The New Front Fenders from @Stickerdick

• I apologize for not getting the directions out as quickly as I had promised... to be honest, they were overly complicated in my effort to be as thorough as possible in explaining how to mount them... I will post a much more precise and easier to understand set today. I will also be sending out a retro-fit rubber / silicone isolator shim kit to all of you who have purchased a set of fenders so far. After doing the slingshotonly.com tent sale ride this past weekend and driving the slingshot at speed for over 150 miles, I did discover a slight squeaking sound over the more severe road hazards that was irritating at best. So, based on some input from customer #7, @Neosolidus, I will be sending out those today. I am finishing up the video today as well and will get it posted tonight. Here is a link to the one practice run we did do in Sarasota that shows the fenders will work at speeds 130+ mph.

this is a rear view of the run, I am posting the front view now. everything fun happens in the first 4 minutes. the two red slings were running 90mph when ! passed them

• OK.. Here is the starting instructions for the fenders: What you should receive in the box is as follows
    The Hardware:
    8@ 1/4"x1.25" SS Button Head Bolts with locking nuts and 8 to 16 5/16" Flat SS washers to use as shims or washers depending on size and backspacing of tires. (in my case because I run 19" rims and wider tires with custom BS, I had to use them as shims.

4@ 2.5" x 3/8" grade #8 bolts with locking nuts with 4@ 3/8" flat washers for bracket armas to be used as washers or additional spacers... again depending on bBS of wheels and tires

4@ M12 x 100mm Grade 8 bolts as direct replacements for your existing 2 rear hub mount bolts. They mount the the main body of the bracket to the hub.

4@ 1.25"x1" round billet stock aluminum spacers anodized satin black to mount the main base of the triangle off of the hub to clear brake lines and shocks & sensor lines

4@ 1"x1" round billet stock aluminum spacers for mounting the bracket fender arms onto the main base and give you multiple adjustment points for mounting your fenders (patent pending).

2@9"x1"x1/2" fender brace arms upper and 2@ 6.78"x1"x1/2" fender brace arms lower all satin black billet aluminum.

2@ triangle hub base bracket curved side goes towards mounting holes, to be explained.

1 marking pencil

*** i will be reto-fitting nylon or neoprene washers/spacers to the already shipped fender kits and any future orders will have these already in the kit from now on. After our 150 mile ride around Sarasota this weekend, I found that as expressed by a customer, there was a need for some sort of cushioning between the fiberglas and the metal to keep them from rubbing and causing damage or just annoying "squeaking" when going over very rough roads or RxR crossings.

• Tools needed as I found from installing my fenders:

2@36"x1" heater hose or comparable hoses and 1@4'x1" hose. these will be used to give you a close but functional gap between the fender inside and the tire.

masking or duct tape for mounting the tubing to the tire and for marking the fender for cutting.

4mm allen wrench for the button head bolts and a 7/16" socket or wrench for the locking nuts that go with these bolts.

16mm socket or wrench to remove the 2 factory mounting bolts on the rear of the hub, there are four there.

19mm socket or wrench to mount the new m12 bolts and the base of the bracket

2@ 9/16" wrenches and or sockets for the 3/8" bolts and nuts

an impact wrench will make things go much smoother, but whatever you have will work I'm sure.

an angle driver with a cutoff wheel will be the cleanest way to trim / shape the fenders and will work quickly.

an extra friend or two to help / harass / hinder and/or guide you through this mod!

we will post pictures and videos next.

• What you should receive in the box is as follows
    The Hardware:
    8@ 1/4"x1.25" SS Button Head Bolts with locking nuts and 8 to 16 5/16" Flat SS washers to use as shims or washers depending on size and backspacing of tires. (in my case because I run 19" rims and wider tires with custom BS, I had to use them as shims.

4@ 2.5" x 3/8" grade #8 bolts with locking nuts with 4@ 3/8" flat washers for bracket armas to be used as washers or additional spacers... again depending on bBS of wheels and tires

4@ M12 x 100mm Grade 8 bolts as direct replacements for your existing 2 rear hub mount bolts. They mount the the main body of the bracket to the hub.

did not receive any hardware listed above, It's OK, I should be able to get that stuff at the local hardware store

• When do you think u will have the carbon version ready? This is what I am holding out for

I'm going to introduce the CF set with the 2nd run which I will be taking orders for those in April. We are going to a larger fender to fit those folks who are running a larger 22" rim and tire, I think the weight of the fiberglass gets to be too much once you go to that size. We are setting up a new mold now for that... it will be 4 to six weeks for the CF fenders from time of order.