Superchargers vs. Turbos, again, part 2

• So are people doing engine component upgrades to prevent damage. If so the price just keeps going up. You pass the point of...is it really worth it. Sure I can understand the fun factor from driving that Mini Cooper. But I’m having fun as it is....

My SS is going to be upside down in value now because of all my mods..and financing ....until I make the last payment.

• So are people doing engine component upgrades to prevent damage. If so the price just keeps going up. You pass the point of...is it really worth it. Sure I can understand the fun factor from driving that Mini Cooper. But I’m having fun as it is....

My SS is going to be upside down in value now because of all my mods..and financing ....until I make the last payment.

Then keep it the way you have it. Few of us who have gone boosted regret doing so, unless we wish we'd done it sooner. I was worried about blowing up my stock engine and not having the funds to replace it, so I'm happy with what I bought.

• Then keep it the way you have it. Few of us who have gone boosted regret doing so, unless we wish we'd done it sooner. I was worried about blowing up my stock engine and not having the funds to replace it, so I'm happy with what I bought.

You can replace 6 stock engines for the price of the cheapest TC kit. Go Boosted and give it hell! It'll tell you when it can't take it any more. LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

just like every vehicle I ever bought new my slingshot was upside down the second I drove it off the lot - I dont buy vehicles as investments, I buy them for transportation or in the case of my Slingshot I bought it because it is the most fun vehicle I have even owned and the mods I add may make it more upside down, but they also make it even more fun - Heck, by the time I am done with it I expect it will be close to worthless

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I bought the slingshot because I thought it would be a fun build
    Never expected it to hold or gain value

Its most value is in the smiles and giggles I get when I drive it
    It wasn't an investment it was a performance vehicle and I intend to drive it until it is nothing but scrap metal.

I could have built another classic car - would have spent much more money and drove it a lot less

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I’ve pretty much made up my mine that this will be my first and last SS....so I’m making it mine....don’t really expect to boost it unless in hit the lottery..

I can relate - boosting is not something that is in my budget and even if it were I dont think it would be a good idea with the Slingshot being my daily driver. As far as performance mods go I am inclined to stick with mods that improve the ride and handling. I may not ever be able to compete in a straight line, but I think I can do okay in the twisties and keep it much more budget friendly

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I bought the slingshot because I thought it would be a fun build
    Never expected it to hold or gain value

Its most value is in the smiles and giggles I get when I drive it
    It wasn't an investment it was a performance vehicle and I intend to drive it until it is nothing but scrap metal.

I could have built another classic car - would have spent much more money and drove it a lot less

I have the 35 Ford that needs a little money spent on it, but I keep spending the extra money on the Slingshot. It is a lot more fun.

• I absolutely bought my Slingshot as an investment - in myself. You work your a$$ off for so many years and you deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labors.

(No fruit jokes @Ross and @KayTwo - WAY too easy!)

There's a song in there somewhere.

Sling looow
    sweet fruits of labor
    slingshot gonna carry me home..

Sliing low
    sweet fruits of labor
    slinshot's gonna carry me home

Yeah that's the ticket!

• @SlingLow 's new unisex rain suit...

Can't get enough unisex! Wait, is that good...?

what no fruit

I said no fruit jokes. Man! (She's kinda cute. Is she over 18? No? What kind of perv sites are you visiting?

Don't quit your day job...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm a noob when it comes to TC and SC, and maybe there was something about a 1/4, 1/2 or whatever, but in order to get more power or less power from either of them, there are things you can do and or change to do so. To my knowledge, there is no 1/4 or 1/2, it's just as @BKL describes. In order to turn either up, you need to adjust the boost pressure and both can be adjusted, just by different means. An engine can only handle so much though. I know many who are running the stock engine with 10 PSI on a supper charger. I did decide to roll the dice and put my TC at 10 PSI, but I also normally drive with my RPMs at 3K too and if needing to punch the gas, I'll downshift first in order to ride the RPMs higher. Now... what I do like about TC is the fact that no boost pressure = stock engine. SC is always blowing, no? I like the ability to control when I want the boost, but when it comes on, it comes on strong... or that is how I would describe it. I've never driven a SC, so only speaking to what I've been told.

PS... sorry this post may be way late as I refreshed the page and there's a whole other page of comments. Haven't been on here in a week and thought it odd. Now back to reading.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• See what happens when you are gone for a week. You miss all sorts of fun. Good songs, unisex and rain gear too!

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates