Show me your day

• Yesterday my Sling Shot brother av8ingtom , who is down here in Coonass land visiting his daughter and family met for lunch. He comes down about twice a year so we try to get together at a Cajun restaurant that is about in the middle.

When he got out of his truck he had a big brown bag in his hand and as he got closer I could read the name on the bag. It was a Jersey Mike’s bag. My all time favorite sandwich shop. The closest Jersey Mike’s is about 2 and a half hours away from where I live. I said wow let’s put it in the car and I will eat it for supper. He said he had called ahead and talked to the manager and was told it was okay to bring it in. When my wife and Tom got their food I opened the bag and there it was.... manna from heaven....... “The Big Kahuna “ Philly cheesesteak, double meat and double cheese. I could only eat half. Gonna have the other half for breakfast.

A very heart felt and stomach felt thank you Tom for making it a GREAT day!

Rob

As you can tell I have not been on the forum lately. So great to see you and Luann again. Glad you enjoyed the Jersey Mike’s sub.

• Working on my exhaust last night and broke a bolt trying to remove a clamp

mOjPXkq.jpg

Course, no one has this in stock, but will have it today. Was supposed to take the sling into a muffler shop to get some custom pipes made to route around my trakhamr frame, had to postpone that until tomorrow.

First place I visited yesterday couldn't do it they said, their pipe machine won't make those types of bends they tell me. I'm not asking for 90's, but I'm not an expert on it either, just showed them which route I wanted it to go and they said nope.

2nd place (only other place here in this small town) said they weren't sure, but they'd try.

• Had a different kind of track day. 10 miles of peddling kicked my ass. Purdy scenery though.

very cool - my adopted brother lives in Oregon City so I showed him this - I think it is something he might like to do when his kids visit

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• First place I visited yesterday couldn't do it they said, their pipe machine won't make those types of bends they tell me. I'm not asking for 90's, but I'm not an expert on it either, just showed them which route I wanted it to go and they said nope.

2nd place (only other place here in this small town) said they weren't sure, but they'd try.

I'm sure you have some place that can do this without issue. Years ago (likely nearly 18 years as I recall) my then supervisor (and good friend) had a 1970 Chevelle SS that he bought new originally. He ordered it (because his wife wanted White interior with a bench seat as they were expecting their first born) in red with black SS stripes, 396 with a 4 speed, white interior with a bench seat. He drove it for the first year he had it, then used it only in nice weather as they got a daily driver for other days. He hadn't had it out for a few years (this was around 2000) but when I built a 1967 GTO clone (no badges, just all the good stuff, still had Tempest lights and such) he got the bug. He had the engine rebuilt from the standard 396 to a mid 500 horsepower pavement pounder. Now, mind you... this was all naturally asperated and carbureted to boot. He needed a 3 1/2 inch exhaust thru 2 chamber Flowmasters to make it breath right. The shop he went to bent the pipe above the axle and also "flattened" it. Basically it was still the same 3 1/2 inch, but was oval shaped and then arched over the axle. It did not impede the flow, and the sound was awesome!

All that and 6-9 MPG depending on driving styles (on 105 race gas)…… and yes... he still has it with (last I knew) near 70K actual other than the changes. I asked him about whether he'd sell it for the right price..... he said that will be something to ask the estate directors. Until then, No.

Sorry for the long post.... just hoped to share a backstory that I thought was along the same issues.

• my day?

Been cutting concrete pavers :P

i-gcpCPrC-X2.jpg

i-wNswZQ9-X2.jpg

i-8XQGRpD-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies