helmets - do you use one? and if yes what do you use?

• We live in SC and travel all the time into NC. We have never been stopped and have passed many state and local police. I think it just depends on the officer at the time.

While playing on the dragon in TN, they will pull you over for no helmet. In GA, we have gone down there many times and have had no problems but friends of ours who live down there got one ticket but got it tossed out in court. To this day they still ride with no helmet.

Unfortunately there isn't much storage on these. Otherwise I would keep a brain bucket for warmer weather and full face for the rain/cold weather.

• I will wear a helmet on longer rides and just a cap while tooling around in town. I've been through several traffic check points without a helmet and all I get are questions about the Sling. One trooper at a Starbucks told me he would not ticket a driver for not wearing a helmet, especially if sporting a roof. The downside on all of this is some insurance companies will balk on coverage if you are in an accident while not wearing a helmet and sustain a head injury.

• I go without a helmet when I have the meansling top on and I just wear a ball cap, without the top the cap will not stay on very long so I still use my little 1/2 helmet, to be honest it is actually a bit cooler with the helmet than it is with the ball cap, lets the air circulate better

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I go without a helmet when I have the meansling top on and I just wear a ball cap, without the top the cap will not stay on very long so I still use my little 1/2 helmet, to be honest it is actually a bit cooler with the helmet than it is with the ball cap, lets the air circulate better

Try a bicycle helmet, someone from Georgia turned me on to this one. The one I have even has a shaded magnetic visor

• I have a collection of helmets now and like my full one that the colors match my Slingshot. Most of the time I wear the full clear shield down just far enough to ger a good air flow into the helmet. The two vents are worthless. I am a little concerned about post about broken necks in a collision so may go back to a half helmet. I do like my ball cap better and have a clip on chin strap. Being a little Redneck I am not adverse to turning it around backwards when going over 55.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• One full, one 3/4 and one half. Mandatory in NJ. Which one depends on the weather. I would wear one anyway. I've been "clocked" by debris at speed a few times. Who knows what would have happened if I were not wearing a helmet. Plus I use the Cardo packtalk bold intercom system in all my helmets. It connects with blue tooth for great stereo sound or intercom communication with up to 18 riders.