Why we do not have a tall windshield

• Well, in an enclosed cabin like a car, you want to throw A/C on the windshield to get the fog off the inside. A/C = dry air = clear on the inside.

Fog on the outside, yeah, wipers will do it.

Heated windshield, perhaps. Might work as well as a heated rear window. Start to clear after 10 minutes or so, after which you may have died a thousand times.

Sock puppets, sure. Depending on the weather, they don't stay dry long, and once wet, only make things worse.

So, A/C + wipers + heat + a sock puppet. Or, a look OVER windshield.

• @ethermion I'm with you on the windshield. I had to buy and install a +5 for test reasons. Honestly haven't even been able to ride with it yet. It is raining today so I could test your statement..... Or stay dry and safe doing something else constructive. :thumbsup:

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• Most of the time i support the idea of to each their own or whatever floats your boat type of mentality as long as i am not paying for it but the fact some of you want to make the slingshot into a "convertible car" like machine baffles me.

Maybe the different expectations/wants come from the fact that some people are not coming into the slingshot with a motorcycle background, as someone who has been riding motorcycles for over 25ys looking through the windshield makes as much sense as riding a bike on shorts, flipflops and a tanktop, I mean you can do it but why in god's green earth would you want to.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Most of the time i support the idea of to each their own or whatever floats your boat type of mentality as long as i am not paying for it but the fact some of you want to make the slingshot into a "convertible car" like machine baffles me.

Maybe the different expectations/wants come from the fact that some people are not coming into the slingshot with a motorcycle background, as someone who has been riding motorcycles for over 25ys looking through the windshield makes as much sense as riding a bike on shorts, flipflops and a tanktop, I mean you can do it but why in god's green earth would you want to.

For me, I’m all about solving problems... personally, I wouldn’t do it. But for those wanting to, giving them a way... is well... kinda satisfying. :) *been riding/racing motorcycle’s since my youth... helmet laws suck!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• In my line of work I have one thing to remember.

It's not about what I like but what the customer likes.

Yes there are things about the SS that I think shouldn't be screwed with but welcome the creative individuality is evokes in people.

When I first got the SS I actually took the stock windshield off because to me it was the most pure form and best looking. Problem was that you eat bugs bad and at speed becomes overpowering during long runs. I need to go back and work on the supper simple diverter that can attach to the edge of the dash nacelles that solves the full force and makes it durable. Still recommend a helmet but you end up with a clean look and an enjoyable drive.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• This is one of those threads where no one is wrong in their choice. I have the F4+3 and can look over if I need to, but there is a nice mark on the passenger side where a rock impacted and sounded like a gunshot. Had the windshield not been there, it would have hit my wife in the face. I'll go the way of taller just for the protection at speed on the interstate.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Of course, it all comes down to personal choice.

My Madstad double adjusts independently on either side. Bride is a look-through lady, so her side is pulled up - her choice. Safe from rocks and gunshots.