The day I fell in Love

• Wife noticed that I was looking at the spyder every time we seen one, she said multiple times "you miss your bike don't you". She would not get back on my honda shadow due to a close call. So years back I sold it due to that and kids made a busy life. Anyways the wife said that she probably would ride on a spyder if I got one. So I went looking on the net to see what was available. Wow I said what the hell is this thing Polaris has. Well unfortunately it was not able to be licensed here. Shit, I did sit on a spyder and all I could think of was a snow mobile on wheels. Anyways I read everything I could about the slingshot I could find and was determined to get one. Finally Ontario allowed them to be licensed and I set off to find insurance, anywhere from $5000 to $2500 was the quotes I was getting. Anyways that defaulted my quest. Then I seen Wasaga sling on this forum and reached out to him and found insurance for $1000 and ordered my sling that day. Month and half later I rode it home having never sat in one or even touching one. Been a blast so far.

• I saw mine leaving Costco in January 2016 and thought, "What the heck is that?"... Managed to catch the name on the rear and quickly Googled... The first articles I found compared it to a superhero vehicle (x-men) and another saying it was a great way to blow $20K (Forbes I think)...

Well, I then found the first forum and met some interesting characters... Started looking at used and found one from a guy named Zorro in Socal... Wife said I should test drive... So I did... Here's the picture of the 1st one I drove...

Dealer wanted to charge me lime $20Kplus for this demo... Yeah right!

Got mine for $17K... And now...

And of course, this awesome Slingshotinfo.com family! :00000436:

• If my memory serves me right, I remember encouraging (as did several other) to go out to Socal and test drive that fine machine to Texas....good adventure you'll remember for a long time.

• Saw my 1st SS parked at WalMart a couple of years ago. Thought it was really cool. Really hit my consciousness when I realized that my motorcycle riding days were numbered. Very heavy sigh...been riding since ‘64. Hard to give up to old age. But, the bright spot is that the Wing will be replaced by a Slingshot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Saw my 1st SS parked at WalMart a couple of years ago. Thought it was really cool. Really hit my consciousness when I realized that my motorcycle riding days were numbered. Very heavy sigh...been riding since ‘64. Hard to give up to old age. But, the bright spot is that the Wing will be replaced by a Slingshot.

My first ride was in may 1964, I have been on two wheels every since

A older rider once told me you don't quit riding because you get old. You get old because you quit riding.

• A older rider once told me you don't quit riding because you get old. You get old because you quit riding.

You get dead when you ride beyond your skills level. Scared the crud outta myself a few months ago. That plus my knees make it hard to maintain the Wing posture for long trips.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter