Not happy with Rural King

• On Nov 23 I placed an online order at Rural King for a group 34 AGM battery. As of the evening of Dec 14, no battery. Over the past 3 weeks I sent two emails to their “Contact Us” address. No replies. Made three calls (chose not to wait their forecast 45 minutes on hold on two of the calls) with no useful info offered when I did get answered. So today I did get an email asking me to review my purchase!!! I did respond to the review request and provided a summary of my order situation. Guess what! I just got another note from them saying my review would not be used. Rather than look into my status, they choose to reject a review. That review’s comments are in the attached pic. Gotta say - NOT IMPRESSED with Rural King so far!!! There - I’m done ranting!!

• Good news. Local RK finally had a battery in stock, and the manager agreed to meet the online sale price. But still had a 45 minute wait on hold with RK online in order to cancel the order. I did get my PayPal refund. Pretty shoddy service throughout at the online level.

• Good news. Local RK finally had a battery in stock, and the manager agreed to meet the online sale price. But still had a 45 minute wait on hold with RK online in order to cancel the order. I did get my PayPal refund. Pretty shoddy service throughout at the online level.

Glad you got it resolved though. :thumbup:

(Perhaps they should change their name to Anal King)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• RKGUNS (Rural King's Gun store) offers some nicely discounted pricing. The only awkward part about online ordering is the list of FFL holders they have listed on their website for shipping firearms to is not all that long (at least for where I live) and doesn't list what each FFL holder charges to handle a transfer. I need to find out if I can use a local gun dealer of my choice. They recently had the Taurus Judge .45/.410 Magnum (3" shell) in Blue w/3" barrel for around $350 or so. Local dealers charge closer to $500, although I've found some online Texas dealers whose prices are only a little higher than RKGuns. They also offer email notification for when an out-of-stock gun is available.

I forgot to add that the customer is responsible for getting their local dealer to send RK the appropriate FFL info before RK will ship the gun. I would expect that if I must pick an FFL holder from RK's website, RK would already be setup to efficiently communicate with that local dealer rather than having me basically do the work.

Edited once, last by BKL ().