Smokey mountain HOG rally MAY 29-JUNE 2

• Wondering how many HOG members we have here and are any going to do both rallies as this is the same time as Maggie.

One of the rides is to wheels through time. Sounding like a busy week in Maggie.

• Maybe it's just me but I don't think this bodes well for fast runs.
    That's why we make sure the Eureka Springs meet is scheduled the week/weekend before or after Bikes, Blues & BBQ in Fayettville. 100,000 plus visitors and bikes makes for extremely slow rides anywhere.

• I was a HOG member. I realized that the HOG chapters local weren't something I was really interested in. Supper runs, short rides, ice cream, that sort of thing. Big on politics, and "club" stuff. I just wanted to ride, and I didn't care to ride in large groups much. So, no HOG member here. Still have 2 Harleys sitting in the garage though.

The day they come into Maggie will be busy I would guess. Also, might clog up the fun roads in the area. I rode mine hard, still do, but no way I can stay with the SS in the curves. I think the Dragon, Cherohala, and anywhere near Townsend/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg will be more affected.

• @Goats_Hogs Never been a chapter member. Rather a independent national member.
    Was recruited a couple of times but saw what you described. Not for me .

I'm a life member thanks to a gift. Still have the Harley but it doesn't get the love it used-to.
    Kaw doesn't get any love.

• @DER I know what you are saying. My mom will ill in the spring of 2016, and wife and I were caretakers for her. I didn't get the Harley out much. Riding varied, but I've always put 8,000 or more miles on them for over 25 years prior to that spring. My best was just over 21,000 in one season, living in Indiana. But..... my records show that I've only put just a bit over 1,500 miles on mine (wife about 900) since spring of 2016. We got the Slingshot in late May of 2016. I'm about 200 miles from 26,000 on it now.

Which is why @KayTwo sent me this. He was fearing that the Harley was really getting jealous of the SS. I have $.73 cents in it so far, and it's been about 3 months since he sent it. Putting change in it about the same rate as I'm putting miles on the Harley.....

• The day they come into Maggie will be busy I would guess. Also, might clog up the fun roads in the area. I rode mine hard, still do, but no way I can stay with the SS in the curves. I think the Dragon, Cherohala, and anywhere near Townsend/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg will be more affected.

Take the 276 Route south from Waynesville, all the way into South Carolina. It's a great little ride, there are a couple of good stops and some good offshoot roads, and it takes you straight into Greenville of you go far enough. Doesn't usually get clogged at all, from what I have seen when I have ridden it. Look at it on a map, it's twisty as hell.

• Take the 276 Route south from Waynesville, all the way into South Carolina. It's a great little ride, there are a couple of good stops and some good offshoot roads, and it takes you straight into Greenville of you go far enough. Doesn't usually get clogged at all, from what I have seen when I have ridden it. Look at it on a map, it's twisty as hell.

We took that last year, and is on the agenda for this year also. We only took it to US 64, then over to the falls (both sets), then back up Moonshine 28 (US 28). We did it on Wed, and then took US 28 down and back the next day leading a group ( @av8ingtom, @Bu11sh1t, @V-SHOT and others). I wanted to check the condition of US 28 for the next day, but didn't want to take it down and back both days. 276 is an AWESOME road, and we really enjoyed it!

I do try to obey the law when I can. I don't go into SC anymore (unless absolutely a necessity), as my CCW only does 37 states and it's not one of them. Walahala was my turnaround before I carried 24/7.

• I like to make a loop down 28 to mountain rest SC then 107 north to 64 east then 276north to 19 or parkway . Been riding that loop for 10 years . Doesn't get old.

Good BBQ at cashiers corner of 107&64 . BBQ on the side I believe. It's just a window at the farm market. They have a few picnic tables and makes a good rest stop.

• I like to make a loop down 28 to mountain rest SC then 107 north to 64 east then 276north to 19 or parkway . Been riding that loop for 10 years . Doesn't get old.

Good BBQ at cashiers corner of 107&64 . BBQ on the side I believe. It's just a window at the farm market. They have a few picnic tables and makes a good rest stop.

How much time to do that loop? I have done 28 three times all the the way to like Greenwood. But I have not on 276 in years on a bike. We came back thru there after I wrecked the sling last year.

• How much time to do that loop? I have done 28 three times all the the way to like Greenwood. But I have not on 276 in years on a bike. We came back thru there after I wrecked the sling last year.

I like to have all day as I usly stop at the falls

• BAR NONE ~> 276 is my favorite route... wasn't crowded last year so we're going to give it a go again this year

Not looking forward to the added congestion, but I am sure they are not either.

Hopefully they are not anti SS folks. That gets old

^^^ Agreed!! ~> And you know what... it's OK!! Why do I say that?? Glad you asked... You see, anti-SS rhetoric only comes out the mouths of those secretly closeted about their love/attraction for the sling... these "so-called haters" WISH they could have just a little nibble... a little TASTE of the good life!! Best thing one can do in this case is COME OUT and show PRIDE for thier LOVE of the SLING <~ those curves.... mmmm... so sexy and HOT! MOMMA LIKES!!!!! :thumbup:

Wait... What were we talking about again? Is it hot in here...? I need a nap :/

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• BAR NONE ~> 276 is my favorite route... wasn't crowded last year so we're going to give it a go again this year

^^^ Agreed!! ~> And you know what... it's OK!! Why do I say that?? Glad you asked... You see, anti-SS rhetoric only comes out the mouths of those secretly closeted about their love/attraction for the sling... these "so-called haters" WISH they could have just a little nibble... a little TASTE of the good life!! Best thing one can do in this case is COME OUT and show PRIDE for thier LOVE of the SLING <~ those curves.... mmmm... so sexy and HOT! MOMMA LIKES!!!!! :thumbup:

Wait... What were we talking about again? Is it hot in here...? I need a nap :/

Talking to other's "mostly Harley Riders" I just look at them and tell them that I have one of those also. What else do you have? It just shuts the door in their face and they cannot think of anything else to say.