2016 Slingshot headlights...

• Counting the fog lights, I am running eight full time. No problems in South Carolina or anywhere else yet.

I am running 6 full time not including the white LED'S on the front also in Virginia. The law does not apply to motorcycles in Virginia, only on cars and trucks. We do have State Inspections in Virginia.

• Do you remember what projectors you used to replace the outer headlights and what you had to do to make them fit?

Yes. I used FX-R projectors from the retrofit source.
    Bi-Xenon: Morimoto FX-R 3.0 - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source

I choose these because of the size and there's a chrome ring that holds the lens in so I didn't need to modify or use a shroud cover the projector. I believe the D2S 4.0 is a better projector but I was concerned about the finish look without a projector. The only thing is none of these projectors are meant to be mounted outside a headlight housing. That being said the projector lens could become damaged or cracked if hit with a rock over time. They're also not 100% water proof, but I'm not worried about that because I don't directly spray them when washing the slingshot and I don't drive in the rain.

As far as the installation it did take some cutting and modifying to the metal mounting piece on the slingshot. It was a lot of trial and fit and I had to make sure I left the areas for the mountains screws. Here's a pic, it's all I could find and I did clean it up and paint it before I installed it. if you have any other questions let me know

• Yes. I used FX-R projectors from the retrofit source.Bi-Xenon: Morimoto FX-R 3.0 - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source

I choose these because of the size and there's a chrome ring that holds the lens in so I didn't need to modify or use a shroud cover the projector. I believe the D2S 4.0 is a better projector but I was concerned about the finish look without a projector. The only thing is none of these projectors are meant to be mounted outside a headlight housing. That being said the projector lens could become damaged or cracked if hit with a rock over time. They're also not 100% water proof, but I'm not worried about that because I don't directly spray them when washing the slingshot and I don't drive in the rain.

As far as the installation it did take some cutting and modifying to the metal mounting piece on the slingshot. It was a lot of trial and fit and I had to make sure I left the areas for the mountains screws. Here's a pic, it's all I could find and I did clean it up and paint it before I installed it. if you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks. I haven't been happy with the output of the Slingshot only Canadian Headlights as the Polaris aiming mechanism has the Canadian lights pointing down to the ground if the outer lights are properly aimed. Been thinking about either shimming the lights for better aim or maybe even trying to mount the center units on the outside.

• Thanks. I haven't been happy with the output of the Slingshot only Canadian Headlights as the Polaris aiming mechanism has the Canadian lights pointing down to the ground if the outer lights are properly aimed. Been thinking about either shimming the lights for better aim or maybe even trying to mount the center units on the outside.

all the factory projectors no matter what year don't have that good of light output. The only way to get great light output is with an aftermarket projector. Here's a pic I found of the light output from the projectors.

• SlingMods sells the kits to add the Canadian headlights to the 2017 and newer SlingShots. The 2016.5 and older do not require the kit. All years prior to 2017 have a removable plug so you can install the Canadian lights. No additional wiring is needed.

Many States have laws that do not allow more than 4 forward facing lights to be on at any one time. 2 headlights, and when you engage HiBeam that would count as 4 lights. 2 low beam and 2 high beam. If your vehicle has Fog lights or driving lights they must automatically cancel when Hi Beams are activated. This law applies to cars/trucks and not motor cycles and is part of the reason we can get away with adding Canadian lights to our Slings.

I have the 2016.5 and my SS does require the Canadian headlight pods in order to do the Canadian Headlight Conversion. Trust me, I was all happy on a nice warm weekend, walked outside with my package of lights and tools, lifted the hood and immediately without further investigation slammed it shut! I'm still waiting on my order from Polaris for the two pods to start the install.

• I am running 6 full time not including the white LED'S on the front also in Virginia. The law does not apply to motorcycles in Virginia, only on cars and trucks. We do have State Inspections in Virginia.

Did you have to add anything? Fuse? I installed mine yesterday and was told by another forum member that theirs only works when the brights are on and not 6 full time lights.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Did you have to add anything? Fuse? I installed mine yesterday and was told by another forum member that theirs only works when the brights are on and not 6 full time lights.

Here is what I have, I changed the wiring so they are all bright without adding or changing fuses. I had the original recall done so.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch