ECU Tuning MEFI PRO

• http://www.mefipro.com/index-mpro2.html

Anyone has looked into this yet??

Very interested to know if the license is limited to working on one SS or not...

Finaly a way to fine tune our turbo kits, that is good, but at 1K, I hope to be able to amortize the expense with 2 friends who are building turbo SS in my region.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

Its coded to a single ECU and no good unless you happen to have a dyno in your garage and a tuner who knows what they are doing on retainer .....

or not....

Otherwise its a $1000 to watch the pretty numbers flash across your laptop screen .......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Yeah ok, then it makes no sense.

Too bad, if they would have sold this as a open tuner tool, a tuner could amortize it on multiple tunes, but for 1k per slingshot its ridiculus... Might as well just put the ECU in the trash and go with a full open ecu instead.

Again vendor greed scraps an interesting product for us. Starting to see a patern here...

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• I know it wouldn't let you mess with any of the Polaris equipment such as Traction Control or Yaw sensor activation or even ABS. I'm just curious if it will allow full control of every aspect and parameter of the ECU??? I have access to a dyno so it would be worth it to me to pay around 550.00 or so. But I agree 1000.00 is just to expensive. Even if you bought this and thought you could squeeze another 10hp out over the regular Hahn Or Alpha tune. Would 10 HP be worth $1000.00? For me, nope.
    And is this Bob at MEFI. I am looking at all this on my phone and it looked like a different address than Bob at MEFI....

• @rabtech no its not Bob's Mefiburn. I had just talked to Bob this week about realeasing a public version of his tuning software and he told me he had no intention of doing that for the moment.

If this product was around 500$ OR at least not limited to one ECU, it would be insteresting, but 1k for 1 SS to tune, considering you still need to take it to a tuner and rent a dyno so all in all what that 1k gives you really is not having to swap the ECU.

Unfortunatly for whoever made this software, you get a much better ECU for 2k so 1k just to save the stock ECU is stupid.

On the other "side" they argue that its still cheaper than sending the ECU to Bob for reflash, but this is a stupid argument, as Bob doesn't charge for a reflash, and 500$ gets you a fully fonctional tune, which the purchase of this software and cable doesn't. Also, not many guys will be tweeking the tune every week for even in that scenario it makes no fiancial sense.

Just cheap money grabing in my opinion.

Again, too bad, really. All this does in reality is validate that Bob's 500$ tune is a good price for 99% of Slingshot owners.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• Yes