Prayers needed for the Beach Boy!!!

• I don't know why I'm posting this. It was not what I had planned for a Valentine's Day. I'm really having a rough time right now, but please don't think this is a cry for sympathy and/or prayers. Maybe just getting it out and seeing it may help try to understand why bad things happen to us bad people.

Pain has forced me to go back to the doctor's office today. I had just finished the antibiotics and was looking forward to getting my muscles working and pains go away. Unfortunately,the big picture didn't have the same plans for me. The infection has not been eradicated. It's still in the leg and now both feet. I was almost unable to walk with the pain in my right foot. Here's the skinny. The infection MAY have started to attack the bones in the foot starting with the big toe. I'm back on antibiotics and have to have blood work done in the morning. Also, since I had so much fluid build-up in the leg, they had me on a LOT of lasik to drain the fluids. Seems that Lasik can cause higher than normal uric acid levels, so the redness, swelling and pain from the big toe MAY just be Gout. So in addition to having blood drawn tomorrow, I'm having an x-ray to see if they can determine just what is or are going on. The one thing the doctor did say to ease my mind was that they would not be talking about removing toes or any other parts. Let's hope she's right. So just when I had my mind set for continued improvements, this gut blasting setback comes. Not looking for sympathy as i said, but when does this shit end?

The only good thing is I've heard rumors that some big Coonass might be spending tomorrow night in his Lake Charles bed. I'm pulling for you Bill and Angie. You both have had one nasty start to the new year. Let's hope you have a smashing success for the last 10 1/2 months.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I pushed like but not because I like your situation. I like that you feel comfortable enough with the people on this forum to share what is going on. You have my prayers and sincere hope that this is only minor setback and you will soon turn the corner and improve quickly. God bless and get better.

• @funinthesun and I have kinda been each others support group since we both had a really crappy start to 2018. We THOUGHT things were going our way as they are cutting me loose tomorrow and the plan was Phil and I would continue to recover together. I pray he does not have an infection in the bone - I had that and it is a bitch to get rid of. All of us are gettin older and are gonna need each other to lean on from time to time. This right here is what makes this the best forum on the net !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Sorry to hear you are in pain Phil, keeping you in my prayers. Lets hope the Doctor was just giving you worse case scenario.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• FITS keep your head up. Stay strong and when you don't feel you have the strength lean on us. The recovery process will take longer than the infection took to take hold. Trust in our prayers and do what the doctor says and you'll be be having fun in the sun soon. If you need to talk to forget some crap for a few moments i can regale you with fascinating stories from the insurance or photography world just say the word and you can have my phone number and access to all that 24/7/365

• @funinthesun, you don't have to apologize or feel bad for giving us an update on your situation, even if things are temporarily in a downturn. That's what we're here for.

Interesting bit of psychology, one that I picked up when studying the effects of grief and PTSD on officers involved in a police shooting. Joy, when shared, is multiplied. People share the good feelings and it picks them up. Grief or pain, when shared, is divided. People take part of the load and help carry the weight.

So, basically, Phil, we need to hear the good and the bad. Don't apologize for letting your friends know what's going on with you.

Hope the tests today come back with some news that help the docs figure out a good attack plan, and hope the antibiotics start taking effect. Hang in there, brother.

• I just stopped and said another prayer for you! The only advice I can give is this.... refrain from saying "It surely can't get worse," or anything like that. At times (at least for me) that becomes a challenge for whatever is going wrong. I know it's discouraging, but this too shall pass!

• @funinthesun go ahead and pretend I wrote the same thing as @KayTwo, just remove the "studying..." Part. Well said Jared. ;)

Getting back on antibiotics should go a long way. Get well brother.

• REAL BUMMER TODAY!!! Dr said infection was going down but I need another week of antibiotics to completely kill it. That will make a month in the hospital - like I said bone infections ain’t no joke - don’t EVER get one!!

• REAL BUMMER TODAY!!! Dr said infection was going down but I need another week of antibiotics to completely kill it. That will make a month in the hospital - like I said bone infections ain’t no joke - don’t EVER get one!!

Well at least it is mixed news not all bad.
    Look at the bright side!
    You would think that by now they have had enough of you and would want you out of there.

Hang in there my friend we will be toasting with Root Beer before yo know it

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Well at least it is mixed news not all bad.Look at the bright side!
    You would think that by now they have had enough of you and would want you out of there.

Hang in there my friend we will be toasting with Root Beer before yo know it

Imma still holding that Crater Lake Root Beer for ya!!

Maybe if you took better care of your boner and used it more, you wouldn't get an infection...

Wait, what were we talking about?

Keep healing up, brother Bill.