So it must be official?!!

• I don't ever take anything you say harshly @KayTwo and I'm sure that goes for most of the folks her as well! I was just saying that I never had any issues but I guess I just got lucky now that I've been reading other posts since this thread started. Regardless, I just wish them the best and hope that @Dave@DDMWorks and @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft stick it through to keep the innovating products coming!

I appreciate the vote of confidence. Many might imagine that my company, an/or myself, is delighted to see a competitor apparently leave the market. Honestly, while the news is enthusing insofar as the potential for more market share, I am also saddened. A fellow vendor can truly relate to the difficulties and challenges we all face as vendors. I too was a new start-up once, and the learning curve is exponential, more of a cliff that leads straight up into the clouds. It by far the most critical time in a business's existence.

I wish them all the best in what comes next, and pray that for my fellow Slingers, they are able to make good on as many of their existing obligations as possible.

• I appreciate the vote of confidence. Many might imagine that my company, an/or myself, is delighted to see a competitor apparently leave the market. Honestly, while the news is enthusing insofar as the potential for more market share, I am also saddened. A fellow vendor can truly relate to the difficulties and challenges we all face as vendors. I too was a new start-up once, and the learning curve is exponential, more of a cliff that leads straight up into the clouds. It by far the most critical time in a business's existence.
    I wish them all the best in what comes next, and pray that for my fellow Slingers, they are able to make good on as many of their existing obligations as possible.

X2.... I'm about as small as it gets but have been doing this for others long enough to know that competition breads better products!
    Alpha and Henry will be missed.
    As a very small SlingShot exclusive startup I have placed all my eggs in this basket for now. The cliff @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft speaks off is very scary. I'm realistic to think I want make a dime for maybe three plus years as we try to build something here. So far I'm on track. Sitting here balancing the budget to send POs out and pay for stock, spending hours after the day job to assemble and pack and not really seeing anything other than a dream materializing (payment enough at this time). I'm not complaining but trying to make a point. If I fail it's only me. For people like Bill and Henry there are others that work for you that you now stress about. I feel bad for Henry for having to make this choose. It's not easy to let something die and watch the effect on those around him. I am glad he has another equally passionate option and hope the best for him.

I love this family that is the Sling Nation. I hope only the best for us all.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• As a former corporate Controller for small to medium size businesses, I can attest to the difficulty in growing a business. As a business adds personnel, inventory, space, etc., the constraints on cash flow are multiplied and is very difficult to manage, as the sales and subsequent cash flow always lag behind these upfront expenses. Increases in credit facilities come with an increase in interest expense, additional payroll comes with additional cost and payroll taxes, increases in inventory come with additional cost and flooring expense, etc. etc. It is very common for rapidly expanding companies to 'grow out of business' as I have come to term it. It is most often due to undercapitalization and not necessarily the management of an organization.

Just my nickel's worth. From everything I have read about Henry, and my personal dealings with him, I'm certain the current status was not by design, but more likely getting caught between a rock and the proverbial hard place. There's a back-story here, and due to the complete lack of information no one knows what it is, or are keeping it to themselves.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm sad about it as well... Never met him but communicated early in my Sling life with him and he was awesome to work with. Was really hoping to meet some of the crew in Texas last April, but they didn't make it.

After reading @Slingshot Garage story and seeing the pictures, they were someone I just needed to meet and have business with.

Henry was kind enough to let me use their FedEx shipping service and save some costs and also shipped me some stock shocks to swap out whenever I needed a rebuild for the jris I have... Sad about this and never meeting him. Though I see his restaurant does sushi and I love that stuff! If I ever visit @Ross and it's close by, we're eating there! Sorry if you don't like sushi Ross... :D

Well, I'm hoping @Dave@DDMWorks or @Jeff@DDMWorks will also be rebuilding the shocks at events now and hopefully come April in Texas again!