School Shootings

• As an aside....went to the movies tonight. Went to see Deadpool 2, rated R. The trailers beforehand....almost every single one was graphically violent. Now, don't get me wrong, I love violence as much as the next person. It has its uses. But I'm also not an impressionable teenage kid. Although, come to think of it, I loved it as a teenage kid, too....wait, what was the point I was trying to make? Oh, yeah, violence in media, Hollywood, and video games.

For example, we saw the trailer for the newest Purge movie. Interesting concept for someone with a fully developed cerebral cortex, but....scary, too.

• ........ I love violence as much as the next person. It has its uses. But I'm also not an impressionable teenage kid. Although, come to think of it, I loved it as a teenage kid, too....wait, what was the point I was trying to make? Oh, yeah, violence in media, Hollywood, and video games.

............ Interesting concept for someone with a fully developed cerebral cortex, but....scary, too.

The spark that lit the fire ........

First published in '77 but became popular in a collection of early King writings published in '85. Several of the first school shooters in the 80's and early 90's specifically referenced the book when questioned, others where found to own a copy, one said he was prompted to act because he was given a "C" on his book report for the same ...

........ bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 2 times, last by Orangeman ().

• This shooting will disappear quickly as it doesn't fit the anti gun narrative.
    Gun type not a semiautomatic so mag ban wouldn't help.
    Not an "assault" weapon AR15 ban wouldn't help.
    Age 17 years old not legal to own or posses so background check or raising the age wouldn't help.
    No fuel to keep the story alive.

• This shooting will disappear quickly as it doesn't fit the anti gun narrative.
    Age 17 years old not legal to own or posses so background check or raising the age wouldn't help.

Father who owned the guns and did not have them secured should also be held liable for this. If parents are negligent with their weapons and the kids use them ...then in my opinion they are just as guilty.

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Father who owned the guns and did not have them secured should also be held liable for this. If parents are negligent with their weapons and the kids use them ...then in my opinion they are just as guilty.
    SSreaper

I believe there is a need to hold parents accountable to a point.
    Would this also extend to other things?
    Example: Your 17 year old takes your car keys, jumps in the car and runs over his ex-girlfriend. Is the parent responsible for the act? If you kept the keys locked up it wouldn't have happened.

I dont agree. the fact it was not an assault weapon will just be used by the left in their attempt to extend current bans like we have here in california to include even more types of guns - trust me, if they can they will

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I believe there is a need to hold parents accountable to a point.Would this also extend to other things?
    Example: Your 17 year old takes your car keys, jumps in the car and runs over his ex-girlfriend. Is the parent responsible for the act? If you kept the keys locked up it wouldn't have happened.

Your right...it could be taken too far in any aspect but for guns there should be a stated law that requires them to be locked and secured when the OWNER is not around to keep them from being "BORROWED" without the owners permission.
    Then if said owner is negligent in this then they should be held responsible.
    When did accountability become just something that is just spoken about ?

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• One of the biggest issues with gun laws is the lack of prosecution. I can't begin to count the forearms violations that I wrote up that weren't filed or disappeared in plea bargains.
    Felons are caught with guns a lot and in lots of cases never charged. I don't expect parents will be charged when someone else pulls the trigger.

• One of the biggest issues with gun laws is the lack of prosecution. I can't begin to count the forearms violations that I wrote up that weren't filed or disappeared in plea bargains.
    Felons are caught with guns a lot and in lots of cases never charged. I don't expect parents will be charged when someone else pulls the trigger.

Then someone please define for me...Criminally Negligent Homicide!

@Bill Martin

• Then someone please define for me...Criminally Negligent Homicide!
    @Bill Martin

Didn’t really have much experience in criminal law —- didn’t have the stomach for it but had to eat after passing the bar. I could see a civil case going forward but no way is it criminal. Bet @Red prolly has some choice words for one of the more distasteful aspects of criminal law — PROSECUTORIAL DISCRETION <X

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Im telling you...untill people fear the consequences they will not alter their actions! Why should they?

When we allow our kids to disrespect the police and when we showcase a person who is being told what to do by a cop and they refuse so a cop has to use some sort of force to get them to comply and then we crucify the cop we are telling our kids to hell with their authority.
    When I was growing up you addressed a police officer by yes sir and no sir. We showed respect and if we didn't my father would tan my ass! The younger generation thinks they are entitled to everything instead of earning anything.

The only person to blame for the way things are now is ourselves.

SSREAPER

• Somebody said earlier we need to bring God back into our schools and really our lives...and we really do....but we also and Im sorry if I offend anybody...WE NEED TO BRING BACK ASS WHOOPINGS!!

It worked wonders on all of us!!

SSreaper

• You are so correct and add that the parents should start raising their children again teaching them respect and discipline.

• WOW!! I still have nightmares about momma telling me “go outside and cut me a switch”. Made the mistake of bringing in a really small one - after that butt whuppin I tried really hard not to have to go cut a switch but sadly I was pretty hard headed. She finally broke me of doing stupid stuff but those lessons served me well throughout life. Kids need to learn there are consequences for their actions !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• WOW!! I still have nightmares about momma telling me “go outside and cut me a switch”. Made the mistake of bringing in a really small one - after that butt whuppin I tried really hard not to have to go cut a switch but sadly I was pretty hard headed. She finally broke me of doing stupid stuff but those lessons served me well throughout life. Kids need to learn there are consequences for their actions !!!

Well @Bill Martin correct me if I am wrong but if we tried that today we would end up with DCFS and it would be child abuse?!? They would take the kids and I would be held up on charges. And we wonder why things have gone so wrong!

SSREAPER