• how many of you SS owners has tackled the under chassis glow lights ? WOW how cool is this .i talked to several dealers not a one said they had done this upgrade .but felt they could but they wanted like 300.00 labor so i had done this on my other toys .i bought the pro super bright strips run around 33.00 for a pair i put 15 under the unit then the blue accent lights on the inside .this was one of the most aggravating jobs i ever tackled in my life .nothing easy to get to on this thing but outcome was worth ever cuss word .

• how many of you SS owners has tackled the under chassis glow lights ? WOW how cool is this .i talked to several dealers not a one said they had done this upgrade .but felt they could but they wanted like 300.00 labor so i had done this on my other toys .i bought the pro super bright strips run around 33.00 for a pair i put 15 under the unit then the blue accent lights on the inside .this was one of the most aggravating jobs i ever tackled in my life .nothing easy to get to on this thing but outcome was worth ever cuss word .

did mine myself also. Cost about $60 and a few hours of labor. Biggest pain in the butt was getting the zipties around the bottom frame. We ended up making a tool that was a lot of help. Saved us a few hours!

Great work, it looks good!

• thanks man how did u get out for 60 bucks mine was over 250.00 from walmart but the 3 time brighter pro series are expensive i put 2 of the white strips on front of my jet skis and man they light up the lake in case we get caught out after dark got the rocker arm switches from wal mart also fit the accessory holes perfect i just hate they light up red instead of blue .

• I only did exterior and have interior on my long list of things that need to get done. I got 2 sets of lights off of EBay for $45. Each set has 2 36 inch and 2 24 inch strips. They fit absolutely perfect on the chassis.Weather protected etc. Then $15 for zip ties gorilla glue and wire loom.

• I only did exterior and have interior on my long list of things that need to get done. I got 2 sets of lights off of EBay for $45. Each set has 2 36 inch and 2 24 inch strips. They fit absolutely perfect on the chassis.Weather protected etc. Then $15 for zip ties gorilla glue and wire loom.

Here is a diagram of how I laid it out.

Orange: Put a 24 inch string on the top and and bottom of the support to have the light reflect through the grill and hit the ground.
    Red and Green: Where the 36 inch strips were placed
    Blue: Where the last 2 24 inch strips.

Ran the wiring clean and along the frame of the engine. Have the FM controlers in the glove box and they work off the one remote. Tapped the glovebox 12v Cig Lighter for power.

• I ended up doing my own LEDs. Nothing against those kits you can buy online...but you get more bang for your buck when you buy bulk units of JUST LED strips!!! Most fun I have had in a long time!!!! The thought of putting my own little twist on lighting up the Sling is intoxicating!!

I got another bag or two of goodies in the mail a few weeks ago. Looks like I will be doing some more!!!! Anybody can put lights on their Sling. The trick is, making sure the wiring is well hidden and the lights are tastefully done.

All in all, I have probably close to $400, or so, throughout the process. But, I probably have enough rolls of LEDs to outfit a couple of more Slingshots!!!! Shot me a PM if you are interested in some ideas, or need some not-so-technical help with your projects!!!! Happy to share the knowledge!!!!!!

• I ended up doing my own LEDs. Nothing against those kits you can buy online...but you get more bang for your buck when you buy bulk units of JUST LED strips!!! Most fun I have had in a long time!!!! The thought of putting my own little twist on lighting up the Sling is intoxicating!!

I got another bag or two of goodies in the mail a few weeks ago. Looks like I will be doing some more!!!! Anybody can put lights on their Sling. The trick is, making sure the wiring is well hidden and the lights are tastefully done.

All in all, I have probably close to $400, or so, throughout the process. But, I probably have enough rolls of LEDs to outfit a couple of more Slingshots!!!! Shot me a PM if you are interested in some ideas, or need some not-so-technical help with your projects!!!! Happy to share the knowledge!!!!!!

where did you get the wheel lights orndidnyou create yourself? I have been looking at those, but they are expensive.

Let's be honest. You didn't put your own swing on, you set the benchmark. They are better than any I have ever seen.

• where did you get the wheel lights orndidnyou create yourself? I have been looking at those, but they are expensive.

Sadly, I actually bought those from a Vendor from another Forum. Big mistake! The Hoops are soooo darn easy to fabricate on your own. At the time, I didn't know how easily they could be made. Didn't find that out until I actually received them. LEDs that came with the unit were not that bright, either. Shoot me a PM, and I'll tell you who sold me the hoops.

• Slow down, killer. Don't need you ripping any stitches. :00008172:

TRUE!!!!! But I figured my head would be pressed so hard to the back of the seat, I really wouldn't have to worry too much about my neck being snapped off!!!! I heard his boosted engine is "kinda" fast!!!!!!! :00008356:

• TRUE!!!!! But I figured my head would be pressed so hard to the back of the seat, I really wouldn't have to worry too much about my neck being snapped off!!!! I heard his boosted engine is "kinda" fast!!!!!!! :00008356:

Kinda, yes. But you aren't, so you're probably safe to go drive it. I just wouldnt accept a ride in the passenger seat.

• Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll just have to remember that advice when I see you soonish.

Hey, I would totally ride with you. I was honored you let me drive it, and I know I didn't do it justice. I just don't want John to bite off more than he can chew...he is an OSHA inspector, you know.