• your wife can pick some nice ones.. =O .. id trade my big toe for that challenger.... :thumbup:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• While I have no intension of hanging up the sling with the current situation there are some great deals if you look around. I came across this beautiful Fatboy Lo with under 5000 mi. in outstanding condition for 10,500. I couldn't pass it up. There is a pattern as my truck, sling and bike are all blue/black. Didn't plan it that way, just came to be.

Funny thing I did a ride today (on the bike) and ran into a slingshot going the opposite direction. I gave him a big thumbs up. :thumbup:

• I found this in Texas last summer with 6,800 miles on it. After flying down and driving it home it's sitting at 9,200 miles. Bone stock '08 LS3. I needed a practical car.

This is at my buddy's house in Rigby, ID.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• As some of you guys know, I’m a big classic car guy, this was the truck that started it all for me. It’s a 1951 Ford F-3. I paid $750 for it when I was 16 and no joke it’s the best running vehicle I have ever owned. I think a great deal Of that comes from

How simple everything is. When I was doing my graduate work, I sold my daily driver to a guy that just couldn’t live without it, and rather than rush into buying another car, I went out to the stable and tried to figure out what to drive. The Model T was too slow and convertible, the 51 Dodge truck needed brakes all around and a carb rebuild, my 66 mustang is almost back together but not quite there yet. Well the old ford had sat for years not even started. I aired all the tires up, changed the fluid, gassed it up and it fired right up. I drove it for over a year every day. It never once failed me. It started in snow, rain, sun you name it. I’ve put it away time and time again but when my family has needed a dependable vehicle because one of these fancy new ones breaks down, it always steps up to the plate. I’ve remodeled two houses with it, met my wife with it, drove to the hospital to see my dying grandma in it, no matter what it’s always been there. I hope someday I have a kid and he loves it just as much as I do and it serves him as well as it served me all these years. Before I got it, it was used to haul wagons of Watermelons on a farm in my home town. It’s funny I’ve talked to guys that drove it growing up and they all have had great similar stories of the old Ford!

• Pierce Arrow, when you give them your truck, tell them to LEAVE IT TI HELL ALONE. It does NOT need ac, a 1000 watt stereo, or a big motor and automatic tranny. Make them promise to leave it as they got it. Anything they change or add will only diminish the reliability.

• As some of you guys know, I’m a big classic car guy, this was the truck that started it all for me. It’s a 1951 Ford F-3. I paid $750 for it when I was 16 and no joke it’s the best running vehicle I have ever owned. I think a great deal Of that comes from

How simple everything is. When I was doing my graduate work, I sold my daily driver to a guy that just couldn’t live without it, and rather than rush into buying another car, I went out to the stable and tried to figure out what to drive. The Model T was too slow and convertible, the 51 Dodge truck needed brakes all around and a carb rebuild, my 66 mustang is almost back together but not quite there yet. Well the old ford had sat for years not even started. I aired all the tires up, changed the fluid, gassed it up and it fired right up. I drove it for over a year every day. It never once failed me. It started in snow, rain, sun you name it. I’ve put it away time and time again but when my family has needed a dependable vehicle because one of these fancy new ones breaks down, it always steps up to the plate. I’ve remodeled two houses with it, met my wife with it, drove to the hospital to see my dying grandma in it, no matter what it’s always been there. I hope someday I have a kid and he loves it just as much as I do and it serves him as well as it served me all these years. Before I got it, it was used to haul wagons of Watermelons on a farm in my home town. It’s funny I’ve talked to guys that drove it growing up and they all have had great similar stories of the old Ford!

How's that great 'orange' Slingshot doing that you took home from Northern Indiana?

• How's that great 'orange' Slingshot doing that you took home from Northern Indiana?

it’s doing GREAT! The wife and I love it! I felt bad I was on the forums a bunch and the disappeared when we got it but we were just out riding and enjoying it. We have taken it on a few 3 hour road trips and wanted to ride out to see friends in Ohio in it before the whole Corona stuff happened. I had driven it to school a few times and it’s amazing kids think it’s an F-1 car. We get invites to events all the time from our car club friends, we have had the pleasure to go on some motorcycle rides with various groups. I would really like to find some slingshot groups to do stuff with around here. A few of our friends that ride on two wheels took us on a nice trip to Savannah IL. All in all we are loving every minute of it. The looks, and photos and stares people give never get old. My dad used to ride motorcycle and to be able to experience it with him again has been fun. Both of my parents were dead set against it, now after I have one they are wanting one. Chad was great to work with as everyone I’ve encountered here has been. He took amazing care of the sling, and I feel like I have the best one ever built. I know that’s a matter of opinion but I have yet to see another one that tickles me as much as this one does. Even more so than the old cars I have. I used to have to do a bunch of wrenching before I could enjoy an old car when the weather got nice, then something would break and I’d have to find parts and then wrench some more and just maybe get to enjoy the car a little more. I got in the slingshot this year and hit the button and BOOM fired right up. Really changed my perspective. I’ve got a 52 Ford Flathead that was a test engine donated from Ford motor company to a communicate college I used to work at. I purchased it out of the back room with the dream to build a model T roadster around it but I’m having so much fun it’s really made me re think my priorities.

I’ve done almost all the mechanical mods on it I want, still plan to do some cosmetic stuff, add the Canadian lights, I would like to go to some form

Of forced induction and been reading a lot on the forums about the pros and cons of each.

• While I'm awaiting parts for the sling I took out my other ride with a group of friends. It was a nice day. This was in the Chadds Ford area west of Philadelphia. A very nice area that I believe Ruptured Duck is now located? I keep looking out for a meansling fitted slingshot while in that area, no luck so far.

• While I'm awaiting parts for the sling I took out my other ride with a group of friends. It was a nice day. This was in the Chadds Ford area west of Philadelphia. A very nice area that I believe Ruptured Duck is now located? I keep looking out for a meansling fitted slingshot while in that area, no luck so far.

Ruptured Duck is a great guy, say hi for us if you find him. Stay safe