Show me your day

• Just drop the front off (8 Bolts) and separate and you will be able to get to the screw. Been there and done that.

Thank you! At first I thought it was an adjustment on the two brackets on each side. Those were all tight. Was not able to get to the screw but made it home OK . Appreciate the insight 🙂

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Rt 11 in Patten, ME on the way upta the North Maine Woods

Mt Katahdin behind my slingshot, then Mt Chase just to the right,

this was taken on a hill top / scenic view and i tried adding a mp4 that shows a 360 degree pan with the hills on the Maine / Canada border. But can't figure out how.

very humid today, so it's a bit hazy.

• New England in the summer time is so beautiful! Stopping at a clam & lobster shack makes it all that much better too!!

• Make sure to tighten all of the hidden bolts before re assembly. Maybe a little pink Loctite or the PST Lockite #567

when I took the front off to install my sway bar I found both loose and missing screws that should have been there to hold things together. AS funcycle said, its an easy fix and seems to be fairly common

as to having to end your trip with a 3 hour drive through LA - - - now thats a bummer ;(

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• 1740 miles this week. The SS did have some issues at the end. Burnt out center headlight, Missing screw that holds in the front spoiler so the ol girl has a sag on the starboard side. Gunna have to download the PDF of the front end as the bolt comes from the front out so may have to remove the whole thing to get to it. All very fixable AND she has never been so dirty. Going to need some TLC this weekend.

3.5 hours to get through LA this afternoon. Quite the buzz killer to finish up but no other way to get home.

hey SoCal that sounds very familiar. I lost the same bolt in Maggie valley last year,after I got home and took it apart the bolt was still trapped between panels so all I had to do was reinstall. The headlight was warranted by Polaris, two weeks later the other center Light went. Still original outer lights. You still under warranty?

Great pics by the way!!! Living vicariously through you - thanks

• I have replaced both front center bulbs in my sling - with them being always on I guess it is normal that they dont last as well as car lights that are only on when you turn them on

• hey SoCal that sounds very familiar. I lost the same bolt in Maggie valley last year,after I got home and took it apart the bolt was still trapped between panels so all I had to do was reinstall. The headlight was warranted by Polaris, two weeks later the other center Light went. Still original outer lights. You still under warranty?

Great pics by the way!!! Living vicariously through you - thanks

Yes this is a strange one. The bolt goes from the front towards the back and is in between the panels. I am about to take it apart and see but it seems strange the way this was put together. I have to go to the store and get some Loctite first. Yes I am still under warranty but for $13 for two bulbs it’s easier to order on Amazon then take to the dealership I think. Thank you for your input on this!🙂

• it would never occur to me that a light bulb would be something under warranty - even if it were as Socal pointed out at $13 its hardly worth a visit to a dealer

• DER Great pics by the way!!! Living vicariously through you - thanks

Thank you!

After I fix the front end today and pressure wash this girl from head to toe I will start looking at some of my go Pro video as well. I took video all the way through the Sonora pass. Hopefully in the next day or so I will have that available. Of all the places we went this week going through this pass I would do again in a heartbeat! We lucked out in that the road was only opened seventeen days ago. Truly amazing place!

• it would never occur to me that a light bulb would be something under warranty - even if it were as Socal pointed out at $13 its hardly worth a visit to a dealer

I have a very good rapport with my dealer and they're only ten miles away.

All I had to do was take a pic with the lights on and send it to them. Picked the light up the next time I went by. I forget that some of you aren't as fortunate

• Wife and I (as well as many others) had the honor and privilege this weekend to participate in the SavannahStrong Memorial Ride for Awareness, great ride for a great cause. This year’s ride included a couple laps around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Only have a couple pics, Rho was mostly taking video. I heard we had 97 Slingshots show up. At IMS ours was the first group out, first lap was basically a parade lap, we were told speed limit would be 30 mph and signed waiver $10,000 fine to pass the pace car. By the end of the first lap we were testing the waters on what we could do. On 2nd lap pace car may have picked up the pace a little, we fell back and had some fun with Bu11sh1t and few other Slings. I never looked at my speedometer, Harvey and others were saying they hit 90-95. Looking forward to next year’s ride.

• It isn’t unusual to see airplanes flying over the house. But, today the pattern was changed and the guard was out practicing. Love the sound of freedom.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter