Show me your day

• Yesterday my Sling Shot brother av8ingtom , who is down here in Coonass land visiting his daughter and family met for lunch. He comes down about twice a year so we try to get together at a Cajun restaurant that is about in the middle.

When he got out of his truck he had a big brown bag in his hand and as he got closer I could read the name on the bag. It was a Jersey Mike’s bag. My all time favorite sandwich shop. The closest Jersey Mike’s is about 2 and a half hours away from where I live. I said wow let’s put it in the car and I will eat it for supper. He said he had called ahead and talked to the manager and was told it was okay to bring it in. When my wife and Tom got their food I opened the bag and there it was.... manna from heaven....... “The Big Kahuna “ Philly cheesesteak, double meat and double cheese. I could only eat half. Gonna have the other half for breakfast.

A very heart felt and stomach felt thank you Tom for making it a GREAT day!

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Looking good there Mr. S. Hope your battle ends pretty soon so you can get back on the open road and put some miles on your Cool Looking Slingshot

Thanks Phil, had great report last week it seems my largest tumor shrunk in half and the others shrunk significantly. This was after four rounds of chemo and immunotherapy. Had a treatment this Wednesday and then one more at the end of the month and then plans are to just do the immunotherapy for maintenance.

“Happy Dance” :00000441:

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• So glad you're seeing positive results and you're able to tolerate the treatments. Sure will be waiting to hear the words that you've beaten that nasty thing you're dealing with and will see you beating down the roads like before real soon

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Thanks Phil, had great report last week it seems my largest tumor shrunk in half and the others shrunk significantly. This was after four rounds of chemo and immunotherapy. Had a treatment this Wednesday and then one more at the end of the month and then plans are to just do the immunotherapy for maintenance.

“Happy Dance” :00000441:

awesome news and great to see you out and about! :thumbsup:

• Well as a lot of you know Janet and I have been looking at a lot of options for a new vehicle, have talked SUV, Truck and a few others, so after looking for almost 5 months Janet got her 1st NEW car in 40 years together this past Saturday. We are now ready to start traveling (although without the Slingshot) but ready to see some of this great Country. Her new car 2019 Lincoln Nautilus

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• First off, thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. It’s really good to be this age and still running. Miss Nancy and I celebrated by taking a little Slingshot ride.

Plans were to head to Tellico Plains for lunch then over the Skyway to Deals Gap and down the Dragon before heading to a little place on the river for an early dinner. Should have been about 150 miles of twisters. 😄

Long story longer, we got to Tellico Plains and had lunch at the Ironworks Grill on the river. We then headed up the Skyway towards Deals Gap. Good ride, almost no traffic, sweet. Got into Deals Gap at about 3 PM and headed down the Dragon.

At about MM6 we came to a screamimg hault. Some “broad” driving an 18 wheeler up the Dragon managed to run over a guard rail and block all traffic in both directions. We were only five miles from the bottom of the Dragon. It will take several hours to get a tow truck up to haul the semi down the mountain. Turned around and back to Deals Gap. Figure out that fastest way home is back the way we came.

Off we go, back along the Skyway to TELLICO Plaines. Ten miles from TELLICO, come to screaming halt again. Big ass tree across the road. Trees and Forrest on both sides, no shoulder to drive on and some cowboy drives his 4x4 puck up one the left side over the tree top and tells me that he thinks I could go around if I follow his tracks. I think not.

Time hit the detour button on the Zumo. It says back up and take Muller Church Road. We do. Five miles of bad pavement followed by another five miles of bad gravel and a farm dog intent on playing catch the Slingshot, we finally arrived on TN360 about five miles from Vonore.

By now it is almost 8 o’clock and way past time to eat. We found a little lakeside grill in Vonore and ventured inside, hot hungry and thirsty. It is “ Steak Night!!!”

We capped off the day with a couple of cold brew skies and a ribeye! Best beer and steak we have had in ages! The rest of the ride home was just at sundown with a beautiful sunset.

Moral of the story. Best laird plans are sometimes worthless. Let go and see what develops.

Start of the journey.

We’re off to see the Wizard!

Big chair/couch at Tn360 and the Skyway in TELLICO

Bald River Falls

• And you thought it was going to be just another boring birthday...

Happy Adventure Day!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• You know, Pics or it didn't happen (Semi and tree). . . . . .

Unfortunately, no pix of the semi. There were about a dozen cars in front of us. Got to see it on KillBoys’ camera as he walked back to his station. Good think the Sling can do a Uturn in a small space.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Today was the first time I wished I had one of those fancy as phones with a camera. Turned the corner on a farm road a there is this huge cow standing in the street. It had no intention of moving either.

I have to tell you those things look even bigger from the front seat of a sling!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Today was the first time I wished I had one of those fancy as phones with a camera. Turned the corner on a farm road a there is this huge cow standing in the street. It had no intention of moving either.

I have to tell you those things look even bigger from the front seat of a sling!

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Where is everyone at today? There has been less post on here today that I have ever seen

Just too hot, everyone is taking a siesta. 106 feels like 112. Even 93 in my garage. Just too hot. But we too will survive. I don’t have an air conditioned garage but working on something. Glad you feeling better . Hang in there this will also pass.

Keep Three Wheels Down