Oscar Mayer Weiner Thread means Slingshot..two of America's favorite! With a little drama

• Sit back and listen to a little story I'll tell you about an Oscar Mayer Weiner, Weinermobile, Slingshot. rude and racist people and a lot of Slingshot love!!

As my wife, daughter and myself left church this morning we decided to take our truck and run it through the automated wash before we lost the opportunity with the expiration of the purchased car washing code. After an hour of cleaning up my wife's RAM we drove through the Walmart parking lot and you would not believe what was parked there in the fire lane!!!! Guess??? Tooooooooo Late!!!! It was the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile!! Pretty sore site to see for a man who was hungry. It was like seeing my childhood all over again and I told my wife that I had to run home and grab the SS and camera!! THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS MISSING THIS PHOTO OP! We return to the store and I contact Walmart management to let them know that I would be upfront taking pictures of the Weinermobile (laughter in between) The managers give me the green light and I pull the SS alongside of the Weinermobile to get some pictures and it's going good. Every little boy and girl would rather take a picture with the SS than the Weinermobile. This made me feel good up until one disrespectful man became involved. His wife initially asked where were the Weinermobile vendors and I told her no. Eventually the irate husband climbs out and becomes irate using profanity and wanting me to move my SS using the F word! So that he could get some pictures. I told them both that I would leave once everyone else got their pictures taken. Sadly, he begin to be disrespectful to a grandmother who was there with her grandson taking pictures. The racist in him came out as he was speaking with the elderly lady which in turn offended me. The desire for a man to refer to anyone as "you people" and spark racial hatred when so many people are getting along. I let so many people sit and take pictures inside of my SS without regards to race. I hold no animosity for this one person's behavior and would gladly do it all over again. Hats off to the Walmart management and the Converse Police Department for seeing through this gentleman hateful heart.

without further ado

• I bet you any amount of money that @Ross will be hounding you for copies of those epic calendar pictures.

As for the idiot. I have found the best thing for me to handle morons like that is to ignore them. All they want is confrontation, the more you ignore them the more attention they will bring on themselves. Usually it doesn't end well for them.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• ummm .... meeee meeee meeee

Oh I wish I was on Oscar Mayer wiener
    That is what I'd really like to be
    Because if I was an Oscar Mayer wiener
    Everyone would be in love with me

2019slingshotcalendar@gmail.com

My bologna has a first name
    It's O-S-C-A-R
    My bologna has a second name
    It's M-A-Y-E-R
    Oh I love to it it every day
    And if you ask me I why I say
    'Cause Oscar Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A

2019slingshotcalendar@gmail.com

• Last year we did a trip up to Mackinaw Michigan and while we were having breakfast we seen the oscar myer weiner vehicle go by, when we got done we looked for it for a photo op but couldn't find it. I was thinking the same thing as you, a perfect opportunity that just couldn't be missed but we were unsuccessful. Pictures look awesome

• Great pics @Zorasmiles ... I think your on to something here. Next challange should be to get a picture with your SS and the Idaho potato that travels around the country. I would kill for a picture with my SS and that massive starchy delicious veggie.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I bet you any amount of money that @Ross will be hounding you for copies of those epic calendar pictures.

As for the idiot. I have found the best thing for me to handle morons like that is to ignore them. All they want is confrontation, the more you ignore them the more attention they will bring on themselves. Usually it doesn't end well for them.

You're absolutely right sir! So, I completely ignored him and his wife. As the police drove off and the Walmart management staff stood by to sneak one last picture, he walked over and still tried to get one last jab in. He wasn't going to ruin my day! After all, I was too busy humming the song!

Exactly LOL I was humming that song as I raced back to Walmart with a big smile on my face LOL What a joy it was to take a picture of this with the Slingshot. We'd had opportunities before but somehow the SS made it truly picture worthy!

@'goose man' I honestly thought I'd missed the opportunity as it felt like we were taking so long to return to Wally World. I' sure I would have felt heartbroken after seeing the picture in my head and not being able to take it LOL I would have stalked it from store to store.

@'lobby' hmmm....that sounds like a challenge! LOL That would be pretty awesome as well to have the SS in the same picture with! I'm thinking of trying to get a collection of pictures of the SS with all things that are classics to our childhood..never know--this could be the first

I can't tell you all how many smiles from young to old, from healthy to disabled the Slingshot can bring in an instant. Kids are drawn to it like a magnet for it's toy like appearance and adults for dozens of reasons. It's an ice breaker for conversations and you can not compare it to any other vehicle for visual appeal--whether it's modded or full blown creative.

I found another love for the SS yesterday and it was the ability to breakdown barriers, true barriers in public places. I know that it does here on the forum but to see it in action out in public is God finding another way to give us common ground. Blessed.