SubWoofer DIY ???

• Does anybody have a diy on subwoofer install? I have seen a few pictures where some have there woofer installed into the compartment door. any help would be grateful. also I have two fosgate amps that are not marine grade, were are people placing there amps at? Just trying to save a few pennies since i have a woofer and amps.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• i have been looking as well. I am going to install all MB Quart components and amps and a RF sub. I am building a ported enclosure as well as amp rack behind driver seat. I am going to glass and paint it along with trim bezels. I will post once completed.

• Does anybody have a diy on subwoofer install? I have seen a few pictures where some have there woofer installed into the compartment door. any help would be grateful. also I have two fosgate amps that are not marine grade, were are people placing there amps at? Just trying to save a few pennies since i have a woofer and amps.

Hi Trooper, Depending on the size of your amplifiers - There is a good amount of room under the seats. I have both of my amplifiers under the driver seat. Running most of the wires on the drivers side seat was fine and convenient since the battery is on the same side.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Most mount the amps under the seats, just raise them some off the floor with spacers so that they do not sit in water. If you can raine then 1/4 inch or more you should be GTG,......make sure you keep the wiring a little elevated as well. Some mounted their amps in the storage compartment, and that worked well. Only issue is that the amps use space in the compartment, and the compartments are size constrained already (woofers like air volume). Probably the slickest install of the amps, but a little more complicated, was in the back area under the fin. That came out REALLY nice, and once you put the lower panel back on no even obvious it is there.

For the woofer, the easiest is to get an SSV sub enclosure or similar. Highest cost, but then bolt in after a little panel removal etc. You can use the doors, but you need to stiffen them with something like MDF board. You also need to seal the enclosure (door) for best bass response. Ideally, you would need to coat the entire enclosure with dynamite or similar as well.

• I have a question for anyone that installed a sub under the dash...not the one you eat! Does it do the job? Is it worth it? Or do I have to take up space behind the seats?

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.

• I have a question for anyone that installed a sub under the dash...not the one you eat! Does it do the job? Is it worth it? Or do I have to take up space behind the seats?

@Lui - see the thread below - I shared my install experience in that thread.

I haven’t had a 10” or 12” sub woofer in a car or Sling so can’t really compare.

I am more than satisfied with the 2 6.5” subs under the dash. I can see the side view mirrors vibrating to the bass. More than enough for me.

Alternative Subwoofer Enclosure Location for the Polaris Slingshot!!

• make my own box. put in front passenger well. 10 jl slim. 3 amps. mono. 8 channel and 5 channel. all jl. sounds awesome clean no vibration. speakers are a combo of focal and hertz also the hertz compression tweeters which bring out the highs.

• John, both of my JL Powersports amps are located inside the dash. They are pretty small though. Suncoast sound pretty much removed my passenger storage door and built a box that would fit inside with an outer lip to mount it.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• make my own box. put in front passenger well. 10 jl slim. 3 amps. mono. 8 channel and 5 channel. all jl. sounds awesome clean no vibration. speakers are a combo of focal and hertz also the hertz compression tweeters which bring out the highs.

Been investigating a DIY sub-woofer setup using a piece of 6" diameter PVC pipe and some 6.5" sub-woofers.
    Would like to see pics and dimension measurements of your sub-box.

Edited once, last by BKL ().