We're throwing it out there - a Group Buy for our SST SlingShot Turbosystems!
We're doing two tiers of pricing. If we achieve five participants, the discount will be a particular amount, but if we are fortunate enough to get ten, the discount will go deeper for all ten customers.
How we'll work it: we'll take orders at the five-quantity price. If by the target completion date, we have less than ten participants, the Group Buy will be at the lower discount. If we are fortunate, and the tenth does throw down, we'll invoke the higher discount for all ten orders, and immediately refund the difference to the first nine participants.
To keep this democratic where you customers are concerned, we'll also poll you if we get to the target date and ten participants have not been realized. The poll will be simple...do we wait for more members (for instance, wait another week), or instead move forward at the lower discount and thus end the Group Buy? I'll do whatever the customer group wishes in that regard. It will be a majority vote. I well realize that those who find themselves in the minority may wish other outcomes. I won't rule anything out, we'll work it out to suit as many as possible. I'll do whatever I can to stop anyone from leaving the Group, but I have to also be fair and equitable to all. That said, while we do consider joining the group to be an implied obligation, there is no actual legal obligation to proceed if you and I can't come to a mutually beneficial agreement under such a circumstance. Should the group's majority decision not suit you, and we can't come to an individual agreement, a money-back no-hassle guarantee is your assurance of confidence.
To get the ball rolling, I'd like interested prospects to share their thoughts regarding timeframe aspects of the Group Buy. I had considered, as a starting point, 30 days to the target completion date, with 30 days to then build and ship. I'm interested in feedback from possible prospects on this aspect as we set the tone and light the fuse on the Group Buy.
A suggestion by @Orangeman also caught my interest: a money-back guarantee of making the delivery date, in that for every week we are late, an additional 5% savings to you is realized. I like this feature because it sets specific goals that are also specifically driven...by cash! I consider NOT paying this penalty as a "completion bonus" for Hahn RaceCraft
60 days may seem an eternity, but for the substantial savings, I'm confident it will be worth it. If we pull the trigger this weekend, that means product will be in everyone's hands by mid-March, still well in time for the riding season for many of us. Florida and other warm environ customers who want to boost right now...pay full price! Sorry, my fellow warm weather residents, the only way to get in on this level of savings is to hang tough for a while with this Group Buy.
I also have a further teaser...we've just upgraded a significant component of the TurboSystem, and all of these orders will include this new refinement! Info on this to surface very shortly.
So let's hear some feedback, on timeframe and otherwise. If you are interested, and you have questions on the product or the Group Buy process, you can ask them here, or contact me via PM if you'd prefer.
Pricing to follow once we have a basic format laid out, likely to occur in the next day or two. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!