• AS A NEW SLINGSHOT OWNER IT DIDN'T TAKE ME LONG TO FIND DRAWBACKS ,ONE WAS NO BATTERY TENDER .SOLVED THAT LITTLE PROBLEM RIGHT AWAY GO TO WAL-MART GET A BATTERY TENDER JUNIOR IT WORKS AS A CHARGER THEN TRICKLE CHARGE I HOOKED THE BATTERY CONNECTOR WITH THE PART THAT ATTACHES TO BATTERY POST POST.. RAN THE CABLE THROUGH COVER IT HAS A WATER PROOF COVER THAT GOES OVER CONNECTOR .
    NEXT BLIND SPOTS IN REAR CANT SEE WHATS BEHIND YOU .SO I BOUGHT A TAG MOUNTED BACK UP CAMERA WITH LED LIGHTS INSTEAD OF HOOKING IT TO YOUR REVERSE I ADDED A ROCKER ARM SWITCH TO ACCESSORY PORT .I ALREADY HAD A 7" MONITOR FROM BACKUP CAMERA I TOOK OFF MY TRUCK I MOUNTED THIS TO WINDSHIELD SUPPORT ..THUS I FLIP A SWITCH AND SEE WHAT IS BEHIND ME AT ALL TIMES ..U CAN GET WHOLE KIT OFF EBAY AROUND 40-50 BUCKS FOR SMALL MONITOR... IF U JUST NEED TAG CAMERA LIKE ME..I PAID I THINK AROUND 10 BUCKS CHEAP FIX TO POSSIBLY AVOID A BAD ACCIDENT ..

• Cool! An old COBOL programmer - where EVERYTHING was in caps.

No harm, no foul for that.

And, yes, rear visibility (especially right rear) is horrendous. Happy to hear others are finding solutions. I use my wife for rear visibility - she has eyes in the back of her head. Quite a bit more expensive, but works very well.

Learning to trust the side view mirrors helps, though that took me about 1 year.

• Convex side view mirrors from Slingshotonly make a night and day difference!

I remember my first drive home on the FWY after buying my Slingshot - didnt feel comfortable at all and avoided changing lanes as much as I could. After getting home I got the side view mirrors adjusted to where now I have no problem at all, but the convex mirrors are still on my wish list. as to a battery tender, my sling is my daily driver so that is a non issue for me.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• LETS SETTLE THIS ----about caps .i use caps mostly because i am 72 yr my sight isn't as good as it once was so caps makes it easier for me ......,to me who ever came up with this stupid caps on was yelling..... to me is idiotic .if i were yelling it would be in how the message was constructed any one with half an ounce brain can figure that out i can't figure who in the heck should give a crap .if caps was on or not . i hope the person who is bringing this up keeps their 20/20 in their old age .yes i am 72 but going on 21 you are only old as you act .people especially in my family are saying act your age why would you want this thing .it looks like its from outer space .and its a rocket on 3 wheels . i guess i should act my age and get a 3 wheel wheel chair ..and to add to the sling shot discussion i was a design engineer my job was to come up with solutions .to what ever problems which may arise within the dept .so you bet ill work on every hick up this ss throws at me ..have a bless day

• Hi moondoggy....welcome to the SS club......

Here is a link for everything SS...slingshot...they have lots of my money.. LOL

https://www.slingmods.com/inde…duct/search&search=Mirror

I have the convex side mirrors that helped and I also have a rear view mirror attached to my roof and I just bought a convex mirror for it but it’s not installed yet...

There are several rear view mirror options....

I Had MY Ear PluGS in SO iT sOUnds LIke thIS ....

Never had a problem seeing anything to the sides or behind .....most that do never took advantage of the mirrors full adjustment range... they only adjusted the glass ....

Center the mirror glass on the mirror head .....

Loosen the bolt that secures the mirror to the frame ....

Sit in the driver seat and adjust the entire mirror..not the mirror glass..angle until you can see behind you ....

Tighten the mirror mounting bolt ...

Fine tune the adjustment at the mirror glass .....

......... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• @Moondoggie you can also increase the font size of your post by clicking the small 'a' with an up and down arrow next to it on the toolbar that appears at the top of the box of your reply, then choosing a larger font size. This is 14 but you can go up to 36. Your not the only 'old doggie' here - many of us benefit from larger type!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @Moondoggie you can also increase the font size of your post by clicking the small 'a' with an up and down arrow next to it on the toolbar that appears at the top of the box of your reply, then choosing a larger font size. This is 14 but you can go up to 36. Your not the only 'old doggie' here - many of us benefit from larger type!

@Moondoggie adjust the font to 36 AND THEN put the CAPS on! That would be epic!!! tongue-squaredlaugh-squared

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Yep, that is the instructions that I put on the forum years ago, and it works

• Small stick on convex mirrors I bought at the local auto parts solved the right side blind spot. It was one of my first mods. Cheap, and quick.

Agree with @jorgebri60, I just picked up a pair of small circular stick-on convex mirrors at the auto parts store. Knowing that everything gets marked up if it says "Slingshot" on it, I wasn't about to pay $100 for a mirror! :P

• Agree with @jorgebri60, I just picked up a pair of small circular stick-on convex mirrors at the auto parts store. Knowing that everything gets marked up if it says "Slingshot" on it, I wasn't about to pay $100 for a mirror!

Went that way almost right from the beginning and you are correct, works pretty well. The $100 mirrors on the other hand are so much better that they are worth every penny, INMHO :thumbsup:

4 Wheels move the body, 3 Wheels move the soul!