es-designworks.com

• One thing that was done on the big blaster at work and I did the same to mine was to add a small hole metal screen mesh over the inside of the glass. Very easy to see through and it knocks down the sand before it hits the glass. The glass stays real clean and lasts so much longer

• One thing that was done on the big blaster at work and I did the same to mine was to add a small hole metal screen mesh over the inside of the glass. Very easy to see through and it knocks down the sand before it hits the glass. The glass stays real clean and lasts so much longer

Have you any clue what size mesh was used? That sounds like something I'd like to try on my cabinet.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Thank You!

I will give that a try. I go through a lot of the stick on lenses. For the work I do it is imperative that I be thorough and to do that I have to be able to see what I am blasting.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I don't use my blaster a lot but my glass has been in use for 8-10 yrs and still very clear. The ones where I worked got used daily and the glass might have got changed every couple of yrs. it works give it a try, just make sure the screen is off the glass about 1/4 inch. The idea is it knocks the blast material down before it hits the glass. Most of the time the material is bouncing off something and not hitting the glass with a direct hit so it's coming from an angle and that's when the screen plays into it. Hope it helps for you

• ^^^ A pro-tip I will be sure to utilize ~> thanks everyone for the insight on this. :thumbup: I think I’ll need to upgrade the lighting (it’s kinda dark now, but with the screen on, I think it’ll be necessary). I will post pics when I finish everything else on the “to-do” list... LOL

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I am only blasting small parts from time to time ~> and yes, I know it's going to make a bigtime mess (all sandblasters are messy from my experience) ~> I am putting a lot of faith in this vacuum though (bought it based on reviews... apparently, this one gets the job done). We shall see... we shall see! 8|

Speaking from experience mostly if you never beat on the bag inside your garage there will be very little dust. But believe me that the bag "WILL" plug up with dust. We had the big cabinet about 4x4x4 foot and the large bag about 6 foot tall 24 inch dia. We used 2 or 3 bags a year but that was blasting from 8 to 20 hours a week.

^^^ A pro-tip I will be sure to utilize ~> thanks everyone for the insight on this. :thumbup: I think I’ll need to upgrade the lighting (it’s kinda dark now, but with the screen on, I think it’ll be necessary). I will post pics when I finish everything else on the “to-do” list... LOL

We had the small Flourscent, I forget the number. 1/2 to 3/4 Dia. about and I think 16 or 18 inch long. We probably used 1 50 lb. bag of glass beads a month. Changed the window glass maybe once a year. The light hole was cut into the cabinet with clear plastic covering the hole with the light mounted behind it and on a separate switch. I want to say the cabinet was a Henderson at about $5,000 I was told when a friend tried to buy one. He found another brand, same size I think $1,800 this was 20 years ago.

• Speaking from experience mostly if you never beat on the bag inside your garage there will be very little dust. But believe me that the bag "WILL" plug up with dust. We had the big cabinet about 4x4x4 foot and the large bag about 6 foot tall 24 inch dia. We used 2 or 3 bags a year but that was blasting from 8 to 20 hours a week.

We had the small Flourscent, I forget the number. 1/2 to 3/4 Dia. about and I think 16 or 18 inch long. We probably used 1 50 lb. bag of glass beads a month. Changed the window glass maybe once a year. The light hole was cut into the cabinet with clear plastic covering the hole with the light mounted behind it and on a separate switch. I want to say the cabinet was a Henderson at about $5,000 I was told when a friend tried to buy one. He found another brand, same size I think $1,800 this was 20 years ago.

Mine is el-cheap-o compared to that... WOW. The good news is, I can fit an entire wheel in mine. So if I ever decide to fix up some rims, I should be good! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Mine is el-cheap-o compared to that... WOW. The good news is, I can fit an entire wheel in mine. So if I ever decide to fix up some rims, I should be good! :thumbup:

The longest two pieces I ever had in the blast cabinet was the front valence of a 48 Ford and the rear brake line from a 68 Camero