Why purchase a F4 Customs Windshield for your Polaris Slingshot

• Many folks have asked the question why purchase a F4 Customs windshield for my Slingshot so I decided to write this post.

Here at F4 Customs Inc. we manufacture 5 different height windshields for your Polaris Slingshot (Stock, 3", 5",7", and 9" taller than stock). You can purchase either clear or light tint. This variance is so we can offer the right windshield to fit their riding style.

We manufacture using the Highest Optical Grade of Polycarbonate available (200x stronger then acrylic) and we have a 12 step proprietary manufacturing/coating process to greatly improve the characteristics of a standard polycarbonate. Here is what we achieve:

• Great Scratch Resistance: Our show display demonstrates you can rub it with steel wool and not scratch it. This is to show just how long it will last with normal cleaning.
    • Rain Shedding: See the road clearly during those rain showers
    • Chemical Resistant: Clean it with any glass cleaner and gas station paper towels
    • Optical Clarity: You will be amazed at the clarity when you ride on those twistiest roads. Even when looking through the corners it has perfect optical clarity.
    • 4 year limited warranty against cracking or crazing
    • Offered in stock, 3", 5",7" and 9" taller than stock in both clear and light tint

We hope this helps clarify why so many of our customers have chosen the F4 Customs windshield.
    Maybe some of our Customers would like to comment on their experience with the F4 Customs shield.
    Don Frank
    F4 Customs Inc.
    http://www.f4customs.com
    330-968-4644

• I am 6 foot - what would be the tallest you would recommend to minimize wind but still allow me to drive looking over the windshield?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• thank you, will the added 3 inches over stock make much difference in airflow?

• okay, sorry for all the questions, this is the last - I promise :)

I live in the desert, last summer we had days that hit 120 - with 3 more inches will I still get a decent air flow around the sides into the cockpit so I don't roast when moving like I do at stop lights?

• I love my +3 and it is just the right height to get the wind in my face and not get beaten up by the wind. I am 6'1 and look over it. I think it is the perfect mix of wanting wind in your face, more protection, and less airflow thank stock. One of the best Mods I have purchased.

• okay, sorry for all the questions, this is the last - I promise :)

I live in the desert, last summer we had days that hit 120 - with 3 more inches will I still get a decent air flow around the sides into the cockpit so I don't roast when moving like I do at stop lights?

I hope that you do not have a top with the tall windscreen and the rear exhaust. The Stinger top with the Welter outsider and the plus 5 wind screen bad gas fumes. My buddy had to go back to the stock blade to be able to ride, the fumes were so bad.