My subwoofer install,,,How to have super low, super deep real bass....

• I always keep some things to myself just to have a little competitive edge. But tonight you will see how I make low low loud bass.. This mod isn't for everyone. But if your REAL adventurous this is how you do it...

First your going to need to take out a whole lot of stuff.....1. Seats 2. Rear splash panel 3. Top deck, side plastic 4. Roll hoops and roll hoop plastic 5. Storage doors 6. Plastic panel behind seats. 7. Both storage pods.

The main thing is you have to remove both storage containers and seal them. Use a 3/8 sheets of plywood to seal the whole front of each side. Use a rubber gasket between the wood and the plastic lip. Use metal clips and stainless screws. Drill access holes for the factory screws to pass through. Then install subs if choice. Then put front plastic back across the whole rear section. The 3/8 plywood won't hold the plastic off enough to notice.

Here are the pics that show enough info to give you the details on how it's done.

• Yep,, Its a lot of work to make deep bass. You can install containers inside the pods. That works fine. But some have asked how I did mine... Well here is your look inside my storage boxes..... :D

One thing I forgot to add. Add some poly-fill inside the containers before you seal them up ... I use pillows and cut them open and then tie them into the containers so they wont move around. I use pillows so they will keep the poly-fill in one place. It will make the bass even deeper.

Basically if you look at the first post you are essentially building two sealed speaker boxes. They inside space (air volume) of each box is almost perfect for a 12" sub.

• Very nice write up! Definitely an improvement and cost effective method to install subwoofers over the aftermarket offerings. I'd thought about doing the same front fascia but was unsure if it would cause any protrusion of the plastics once installed. Seeing how flat your use of the 3/8 sheets of plywood left a clean installation is awesome! I've always worked with MDF with custom sealed enclosures but always spent countless hours trying to get finished edges which drove me crazy..to the point where I left box building alone completely lol Those JBL's are monsters and will do every bit of the factory specs and more, which makes me think about the air space you'll be encountering for a sealed enclosure. I'm sure you've done the math seeing every project that you've done. That's one system that I'm looking forward to hearing in person one day. You may have to think about bracing those subs if you decide to really push them LOL I'll be waiting for part 2! Thanks for sharing.

• Has anyone actually measured or calculated how much volume (cubic feet) there is in the drivers side storage cubby? I’m looking into subs now for mine.

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• Yep,, Its a lot of work to make deep bass. You can install containers inside the pods. That works fine. But some have asked how I did mine... Well here is your look inside my storage boxes..... :D

One thing I forgot to add. Add some poly-fill inside the containers before you seal them up ... I use pillows and cut them open and then tie them into the containers so they wont move around. I use pillows so they will keep the poly-fill in one place. It will make the bass even deeper.

Basically if you look at the first post you are essentially building two sealed speaker boxes. They inside space (air volume) of each box is almost perfect for a 12" sub.

If I ever have a kidney stone that I need pulverized, I'll ask you to take me for a ride... lol 🤟

I bet they sound (feel) great!

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"