Check Engine code 65620.

• The tip over sensor will shut off the fuel pump as well as the engine if the SS gets upside down.

I moved mine to another location but made sure that it remained mounted in the correct position.

And yes they are standard equipment on all motorcycles these days.

They have been standard on cars as well, since at least the 90s. In cars, it is an inertia switch. If the vehicle comes to a stop very quickly, like in a crash, it will kill power to the fuel pump. Similar logic to activating an airbag. Some cars, you can reset yourself. Some cars, reset is dealer only - or at least you have to get the tools out. Dunno 'bout a SS.

• early on the ignition switches were installed upside down with the weep hole pointing up.
    That was the water issue

I remember all you guys talking about the first SSITS and the really wet weather. There were several SS that would not start. That was the first time I remember the switch issue coming to light. On the first SlingShot I made a plastic shield that went over the ignition switch to keep water out of the small hole.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• On Monday, a friend of mine had his 2018 Caddie lay down on him. Went into limp mode, would not shift out of first, nor go over a trotting speed (his words). They put it on a rollback and took it to the dealer. Only thing wrong with it was that it was due for a software upgrade. The car had found this out (satellite) , and forced a limp mode. Supposedly, this happened to a few of them, and it is being resolved.

My son's 2016 truck is showing all types of things wrong (happened Monday). Antilock brakes, Power Steering error, traction control, brake light on, service engine soon light is on. He has no power steering either. It goes in to the shop later today. No idea what is causing that, hope to find out.

And, I talked to a friend that has a transmission shop yesterday. He has a 2014 Ford truck in to have a rebuild on the trans. He told me that truck has 14 computers on it total. I'm sure there won't be any reliability issues there in a few years.... ;(

The more I find out about the new stuff, the better I like my 1994 Chevy Z71.....

• Yes and all this is reflecting in the Auto body industry, in time it is predicted body shops will go the way of the Dinosaur as the insurance industry is already saying we,re not going to mess with computerized electronics, if there's any evidence a collision has put them at risk, shes a write off! Soon there will be only dealerships left in the industry , replace everything , dont even think of repairing anything, Who needs tradesman when a trained monkey or a robot can just bolt on a new part !
    The insurance industry loves it as the parameters for writing off a vehicle are lowered every year, it takes less and less damage to write them off, you see when they can just write off every thing instead of repairing it ,they can justify the cost of skyrocketing insurance premiums and limit their liabilities at the same time ! And the consumer takes it up the butt again!

• @MWSlingshot have you gotten anywhere with this?

Unfortunately no, I’ve been so busy at work I haven’t had a chance to do any work on the Sling . I have to cover for someone else on Saturday so my only day this week will be Sunday. I’ll be up bright and early and start lookin for any plugs with moisture in them and checking my battery ground. Then I’ll move on to the throttle position sensor and the wires going to them. I did notice that my stock POS radio was acting up on the Saturday before this happened and my Bluetooth was still trying to connect to the Slingshot radio a couple of day later. I don’t know if that has anything to do with my problems.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• @MWSlingshot this likely won't help you, however I wanted to follow up. My son's truck had a wiring harness chewed thru and shorting. Evidently he has a mouse or several in his garage, and that's the shorted area that was causing his issue.

Truly hope you can find and fix it soon without much grief!

• Unfortunately no, I’ve been so busy at work I haven’t had a chance to do any work on the Sling . I have to cover for someone else on Saturday so my only day this week will be Sunday. I’ll be up bright and early and start lookin for any plugs with moisture in them and checking my battery ground. Then I’ll move on to the throttle position sensor and the wires going to them. I did notice that my stock POS radio was acting up on the Saturday before this happened and my Bluetooth was still trying to connect to the Slingshot radio a couple of day later. I don’t know if that has anything to do with my problems.

After you mess with the battery cables- if that does not solve the issue- I would go to the little fuse box, and remove the fuse for the radio. That is a 2 second trouble shoot. It will kill all power to radio & back up camera- but if you have a bad radio or camera, it will screw up the electrical system. My first ss, which was bought back, allegedly had this issue---- somewhere in the wiring, and just replacing the radio did not fix the problem. (I had different codes, but the thing would redline on all gages, on a regular basis, and lose power.) Final straw was a freeway incident @ 4:30 in the morning- total power loss.

• It happens to the best of manufacturers. In my case it was a long process that finally reached a point where all options had been tried.
    Ours was a 2015 built in October and was the 887th off the line. We believe it might have been caused by a short somewhere deep in the wiring. At it's final failure it just stopped firing on all cylinders when it would re-fire and then it just finally would not start.

This past weekend I was at a high end auto dealer and noticed a brand new model in the service bay totally stripped down. I'm talking to the body shell and everything removed. Basically it had an electrical issue that could not be found in the normal manner. The manufacturer contracted the dealer to totally stripped it down to find the fault. Ended up being a very, very, very small nick in one of the main wire harnesses that feed several major subsystems. The dealer was well over $15,000 in billed labor hours.
    I was amazed to the extent the manufacturer went to find a fault that had not shown up on any other of the models produced.

Finding the issue to make sure it’s not going to involve a couple million dollar recall is priceless...

• Started diagnosing my problem and now im getting three CE codes 65602,65610.and 65601
    all saying that my ETC is at fault. Id take it to the dealer but i can even get 12 ft out of my driveway to hed that way. Guess i need a trailer or a wrecker. i'm guessing a rollback can load a sling????

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

• Started diagnosing my problem and now im getting three CE codes 65602,65610.and 65601
    all saying that my ETC is at fault. Id take it to the dealer but i can even get 12 ft out of my driveway to hed that way. Guess i need a trailer or a wrecker. i'm guessing a rollback can load a sling????

Make sure you tell the tow company you’re towing a corvette. Because of the ground clearance.....or you can take the front end off with 8 easy to get at bolts....

• Well, I ended up borrowing a trailer from Billy Duncan, AKA @Fast Orange and have dropped it off at the dealership. I am hoping for a quick turn around so I can make the Parade in Greenville SC next weekend. At least the guy @ the shop said if it turned out to be the throttle body that needs replacing and Polaris couldn't get the part to them in time, he has a shop unit that he would install on mine so i can have it back for the trip. Fingers crossed.

Thank you Billy.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

Edited 2 times, last by MWSlingshot ().

• Billy, @Fast Orange is the man!
    Really hope they can help you out. These types of stuff shouldn't happen at all. Wish I really had a better answer for you as the the cause but it things drag out with Polaris let's talk. There are a few of us that kept our cool and just (I guess) plugged along until a resolution was found. Basically at the end I told Polaris I was fine with them continually trying to find the cause but that I needed a promise. That promise was that they could supply me with the confidence that I could let my daughter and wife drive it without the fear that it would break down at the worst moment and be linked to their fixed work.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Well, it’s been a week in the shop and nothing had improved. The word from Polaris is keep looking. No parts have been replaced as of today and the consensus of the dealer is ECM and throttle body both need to be replaced. Polaris won’t approve it and send the parts.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841