Rear wheel break dust..

• Ok here goes... Just got back from a 240 mile ride to Julian Ca on an awesome 80 degree day in SOCAL. Pulled into the garage very slow, got out and this is what I saw.
    It appears that this is break dust ( I think ). It is very powder like and is easy to brush aside or even blow away. I look in the wheel well and I can scoop out with a card
    what looks like black talcum powder in the 6. My belt has nothing on it or anything that looks like wear. Looks new. My disk is clean as a whistle and smooth. I start EVERY
    ride with the entire SS showroom clean. Every time I take a good ride I have to wash this off the rear wheel. My parking break holds when engaged and when it is let loose the whole SS glides very easy - no drag/noise.

How can I be doing 80+ MPH and come home to this?? I find it hard to believe that centrifugal force would / could keep this talc like powder on the wheel at any speed.
    Anyone else see this on their SS??

Perplexed.....

• A lot of back roads today - in fact all back roads. I get it - the rear wheel gets dirty but this fine talc is there ALL THE FRICKIN TIME!
    My main concern is no safety issues aka break/bearing issues. If it is just "road trophy" then I am all good - just wanted to put it out there before
    I go to the dealer for advise. Thanks for the reply - appreciated! :thumbup:

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• A lot of back roads today - in fact all back roads. I get it - the rear wheel gets dirty but this fine talc is there ALL THE FRICKIN TIME!
    My main concern is no safety issues aka break/bearing issues. If it is just "road trophy" then I am all good - just wanted to put it out there before
    I go to the dealer for advise. Thanks for the reply - appreciated! :thumbup:

yup, there all the time although I can keep it to a minimum with wheel wax and F11 and it hasnt caused me any issues in 15k

• Hey SOCAL don't get into the Easter eggs,it's a rigged system that TRI POD owns,you can't win.just kidding.

No he’s not!!! Seriously. Only @Tripod wins :P
    Oh, and that brake dust... always there. Never tried the plastic bucket air diverters mod though. Just wash it off once in a while

Hey, come on! I’m not participating this round, remember? I just looked at the list & wow! You guys really SUCK at finding Easter eggs!!! :00008172::00008356:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Hummmm the world is coming apart at the seams and all I can think about are the aerodynamics of the stern end of the SS!
    Can't find any wind tunnel tests for the SS to see whats going on back there. The whole deflector "thing" is a real cool Idea
    but for the talc powder to STAY ON THE RIM AND WHEEL is gunna keep me up at night for a while... But as they say... If this
    is the extent of my problems then I guess life is good :00010166:

• I've been toying with making the D-mod from aluminum diamond plate for myself to match/compliment the rear protection plate. As far as production for others, I'm not really sure what kind of price people would be willing to pay to make it worth my nephew's while for his time (he is production and I am 'marketing'). Any input from anyone?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Ok how about this for all you "engineers" out there... Put some small scoops on the rear sprocket struts to in essence turn the
    sprocket into a fan that blows towards the wheel.... Gunna be in the high 70's today the wife says we gotta go out an play ;)

• Ok how about this for all you "engineers" out there... Put some small scoops on the rear sprocket struts to in essence turn the
    sprocket into a fan that blows towards the wheel.... Gunna be in the high 70's today the wife says we gotta go out an play ;)

That should create a sideways wind towards the wheel but keep in mind that both sprocket and wheel are spinning at the same speed so you might have to try it to see (playing cards and clothes-pins?). It seems like just the spinning of the wheel would clear it but it doesn't. Just my .02 from 'Engineer' Doug!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)