The New Front Fenders from @Stickerdick

• Took a few hours on Sunday to work on mines, looks really good. I had a few issues I had to work around but in the end... PRICELESS!!

I have forwarded notes to Mark just in case someone else has the same setup. Because I have the 10.5" wide wheels up front and the Air Ride suspension, I had to really measure and adjust for three different ride and stance heights. When I want to place SHOT on the ground I did not want the fender to touch the hood. SO my work around was several combinations; Mount the brackets on the outside, and position them so it does not touch the A arms when turning hard and use longer spacers (2")(Steel chrome heavy ass spacers). Results; a very tight looking fender yet clears everything. NOW to finish them off. ONE HAPPY CAMPER!! Thanks again @StickerDick

Pictures?! 8o

• Based on what @FunCycle had brought up early on about making sure he could radius the corners of the fenders easier, I have a decal "stencil" about finished, will test fit a couple more times and then I'll send these out to those of you who have not started yet and hopefully these will be helpful.

• I thought about doing something like this,... then I said to myself,... slow down bud,.. you're no Jessie James :/:rolleyes::00008359:

I wanted to glass in the same mesh I have on my hood behind the cutouts, and keep the mesh black with a white fender. Someday when I have the skills :00008356:

• Lord willing I hope to be in the Beta Group :thumbsup:

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Thank you everybody! I just boxed up the last of the "alpha" group of fenders and they will ship in the morning for Ashland Kentucky. I still have to finish the first set of fully prepped fenders for one of my Facebook customers that did not want to do anything but bolt on a finished set of fenders... so he is still about another week out after you guys discovered the "banjo" bolt fiasco! Plus I have to wait on the paint booth guy. But, I will have that issue addressed very, very soon.

So.... the "Beta" group begins. We will be taking orders next week for those fenders, they will incorporate all of the improvements that the guys here have come up with, and if they are ordered through this forum, I will keep the price the same at $750.00 + shipping, but all other orders will be for the corrected price of $799.00 + shipping to help cover the cost of the retooling, added spacers and rubber isolators and such. But I plan on looking out for the guys, and gals, who have been with us from the beginning and helped me get these puppies right.

The first set of Carbon fiber Fenders should be out within the next 10 days as well. I plan on being the first customer for those, then I know there might be another one or two that will want those.... I do look forward to seeing what @SaltyClownNY comes up with on his CF set.

I am in the process of getting the "hood" issue fixed as well on my honda, we started the mocking up process last night for the "new" hood scoop. If I had not cut up my "mega" hood scoop, UI could have just bolted it back on, but alias, I went rouge and thought I could create a masterpiece out of my sawzall mis-adventures, but not gonna happen! So, a new hood scoop will be coming out before Vegas I hope.... and yes, I said Vegas. It looks like the "Two" Honda Powered slingshots and my favorite Slingshot test Buddy, JH will be headed to Vegas to show some love to the West coast group out there in Nevada and especially Ma Elena & Antwaun Smith!

• I just finished the final cutting and sanding. I also cut out a half circle 1 1/2 inch to clear the electrical pick-up wire on top of the A-Arms. Better safe than sorry. Now when it quits raining and warms up I will paint. Also, I can take the stock SL tire and wheel off without removing the fender. I did check to see if the fender would be centered on the tire if the fender was mounted with the brackets on the outside. The answer is no, so I will be mounting the fender with the brackets on the inside of the fender. Now if you have wider than stock tires you may have to do this.

• OK gang, I added 4 washers (.39 of an inch) to the one inch spacer and moved the brackets to the outside of the fender and now the fender is just about center of the tire. Paint is all that is left.

Gearld, is my front tires (factory 2018 SLR LE) the same size as yours?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Gearld, is my front tires (factory 2018 SLR LE) the same size as yours?

That I do not know. But the fenders are 12 inch wide on the outside and the fiberglass is 1/4 inch thick. I am still running the stock 2015 SL rims. I do not even remember the tire size off the top of my head. Had to go look 225-45-18 A 10 to 10 1/2 inch wide tire will fit

• "That I do not know. But the fenders are 12 inch wide on the outside and the fiberglass is 1/4 inch thick. I am still running the stock 2015 SL rims. I do not even remember the tire size off the top of my head. Had to go look 225-45-18 A 10 to 10 1/2 inch wide tire will fit"

Looking at their site, below is what they say is on it. I am still interested in the fenders as I hate the two parachutes that are on there now.

Front Tire Size
    225 / 45R18
    Front Tire Type
    Kenda SS-799
    Front Wheel Size
    18x7.5 J

I know wind tunnel time is extremely expensive and I recognize the fact that the SS wasn't ever meant to be aerodynamic but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, with the right crew and accessories on hand a couple hours of wind tunnel time could help thousands of owners make better decisions on what modifications to do and what accessories to add or NOT! It's not all about speed or fuel mileage. jes my o2

If it were well planned the right crew could go there with all the items that they wanted to test and change and add items in a predetermined order. I bet we would be surprised at some of the results. Where in the U.S. are there wind tunnels located? Who owns them? Who in our group has the connections to obtain cost information? I'd definitely throw some money at it just to satisfy my curiosity.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I have no inside knowledge about this, but my gut tells me that Polaris knew exactly what they were doing with the drag numbers. they easily could have made this a 160 mph beast with minor inexpensive body changes. But to help get it approved, showing how this thing basically had two parachutes deployed at all times sure didn't hurt that process.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE