the fuel cell but I don't like the fact that your sitting on a small atomic bomb....slight exaggeration but you get my point.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!