Wannagofast.com 1/2 mile shootout in Ocala FL (Sat, Jan 20th 2018, 7:00am - Sun, Jan 21st 2018, 7:00pm)

Date

Wannagofast.com 1/2 mile shootout in Ocala FL

Sat, Jan 20th 2018, 7:00 am - Sun, Jan 21st 2018, 7:00 pm

1201 NE 77th St, Ocala, FL 34479, USA

Participants

0 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Jan 20th 2018, 7:00 am
  • I will say this, 1) its sad I can't get my SS to Florida once I am done with building it, and 2) any wars about power trains in a SS is ridiculous.

The limiting factor on top speed on the SS is aerodynamic, not HP. Basically the SS has the wind drag of a shovel, and at some point no amount of power will push the machine 1mpg more, so that "win" by 1mph is probably more to do with wind than hp.

Close the front end, close up the rear wheel area, lower the SS to a 2 or 3 inches off the ground, remove the splashguards, get a slanted windshield etc and the more powerful setup would have won.

You both just hit your Sling's terminal velocity, nothing to do with the block under the hood.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• While I'd like to offer that mega-powerful Slings are good for more than just pure top speed, you do make a valid point regarding aero. All along, I've humorously maintained that the Slingshot is about as aerodynamic as a Model T, and perhaps even less so!

That said...to be fair, just as Land Speed racing has different classes to accommodate both stock-bodied machines as well as partially-streamlined stockers, it's prudent to offer two different "records" to claim in our community on a similar basis. I'd offer that should one build a Sling for speed competition which includes aerodynamic aids of the nature you describe, it should have its own category, as it will possess a clear advantage.

• I will say this, 1) its sad I can't get my SS to Florida once I am done with building it.

Incidentally, there are speed competition venues and events popping up all over the country, as this style of racing is currently exploding in popularity. It's a very discussed subject among the racing organizations and event announcers I roll with, and we're all mighty impressed at the upswing in this sector of motorsports.

You may well have some opportunities in your region, so if you wannagofast, give it a look!

• Incidentally, there are speed competition venues and events popping up all over the country, as this style of racing is currently exploding in popularity. It's a very discussed subject among the racing organizations and event announcers I roll with, and we're all mighty impressed at the upswing in this sector of motorsports.
    You may well have some opportunities in your region, so if you wannagofast, give it a look!

Oh, I wannagofast for sure! My mama and the local law enforcement know better than anyone that I wannagofast!

The only thing holding me back is this giant lead weight in my back pocket!!! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• While I'd like to offer that mega-powerful Slings are good for more than just pure top speed, you do make a valid point regarding aero. All along, I've humorously maintained that the Slingshot is about as aerodynamic as a Model T, and perhaps even less so!
    That said...to be fair, just as Land Speed racing has different classes to accommodate both stock-bodied machines as well as partially-streamlined stockers, it's prudent to offer two different "records" to claim in our community on a similar basis. I'd offer that should one build a Sling for speed competition which includes aerodynamic aids of the nature you describe, it should have its own category, as it will possess a clear advantage.

We can call it the Stickerdick Class! :evil::D8o

• October is only 9 months away?! wannaGOFAST | 1/2 Mile Racing Events October 20th through the 21st. We had three slingshots there last time.... how many can we get to show up this time? With a winner take all $500.00 cash prize and a special Trophy designed and built by Three's da Life? Maybe even T-shirts for all who participate? And who knows... Ride now of Ocala was a vendor there... Maybe Some of our other vendors might want to come along? @rabtech.... you might want to mull this over?

• I would think that "Streamed Sling" would be appropriate for the units that have not simply removed factory parts but actually added purpose made parts to enhance their drag coefficient.

??????? for the Boosted Class

Stock Sling for all that are not boosted and stock in appearance.

Of course these could be broken down into sub classes of A,B,C, etc. depending on their mods.

Who knows but it is fun to dream about it! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• October is only 9 months away?! wannaGOFAST | 1/2 Mile Racing Events October 20th through the 21st. We had three slingshots there last time.... how many can we get to show up this time? With a winner take all $500.00 cash prize and a special Trophy designed and built by Three's da Life? Maybe even T-shirts for all who participate? And who knows... Ride now of Ocala was a vendor there... Maybe Some of our other vendors might want to come along? @rabtech.... you might want to mull this over?

Sounds like a fabulous idea. Please count us in, including vendor presence. I'll contact wannagofast and get signed up. It's too damn close to not be there in full regalia this time....might even have to bring a fast bike and/or car to complete the Trifecta of wheeled vehicles we enjoy!

• As you all have seen, the best thing that I can run is my mouth. It is also the cheapest thing that I can run but on the other hand it has cost me dearly many times! LOL

I'd love to see a large and diverse group of slings in Ocala for the October race!

It's almost the most fun that you can legally have with a couple hundred of your closest friends.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868