Follow Up - Found some drips

• In my intro thread I mentioned I could smell just a slight burn smell on start up then it goes away. On several people's recommendation I started looking for leaks. I found this under what appears to be the differential.. Sick to my stomach. I'll certainly get it to the dealer as I only have till May on the warranty.. Thoughts?.. Anyone seen this before?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• @KayTwo also have your dealer check the seal on the other side as well nearest to the rear wheel....I had mine replaced but they only did the obvious one in the front of the angle drive. One day 2 weeks later I had it in the air at my buddy's shop and BAM more leakage at the second seal so back to the dealer it went!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Before you reply, I just discovered that is the Angle Drive...Is this a serious issue to have some drips?

I'm generally not big into extended warrantees...but I did with the Slingshot. If yours is still under warrantee you might want to consider this. Pulling the angle drive apart and fixing can get pretty costly. The dealers do have quite a mark up on the 3 year warrantee and there is a lot of room for discounts. FixMyToys.com
    has been offering deals....

• No kidding. Not big on extended warranties here either. But the Sling is different.

Many dealers will match FixMyToys, at 25% off. Doesn't matter where you buy it, and it is direct with Polaris - a good thing.

My angle drive did the drip drip drip, then it did dump die grind. New angle drive was $1750 without (a lot of) labor. Extended warranty is much less...

• In my intro thread I mentioned I could smell just a slight burn smell on start up then it goes away. On several people's recommendation I started looking for leaks. I found this under what appears to be the differential.. Sick to my stomach. I'll certainly get it to the dealer as I only have till May on the warranty.. Thoughts?.. Anyone seen this before?

@KayTwo also have your dealer check the seal on the other side as well nearest to the rear wheel....I had mine replaced but they only did the obvious one in the front of the angle drive. One day 2 weeks later I had it in the air at my buddy's shop and BAM more leakage at the second seal so back to the dealer it went!

My 16.5 is doing just that right now. I have a year and a half left on my warranty so I'm waiting to take it in to see if the other side starts up and save a trip. Not to mention it's winter here in the NW. You might be able to get your dealer to do both while they're on it. I wouldn't put any oil or anything on the other side to help convince them though... ;)

I don't believe that would cause the smell

Good point. No smell from there on mine.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @KayTwo also have your dealer check the seal on the other side as well nearest to the rear wheel....I had mine replaced but they only did the obvious one in the front of the angle drive. One day 2 weeks later I had it in the air at my buddy's shop and BAM more leakage at the second seal so back to the dealer it went!

@STYLN, I actually got a whole new angle drive set due to other issues, last summer. No issues since.

• What's the process for maybe someone doing this themselves? Mine has been like that for awhile and no warranty... Probably time to put some more fluid in... Royal purple, right?

Mine was starting to leak when I did the 500 mile inspection, found that i had 3 bolts just hand tight , so I tightened everything and cleaned the "leak" then put royal purple and haven't had an issue ever since.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.