The New Front Fenders from @Stickerdick

• Wind tunnel testing is very helpful but unless set up with all the load sensors it will get you really nothing more than air flow dynamics. Meaning it want tell you if that really great product that allows better air flow over 90 causes other unwanted effects at 95. It's a tricky thing that has to be done in real world testing as well. I might have a design for a slicker front wing - splash guard delete that causes the rear to get lighter and then you really could have handling issues.
    Or the opposite might happen where you generate rear down force only to have the front become lighter at higher speeds.

Side note, during the last track day I had several great laps that produced a consistent top speed heading down to turn one. I then had a little off track drive that forced the complete removal of my front splitter design. After that my top speed was down by 2-3mph at the same spot. Logic would say there was something to the design but without hard data how do you make the claim?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• My guys and I are working on a aerodynamic add on for the front end as we speak that is not wind tunnel tested, but has been designed by the aerodynamicist from University of Florida engineering school. It is a computer model based design and it is for race purposes only as it will not allow the hood to open without removing the add-on piece first. So not really street friendly, but with the events I'm going to in the next year, it will be helpful to have. I think it will be interesting to see how it works out. We are also still in the middle of the rear section design to clean that mess up... so stay tuned.

• I have no inside knowledge about this, but my gut tells me that Polaris knew exactly what they were doing with the drag numbers. they easily could have made this a 160 mph beast with minor inexpensive body changes. But to help get it approved, showing how this thing basically had two parachutes deployed at all times sure didn't hurt that process.

You very well could be correct but there are other aspects to the way the air flows over, around, and through this machine that affect much more than the speed. While I would not mind improving the over all aerodynamics (drag) of the machine I would like to see how certain mods and accessories affect the air that flows in and through the cockpit, engine bay, around the sides and at the rear. Inquiring minds want to know!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I have no inside knowledge about this, but my gut tells me that Polaris knew exactly what they were doing with the drag numbers. they easily could have made this a 160 mph beast with minor inexpensive body changes. But to help get it approved, showing how this thing basically had two parachutes deployed at all times sure didn't hurt that process.

Try one of these:
    List of wind tunnels - Wikipedia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• My guys and I are working on a aerodynamic add on for the front end as we speak that is not wind tunnel tested, but has been designed by the aerodynamicist from University of Florida engineering school. It is a computer model based design and it is for race purposes only as it will not allow the hood to open without removing the add-on piece first. So not really street friendly, but with the events I'm going to in the next year, it will be helpful to have. I think it will be interesting to see how it works out. We are also still in the middle of the rear section design to clean that mess up... so stay tuned.

This is exciting stuff SB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• believe it or not I thought about cutting the bottom of mine the same as the rear. Even though I haven't drilled the swing arm yet. I'm chicke sh** to tap the swing arm and do it wrong! ;(

I just measured for this, but the fender needs to be for a 20 inch tire and rim. The width is wide enough for the stock 255-35-20