"Forum member buys 100 year supply of c-rations"
    "Forum member forgets to take medicine"
    "Forum member takes too much of his medicine"
    "Exorcism planned for forum member"
    "Forum member not abducted by aliens"
    "Forum member is actually an alien"
    "Forum member joins spy agency to spy on himself"
    "Forum member joins ISIS to prove government is spying on him"

Perhaps, just moving the thread to a different area - like Not Slingshot Related or NSFW would do. I think the existing title gives enough warning, perhaps just prepending/appending "Odd".

But, not my call.

• I just found this thread and I have to say I'm laughing my ass off LOL.... EVERYONE is F'ing listening and watching, but I can't get my damn kids to do the dishes @@.... vampire-squared ... although I really like my "Alexa, Bartender" app!

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• ok. I don't read through all the post so until I get tagged or until someone sends me a message I don't see these issues. I'm going to go back on this thread and delete post (something I never do) and then i am going to close this thread.

Sorry it got so sideways before it was noticed.

I think you are part of the conspiracy trying to hide the facts .....

Juts kidding I agree this has nothing to do with our forum

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• yea. I'm still thinking.... it took a turn pretty fast.

I dont know exactly what to title the thread if I just move it and change the title.

IMHO just move it to the "Anything other than" (nothing NSFW about it) and leave the title and everything else alone .... those who don't want to see it can ignore the thread ......

If you start deleting or changing posts that go sideways just because they get a little ridiculous (as long as they don't get nasty or personal) goes against part of the reason you and many others left the dark side and would require you to do the same with many others.....

......... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 3 times, last by Orangeman ().

• Sorry, but I have to chime in. I'm HUGE on my opinion about our rights (All of our rights) as individuals and the fine line between well meaning, and censorship.
    We see this all too well in our country with the unfolding drama about "Fake News", gun control, etc.
    While I must agree, this thread has morphed into something all it's own, it is thought provoking whether one agrees or disagrees with certain views. I have not found anything in this thread that leads me to believe there is intended malice or ill will towards our members or other individuals. I do find it refreshing to have read every single post in this thread and, while it could have devolved into something very ugly, not one person resorted to foul language and name-calling!!! Kuddos to all of you!!! This is proof that we can actually have rather civil, and sometimes humorous, interactions with each other despite content that would easily lend itself to ultimate ugliness.
    I do feel the original content of the thread has long since been derailed and it would serve the good of the forum to place it in the Everything But Slingshot section. I would hate to see this thread be deleted by anyone other then the original poster simply because others do not feel comfortable with the subjects and/or don't agree with all the views. That's why I love the ability to simply block a thread or member with the click of my mouse....CLICK.....bothersome thread/member all gone.......YAY!!!!
    I have Zero problem with threads being deleted due to posts that contain hurtful and/or potentially harmful statements towards each other. We have no place for that among us.
    Ok, sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.....and Golly Bob Howdy....our leaders have been working double over-time with the paving machines lately!!!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• @roadog1aj, what did you say? I have you blocked! :00008356: J/K bud,.. stay safe

Damn you @Shatneyman.........you had to go and do that to me just as I was taking a big slug of coffee......well now it's spewed down the front of me and my keyboard thankyouverymuch!!!! :00008356::00008172::00008172::00008356:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I, too, have been amused by this thread. It is in everyone's power to pass it by, but looking at the post count tells me that many have chosen to get involved. No harm, no foul. Besides, where else will I get my warning for....for.... well, I'm still not sure what!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• For those of you that would like to see this thread gone, block it. Kinda like the way I feel about those who don't like guns. If you don't like them don't buy one, but don't tell me I don't have the right to own one. It is your very own continued involvement in the thread that has kept it alive and going strong. Yeah, it may be like a bad wreck and you hate to see it but you just can't stop watching. @Bigdog has played you all like a big fiddle! :00000024::00008862:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I agree. For the first time in over 3 1/2 years, I had to block threads. When that didn't work since too many people quoted blocked posts, I had to actually block a user. Sad, but when it gets so bad that you have to do things like this, I'm sure others are doing the same thing. That's the start of a downfall and I will do all I can to make sure that does happen (the downfall of the site). This is bigger than any one of us

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I just found this thread, and am finding it hilarious, It should be moved to a different forum since it is NOT Slingshot related, but deleting it, NO. I can see deleting posts that are hurtfully to another family member, but everyone on here is family and deserves to have his or her opinion heard. If you don't agree, don't follow the post or block the poster, that is your right, but @Bigdog has a right to post and we all have a right to follow if we want.

The way I look at it, we are all grown men/women and if this stuff bothers you that bad, pull up your Big-Girl Panties and Suck-It-Up

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• I'm not advocating anything other than getting the brain damaged thread moved out of Slingshot General Info. Delete or not delete, not my call.

Let's be mindful that the forum is SLINGSHOTINFO. If it is not info about slingshots, it is much lower priority.

If tin foil hatters want to post deranged thoughts, there is also:
    DonaldTrumpPressConferences.com
    StormyDaniels.com
    SpankMeWithAMagazineCoverOfMe.com
    BrainDamage.com
    Brightfart.com
    PeopleWithoutBrainsArePeopleToo.com
    LobotomiesForFunAndPleasure.com
    Facebook.com
    Twitter.com

We are not denying them an outlet.

This is such a nice place. Let's discourage members from shitting in it. Slingshot INFO rules.