Hahn/QA1 Spherical Coilovers "Shocking Seven" Quick Group Buy!

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Our first sale of the year is on, and unlike our previous Group Buys for our popular Hahn/QA1 Coilovers, which have been for 15 or even 20 participants, this time we're going for a much smaller number so as to hasten the process. All we need this time is SEVEN players in order to offer the nicely discounted price of $749 for Double Adjustable, and $949 for Triple Adjustable! That's a savings of $150 - $200 depending on which model you get.

Once we have the seven orders, we will process the Group. The kits are already being built at QA1, and are expected to ship in about a week, which is about how long I suspect it will take us to get the seven orders. Not too aggressive of a goal, that's just an average of one order a day. Colors other than silver can add up to a week of lead time for powder coating.

Just use the discount code of "double" for Double Adjustable, and "triple" for Triple Adjustable at checkout, and get in on the Shocking Seven buy!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO OR TO PLACE YOUR ORDER!

• ******BOOM!!!!!!!!******
    Done!!!!!!! Finally getting these badass mofo's!!!!!!!!
    (Thanks for the "heads up" Phil!!!!!)
    :thumbsup::thumbup:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Jared, I'm pretty sure Rnj12 walked away from this place for the most part. He did get in on the last QA1 from Bill though, and loves the shocks! His last activity on here was Dec 13th. He messaged me and told me he was trying to really reduce his posts on here, then later said he was stopping altogether. Personally, I hate that. I liked him, and felt he had something to offer here like any of the rest of us. I have no way to contact him other than here though, and I don't know that he's even reading things on here while not logged in.

Anyone can read what's put up here, but the active ones that post are why we all keep coming back. If there were few posts in a day or a week, we could be called TDS2..... and few would visit. :00008084:

• I have a few stupid questions so please forgive me, but I am new to the game here. How much better are these than the stock shocks? What do the spring bearing do? Does the blue match the Navy blue on the 2017 model?

The improvement is substantial, and is essentially attributable to the relatively inexpensive nature of the stock coilover shocks, which are a concession to economy. Additionally, the ability to adjust ride firmness to suit one's particular preferences is something the factory shocks are incapable of.

If we use customer testimonials as an indicator of the improvement, I am not exaggerating when I relate that the degree of delight expressed is substantial, not only in ride quality, but also handling prowess. The machine is more comfortable, and decidedly more capable.

Spring bearings are called for by those customers who expect to adjust the ride height regularly. The bearings allow a smoother, easier adjustment of the spring positions. By far, most customers just run the ride height the way we send them, which is pre-set to stock ride height. However, for a few, they like to make that adjustment from time to time, and the spring bearings allow for less effort, as the spring pressure does tend to exert some force upon the spring seats.

The blue we use is a great match!

• - Night and Day- No comparison
    - You will regret it for the rest of your life that you didn't order them the day you bought your Slingshot.

How's that? :D:P

Hey Jared, fixed it for you!

Also, less rattles (at least on mine), a much better ride when you choose it, better handling when you want it. Best part is, the feedback and feel makes it like you just are really driving it for the first time...

• Thanks guys! You could of just said just buy the damn shocks and you wont regret it you idiot.

Buy the damn shocks you idiot......
    You won't regret it.
    I bought a set on the first offering Bill did, but I let them sit on the floor for 4 or 5 MONTHS before i installed them because of the heat in FL during the summer. I wanted to wait until it cooled off a little.

Installation was a breeze, and since I did not like the harsh, jaw shaking, tire bouncing off the road when i cross a set of RR Tracks, I set them at #2.
    One click from full soft......
    As soon as i hit the highway, I said, and I quote "Holy Shit, why did i wait so long"
    Instead of comparing the ride to a non suspension go cart, I now compare it to my Mercedes or GMC Sierra with Magnetic Ride Control.
    I ACTUALLY ENJOY DRIVING IT NOW.

So yes, BUY THE DAMN SHOCKS, You won't regret it.

• Jared, I'm pretty sure Rnj12 walked away from this place for the most part. He did get in on the last QA1 from Bill though, and loves the shocks! His last activity on here was Dec 13th. He messaged me and told me he was trying to really reduce his posts on here, then later said he was stopping altogether. Personally, I hate that. I liked him, and felt he had something to offer here like any of the rest of us. I have no way to contact him other than here though, and I don't know that he's even reading things on here while not logged in.

I know he responded poorly (meaning, not in a good way) to a couple things I posted in my usual sarcastic or :POKESS: manner, I don't think I came across well. I also saw him respond in the same manner to other folks on here who are similar to my occasionally semi-caustic mode of operation. Hopefully he didn't get the feeling that everyone on here is as much of an asshole as I am.

• Spring bearings are called for by those customers who expect to adjust the ride height regularly. The bearings allow a smoother, easier adjustment of the spring positions.

They also have an effect on performance .....

As a spring compresses it also tries to "unwind" so the bearing lets it relieve stress/torsional binding in one axis allowing smoother and more consistent compression which in theory also causes slower heat and fatigue build up in spirited us ......... kind of like lessening stiction in a MC fork .....

........ nerd-squared

• Learn something everyday! This is an interesting aspect which I'm going to research in more detail. Thanks :)

• I know he responded poorly (meaning, not in a good way) to a couple things I posted in my usual sarcastic or :POKESS: manner, I don't think I came across well. I also saw him respond in the same manner to other folks on here who are similar to my occasionally semi-caustic mode of operation. Hopefully he didn't get the feeling that everyone on here is as much of an asshole as I am.

I'm not sure. He posted quite a bit soon after he jumped in and got his feet wet. I know I got some info from him that helped me, or made me think in another direction. How he and I first started PM'ing was from the "Politics" thread, and that subject is usually one that has very strong opinions whatever the subject may be. I'm only guessing, but I think he felt somewhat ganged up on, by many of the ones here that are regular posters on the forum. Thing is, most of the posts from both sides were more in agreement, just worded so that the other's feathers got ruffled. At least that's how it looked to me anyway. Who knows the reason, but all of us will do whatever we think is best at the time. I respect his choice, but really wish he were still around posting now and then. His SS was coming along nicely, and there were a few good ideas there.

Sorry for the derail. It's one of the things I'm really good at..... :D