2019 Slingshot Calendar (official thread)

• By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

I am finding out that the Slingshot is not unlike the motorcycle. Two rear tires for every time you change the front tire(s). 🤑

I was on 4 rear tires 5 including the stock one at 50.000 miles. Never even added air to the fronts.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Good news: :thumbsup:

I have my delivery, from the US, sitting waiting for me, at the local, parcel depot.

Bad news: ;(

I now have to pay an additional $25 "Trump Tax" due to the fact he has increased import duty on foreign products entering the US. - So the foreign governments have added higher tax rates to US products.

Therfore: :/

All things remain the same, except, we normal mortals, all have to pay more tax, irrespective, if we live inside or outside the US.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• When will the pols learn that tariffs increase costs to their own citizens? Some of them seem to think tariffs are paid by the foreign companies and not their own citizens. Yes, you can use tariffs to protect home industries, but all too often, the result is stagnation and lack of innovation by those protected industries and the pols' own people suffering in the long-term.

• When will the pols learn that tariffs increase costs to their own citizens? Some of them seem to think tariffs are paid by the foreign companies and not their own citizens. Yes, you can use tariffs to protect home industries, but all too often, the result is stagnation and lack of innovation by those protected industries and the pols' own people suffering in the long-term.

That's so true, BKL

Now that we are hit with retaluating "Trum Tax" I have to think twice, when ordering from places like Slingmods, but ordering from China, I have no such problems.

That can't be helping the US economy.

• So sorry Paul - we'll have to figure out a better way in the future

• Real simple answer. Let all markets give the same acces they expect. Then it would truely be free trade. To bad countries bend the trade over the years to the point it is not fair.

The US does not have the acces to the other foreign markets at the same level they expect to ours.

At some point the acces has to be moved back towards equal.

• When US businesses farm out our manufacturing to a foreign company, we can't really complain about how much we're importing and claim unfair trade practices when they're often selling us our own products. US business emphasis on maximizing investor profits at the cost of American jobs, and loss of manufacturing capacity and technology can be directly blamed for a significant portion of our trade imbalance.

• The US does not have the acces to the other foreign markets at the same level they expect to ours.

At some point the acces has to be moved back towards equal.

I suspect that (American) Apple, having previously had 30% of the Chinese market, with products that outsources hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs to countries like Mongolia, China, Korea and Taiwan, is keeping America's trade equal, as they refuse to make any product, in the US now. Now the Chinese market for Apple has fallen out, what will happen?

Who benefits from that?

That may sound harsh, but we live in a small world today and protectionism can not work to save inefficient & uneconomic industries any more. We descoverd that, in Britain, back in the 1970's.

That may upset some people, but we all have to live with the fact, it happens.

But that's taking this thread down the wrong path and would be much better suited to the political comments.

• Still got calendars available? I don't do the facebook, but I can definitely paypal as soon as you confirm they are available.

Edit: (Heck, I couldn't wait - paypal'd already. You can refuse/refund if you're sold out.)

Time to order your 2019 Slingshot Wall Calendar

The calendar is 22h x 17w [11x17 unfolded] and will contain 30 pages and over 75 photos of some of the hottest Slingshot is the US, Canada, and Europe!!!!

Calendar price is $30 USD each

Calendars will ship before Christmas so that you have them before the new year!!!!!!!

For you international Slingers, please PM me so that I can determine international shipping costs and get you a discounted price

Here's how to order ... it's easy as 1, 2, 3

1. use PayPal to send $30 USD per calendar to rossdhampton AT gmail DOT com - make sure you send it as a gift to a trust friend .... if you don't it will be rejected
    2. include your forum handle name
    3. include your real name and address
  • YIIIPPEEEE

I picked up the calendars today.

Pictures are good, printing is high quality, content is superb and the quality is excellent.

All, in all...

They are great.

Big thanks

Paul