Show me your day

• only 103 today so we took advantage of the cool weather and have been out in the yard doing some planting

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Met up with some others this weekend in Niagara Falls for a fun ride. Hodge , Chowder , Lui and a few others that I am not sure if they are on here. Had a great dinner over looking the falls and in the morning had a beautiful ride around the countryside. Was joined by two slings from the US side and ended the day at the Wayne Gretzky winery. Excellent weather and fun times had by all

• Our day...got up at 5 AM. Got ourselves and the house ready. Closed all windows, shut off AC, shut off all the fans, covered all the foods and dishes, locked the dog in the back yard then set off the big bombs. That time of year, again.

Went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel now sitting on the back porch, waiting until 10 to open up the house and ventilate.

It is a necessary evil around here. Gets the ants and other undesirables out of the house. It’s cheaper to do it myself than to hire some stranger to come around periodically and poison my living environment. I’d rather do it myself, then I know the poison and dosage. 😉

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• It is a necessary evil around here. Gets the ants and other undesirables out of the house.

I guess that's a plus for living in northern Maine, NOTHING survives the -10 temp in January or the 12 feet of snow per season.

well, except for the carpenter ants and carpenter wasps. I had to spray the outside of my log house spring and fall every year. I have a post and beam house now and no spraying is necessary

• might have to try this when the weather cools down. right now we have a "bug guy" but not really happy and not sure we get our moneys worth. Was thinking about just spraying myself, but a bug bomb might be interesting - what kind do you use? - and how long are you out of the house?

• I guess that's a plus for living in northern Maine, NOTHING survives the -10 temp in January or the 12 feet of snow per season.

well, except for the carpenter ants and carpenter wasps. I had to spray the outside of my log house spring and fall every year. I have a post and beam house now and no spraying is necessary

You forgot about the mosquitos and black flys, I think. 😏

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• might have to try this when the weather cools down. right now we have a "bug guy" but not really happy and not sure we get our moneys worth. Was thinking about just spraying myself, but a bug bomb might be interesting - what kind do you use? - and how long are you out of the house?

I use RaidMax No Mess Dry Fogger or Black Flag Fumigator.

There are 3 bombs in the package, enough to cover about 2600 sq ft. I’ve been using either this, or the Black Flag Fumigator, for the past 30 years. It does a great job of wiping out the bug population.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• I use RaidMax No Mess Dry Fogger or Black Flag Fumigator.

There are 3 bombs in the package, enough to cover about 2600 sq ft. I’ve been using either this, or the Black Flag Fumigator, for the past 30 years. It does a great job of wiping out the bug population.

we have always just used sprays or had the bug dude who sprays. I think a fogger like this would be more thorough, but for sure would have to move our parrot and the dog outside for the day so it will have to wait until cooler weather

• I'm dragging ass, picked up a cold from one of the grandkids and have been down all weekend and today. Doc said it was viral, nothing we could do other than treat symptoms.

I did get out and detail the sling, supposed to attend a work happy hour tomorrow, so going to try and make it, hopefully I feel up to it.

Haven't felt like doing much, especially in this heat...

• [quote='wokka','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/5252-show-me-your-day/&postID=279142#post279142']

I'm dragging ass, picked up a cold from one of the grandkids and have been down all weekend and today. Doc said it was viral, nothing we could do other than treat symptoms.

I did get out and detail the sling, supposed to attend a work happy hour tomorrow, so going to try and make it, hopefully I feel up to it.

Haven't felt like doing much, especially in this heat...

[/quote]

No way I can “Like” a summer cold. Those really inhale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• we have always just used sprays or had the bug dude who sprays. I think a fogger like this would be more thorough, but for sure would have to move our parrot and the dog outside for the day so it will have to wait until cooler weather

These things work very well. Won’t have to do it again for about a year. I also have a fogger that I use outside for mosquitos. For outside I use TelStar Pro. It is great on ‘skeeters, fleas, ticks and roaches. Also wipes out the stinkbug population.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• Today my day started with getting a lift installed in my shop, that went very well, got the sling on it. Ordered a oil drain system from Amazon, found and planning to go to Harbor Freight to pickup a couple of safety jacks. During the process of looking under the slingshot to see where to place the lift pads, I got a slight case of Vertigo, so spent the afternoon in bed to rest. Did some exercises, and now feeling much better. Ordered a Spot mirror that will allow me to put under the car to see where the lift goes... hopefully that takes care of that! Daughter called me today, they are adopting a couple of foster kids, and the court date to do so has been set, so got reservations to help celebrate this special day. Who knows, may even take the Sling on this trip... 4 1/2 hours one way.... But, maybe not, don't want the focus to be on us with our cool toy.... decisions decisions!

Wife just served me a Lebanon Bologna sandwich....

That is my day so far.

• These things work very well. Won’t have to do it again for about a year. I also have a fogger that I use outside for mosquitos. For outside I use TelStar Pro. It is great on ‘skeeters, fleas, ticks and roaches. Also wipes out the stinkbug population.

fleas and ticks here are not a real problem, I guess they dont do well in the heat. never put any flea repellent or collar on any of the dogs or cats we have had over the year and none of them ever had a single flea or tick - skeeters are also not problem - at most might get bit once a year if that. What I would like is something for flies - something that actually works without smelling like shit

• fleas and ticks here are not a real problem, I guess they dont do well in the heat. never put any flea repellent or collar on any of the dogs or cats we have had over the year and none of them ever had a single flea or tick - skeeters are also not problem - at most might get bit once a year if that. What I would like is something for flies - something that actually works without smelling like shit

Good news... all the flies are dead. 😄. I started using this stuff when I lived in San Jose. I could swear that the carpet was alive with fleas. Cheap azz apartment complex. This stuff killed ‘em all.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter