Tricled slingwingz

• This will be the first Carolina summer with the SS. Yesterday was 91 and I must admit the wife was less than comfy due to heat in the cockpit. Not necessarily from the foot well, but primarily due to low air circulation where she sits. She's smaller in stature and the wind from the stock shield nearly misses her entirely. My question is if anyone has the slingwingz installed. Do you think this would help get her some fresher air? Are they worth $200? Finally, how do they mount? Looks like you have to drill the body of the SS. Is that correct?

Thanks guys for any input.

When your dreams at night disappoint you because your reality kicks their ass...you know you have figured out life.

• I have them and it work great to redirect air in. However near the feet it doesn't seem to do a whole lot. Yes you have to drill four holes and put in screws that go all the way through. No big deal. I have no regrets on them at all

• This will be the first Carolina summer with the SS. Yesterday was 91 and I must admit the wife was less than comfy due to heat in the cockpit. Not necessarily from the foot well, but primarily due to low air circulation where she sits. She's smaller in stature and the wind from the stock shield nearly misses her entirely. My question is if anyone has the slingwingz installed. Do you think this would help get her some fresher air? Are they worth $200? Finally, how do they mount? Looks like you have to drill the body of the SS. Is that correct?

Thanks guys for any input.

We have the SlingWingz and we love them
    you can adjust them so that no air hits you or so that a ton of air
    hits you - have to drill two holes in a body panel -
    they are definitely a quality made piece - have stainless steel hardware - they come clear or tinted - we have the tint and it goes well with our F4 Customs +5 clear windscreen
    there are also Baker-Wings, but they clamp to the windscreen, and we were weary that being clamped that they might cause the windscreen to vibrate/shake from air turbulence

..................................... tom n carol

• @EjFord has Baker wings he can add to this conversation...personally I am going with the MadStad windshield...according to those in the know it gives you the most control of air circulation and buffeting is pretty much nonexistent @Bill Martin and @Cameron Roberts have it and live it

• I have the F4 tinted 5+ with Baker 'Air Wings' and have put 25,000+ miles on the Slingshot with that combination.

When Bruce Baker installed the wings at his shop we did a test ride and added
    some bracing (washer type to hold the windshield snug.)

I will send you a set of the metal braces if you 'pm' me you
    name, address, phone.

A number of us have funneled some fresh air in

Hard to see funneled air in pics...At SSITS some of the guys
    will have this done. I will be their Tue thru Sat.

• I have the Madstad adjustable and the sling wings. I think they're both quality items. Of course 200 is too much for the sling wings. They really do work, though. You can also mount them pretty much wherever you want. I've seen people with them mounted lower and expect that could bring more air to the feet.

• Holly and I will be at SSITS on Wednesday and Thursday. Looking forward to seeing some of the "funneling" options. I am really leaning MadStad. A lot of the reviews look solid. If Im dropping 200 on wings might as well double it and get the whole shield lol. Today, I rode a good bit shieldless and it was actually nice up to about 55mph. It was actually surprising how much nicer it is with clean air vs the buffeting from the stock blade.

We shall see. Thank you guys a lot for all of the help.

When your dreams at night disappoint you because your reality kicks their ass...you know you have figured out life.