Reincarnation Magazine article about bolt-on electric motor system

• Great idea! I just would like people to start designing vehicles that get good mileage from the beginning. I get close to 60 mpg in my Volkswagen Jetta, yes it is the same one called out in the Volkswagen dieselgate scandal. I had to take my mods off to do the recall work that put it back to 32 miles per gallon, then return it to modded after they screwed it up. If i can make it run 60 miles on a gallon why cant the smart engineers do the same from the factory. Why in hell are we so far behind the rest of the world? Many countries have minimum milage requirments that go way beyond ours.

Why does my 3000 pound, four door, five passenger, air conditioned, heated, enclosed Jetta get 60 mpg and my 1800 pound no frills Slingshot get only 28 mpg. What is wrong with this picture?

If the gas engine in the sling gives up at some point I'm going for a 4 cylinder diesel, maybe VW, maybe other. I know I can tune the crap out of it and get great performance and stellar fuel economy.

LC

• Great idea! I just would like people to start designing vehicles that get good mileage from the beginning. I get close to 60 mpg in my Volkswagen Jetta, yes it is the same one called out in the Volkswagen dieselgate scandal. I had to take my mods off to do the recall work that put it back to 32 miles per gallon, then return it to modded after they screwed it up. If i can make it run 60 miles on a gallon why cant the smart engineers do the same from the factory. Why in hell are we so far behind the rest of the world? Many countries have minimum milage requirments that go way beyond ours.

Why does my 3000 pound, four door, five passenger, air conditioned, heated, enclosed Jetta get 60 mpg and my 1800 pound no frills Slingshot get only 28 mpg. What is wrong with this picture?

If the gas engine in the sling gives up at some point I'm going for a 4 cylinder diesel, maybe VW, maybe other. I know I can tune the crap out of it and get great performance and stellar fuel economy.

LC

And our government is worried enhanced fuel economy requirements might harm the auto industry and is considering lowering the standards, yet Consumer Reports claims our current fuel economy requirements save the average driver several thousand Dollars per year.